Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- coolspot18 - 2010-03-23

Is there an option to autoscan new content on startup?

- olympia - 2010-03-23

coolspot18 Wrote:Is there an option to autoscan new content on startup?

No, currently, submit a feature request for it.

- TheShortOfIt - 2010-03-23

olympia Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=509405&postcount=3421

Only 4 hours yet... and we are working hard on it currently...

I appreciate this.. take your time, dont hurry (even If I want it NOW!!!!) ^^

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-23

Thanks for the PM.
YEEEEEEEEEEEES ! 1.0.0, Finally, I got it.
BTW: The Monkeys are gone. Wink

THX, for your hard work.

- blaize - 2010-03-23

woohoo! released ~!!!

http://www.embermm.com/tab/show/embermm

strange though, it doesnt seem to reconnize my movies :S (not finding the .nfo files)

- RockDawg - 2010-03-23

Do people like you really think this tactic works? Do you really think Team EMM is sitting there saying, "ubuntuf4n wants the new version of Ember now, so we better hurry up and get it out!"? Do you really think that throwing a smiley at the end makes your posts any less of a demand? Give it a rest and let them release it in their own time.

Team EMM probably wouldn't do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of times posts like yours cause the developers to purposely delay the release of their software out of frustration and spite.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-23

Here's the Link... CLICK
Seems to be a Web Installer.

RockDawg Wrote:Do people like you really think this tactic works? Do you really think Team EMM is sitting there saying, "ubuntuf4n wants the new version of Ember now, so we better hurry up and get it out!"? Do you really think that throwing a smiley at the end makes your posts any less of a demand? Give it a rest and let them release it in their own time.

Team EMM probably wouldn't do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of times posts like yours cause the developers to purposely delay the release of their software out of frustration and spite.

Thanks for your speech, now I'm enlightened. No smileys anymore.

- olympia - 2010-03-23

I don't beleive this...

We've been working so hard in the last few months, not to mention the last days and nights when we barely had some sleeping.
We were waiting for the moment of the announcement as much as some of you.

ubuntuf4n made up this moment for us.

"Here's the Link... CLICK
Seems to be a Web Installer."

Thank you very much ubuntuf4n! Congratulation!

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-23

I posted the link from the EMM website. So what's the deal?

Everybody can reach it. Its not hidden.

- blaize - 2010-03-23

I'm allready busy orderering my TVshow collection to make sure it's as clean as this software ^_^ working like a charm so far!

(except ofcourse it doesnt reconnise my .nfo's in my movies folder (wich were created using previous Ember installs)

- nul7 - 2010-03-23

Well, since ubuntuf4n made the release announcement for us (months of work summed up in "here's the link"... nice) I'll just say: Please don't try to install this version over your old one. The settings and database are NOT compatible. I want to re-iterate that TV Show support is in it's infancy so don't expect it to have all the features that Movies support does.... yet. None of us use XBMC for TV Shows so I'm sure there are a few things we can do better or may have overlooked. If you have any suggestions for features or improvements or find a bug, as always, please post it to our issues list so that we can track them.

- Montellese - 2010-03-23

Thanks for the new version. Just downloaded it to see what magic you guys did.

Maybe I don't understand anymore how this is supposed to work so here's my problem.
I setup all my movie sources in the initial setup (I have them organized in folder level style with movie.tbn, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo) and activated the checkboxes for the files (actually they already were activated). Then I let EMM scan all my folders which gives me the complete list of all my movies.
BUT I don't see any information at all apart from the Title although all my movies have a "movie.nfo", a "movie.tbn" and a "fanart.jpg". Do I need to actually scrape them? Shouldn't it just read the info from already existing NFOs?
Furthermore I get an exception everytime I click "Edit Movie":
Code:
Title: Error
Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
StackTrace:    bei EmberAPI.APIXML.GetRatingList()
Date/Time: 23.03.2010 13:33:49
(sorry it's in german and means that the object reference does not point to a valid object instance (so it points to null)).

- nul7 - 2010-03-23

blaize Wrote:(except ofcourse it doesnt reconnise my .nfo's in my movies folder (wich were created using previous Ember installs)

Check the settings... make sure the settings for file naming are correct.

- FidoFuz - 2010-03-23

nul7 Wrote:I want to re-iterate that TV Show support is in it's infancy so don't expect it to have all the features that Movies support does.... yet.

Yeah, but I'd like to add that although the TV Show support may be in it's infancy it definitely kicks ass.

- nul7 - 2010-03-23

Montellese Wrote:Thanks for the new version. Just downloaded it to see what magic you guys did.

Maybe I don't understand anymore how this is supposed to work so here's my problem.
I setup all my movie sources in the initial setup (I have them organized in folder level style with movie.tbn, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo) and activated the checkboxes for the files (actually they already were activated). Then I let EMM scan all my folders which gives me the complete list of all my movies.
BUT I don't see any information at all apart from the Title although all my movies have a "movie.nfo", a "movie.tbn" and a "fanart.jpg". Do I need to actually scrape them? Shouldn't it just read the info from already existing NFOs?
Furthermore I get an exception everytime I click "Edit Movie":
Code:
Title: Error
Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
StackTrace:    bei EmberAPI.APIXML.GetRatingList()
Date/Time: 23.03.2010 13:33:49
(sorry it's in german and means that the object reference does not point to a valid object instance (so it points to null)).

Did you install to a fresh directory or over your previous installation?