Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- craigd - 2010-03-24

OK apologies if this turns into a long one but I am having major headaches with TV series.

I have all my shows stored in layout "TV SHOWS\TV Show Name\TV Show Name - sXXeXX - Episode Name.

I was using media companion 2 and all episodes have nfos etc already, I've always prefered ember and I want the absolute ordering setting for anime so really want to move completely but can't get a lot of my shows to scan in properlly.

The majority of my files are recraping okay but occassionally it just won't recognise certain episodes, it was generally working doing change episode etc. and I was getting there.

I decided to try to recreate a series to see if it would be easier, big mistake...

I deleted all files except videos from My folder for Archer (2009) and recraped TVDB and all episodes appeared in unknown season filename s-1eXX. If I try to change episode get message none found for this season

I figured I'd try again with a seson1 sub folder and now all get recognised as season 1 but the episodes aren't found and apear s01e-X. Now I can change episode by right clicking this time but I have over 10,000 episodes to scan across 213 shows and this may take the rest of my life.

do I need to change the regex or is there any other reasons why these episodes are not being recognised?

- olympia - 2010-03-24

craigd Wrote:OK apologies if this turns into a long one but I am having major headaches with TV series.

I have all my shows stored in layout "TV SHOWS\TV Show Name\TV Show Name - sXXeXX - Episode Name.

I was using media companion 2 and all episodes have nfos etc already, I've always prefered ember and I want the absolute ordering setting for anime so really want to move completely but can't get a lot of my shows to scan in properlly.

The majority of my files are recraping okay but occassionally it just won't recognise certain episodes, it was generally working doing change episode etc. and I was getting there.

I decided to try to recreate a series to see if it would be easier, big mistake...

I deleted all files except videos from My folder for Archer (2009) and recraped TVDB and all episodes appeared in unknown season filename s-1eXX. If I try to change episode get message none found for this season

I figured I'd try again with a seson1 sub folder and now all get recognised as season 1 but the episodes aren't found and apear s01e-X. Now I can change episode by right clicking this time but I have over 10,000 episodes to scan across 213 shows and this may take the rest of my life.

do I need to change the regex or is there any other reasons why these episodes are not being recognised?

MOst probably some regex and their ordering still needs some fine tune.
Please provide a screenshot of the entire content for Archer.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-24

olympia Wrote:We already have a potential fix in SVN for downloading trailers during scrapers.
But manual trailer downloading should work.

But actually, with these settings, you will never get trailers during scrapers... Smile

Which are the right settings, and where can I get the latest SVN-Release ?

- >>X<< - 2010-03-24

olympia Wrote:Ack... You've found a bug. If themoviedb.org is the only selection for image scraping, then this button is disabled. We will fix this.

Workaround: Enable at least one other site for image scraping.

ok thanks thought I had missed an option ended up trying them all to get it to work Laugh

I can use Re scape for the time being, one thing I miss is the poster size in pixels when your selecting a poster will this be added again as I like to get 1000x1500 where possible if there isn't one I normally source from somewhere else and upload to the themoviedb.org

- olympia - 2010-03-24

>>X<<' Wrote:ok thanks thought I had missed an option ended up trying them all to get it to work Laugh

I can use Re scape for the time being, one thing I miss is the poster size in pixels when your selecting a poster will this be added again as I like to get 1000x1500 where possible if there isn't one I normally source from somewhere else and upload to the themoviedb.org

Enable image cache to activate this, otherwise Ember doesn't download the full images. Remote detection of the image size is not possible.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-24

olympia Wrote:Enable image cache to activate this, otherwise Ember doesn't download the full images. Remote detection of the image size is not possible.

That did the trick thanks Smile

- craigd - 2010-03-24

olympia Wrote:MOst probably some regex and their ordering still needs some fine tune.
Please provide a screenshot of the entire content for Archer.

here's a screenshot with archer

this is it updated after flattening the show so path to videos is "TV Series 3\Archer (2009)\Archer (2009) - 1x01 - Mole Hunt.avi"

didn't realise this was named differently from others so will test a season where it is s01e01 rather than the 1x01.

I've shown you can manually select the episodes and all the episodes themselves are in the db but the files aren't being recognised for some reason?

- sparkyjay23 - 2010-03-24

I had to rename Archer to Archer (2009) delete the old nfo and rescrape and it all worked ok

- craigd - 2010-03-24

sparkyjay23 Wrote:I had to rename Archer to Archer (2009) delete the old nfo and rescrape and it all worked ok

That's how I originally had it which was why I decided to delete it all and start from scratch with that season.

- cd492 - 2010-03-24

olympia Wrote:We already have a potential fix in SVN for downloading trailers during scrapers.
But manual trailer downloading should work.

But actually, with these settings, you will never get trailers during scrapers... Smile

Thanks for the quick answer and yes my settings were wrong. Now it`s working manually. Respect Guys!

- mark007 - 2010-03-24

As a slight excention to http://www.embermm.com/issues/318, I get an EMM crash when "copy existing fanart to backdrops folder" for VIDEO_TS fanart.

For example with a DVD structure I have for the movie, "The Village" I see two fanart images so unsure which exactly emm is having trouble with.

The Village\VIDEO_TS\video_ts-fanart.jpg
The Village\The Village-fanart.jpg

Which is correct, ie where should fanart and nfos go for VIDEO_TS structures.

Does this mean a new bug should be created or is it as a result of the bug above?

- olympia - 2010-03-24

mark007 Wrote:As a slight excention to http://www.embermm.com/issues/318, I get an EMM crash when "copy existing fanart to backdrops folder" for VIDEO_TS fanart.

For example with a DVD structure I have for the movie, "The Village" I see two fanart images so unsure which exactly emm is having trouble with.

<DVD MOVIE DIR>\VIDEO_TS\video_ts-fanart.jpg
<DVD MOVIE DIR>\The Village-fanart.jpg

Which is correct, ie where should fanart and nfos go for VIDEO_TS structures.

Does this mean a new bug should be created or is it as a result of the bug above?

All the files should goes to VIDEO_TS folder in this case for sure.
Are you trying to use it now with enabled recursive scan?

- cd492 - 2010-03-24

One quick question.

I want to sort my movies alphabetically. The thing is every movie beginning with The makes some trouble. E.g. the movie The Fountain is in my collection between Fight Club and From Dusk Till Dawn, because of Fountain, the.

In EMM I have entered this

wth no result.

How can I change that?

- mark007 - 2010-03-24

olympia Wrote:All the files should goes to VIDEO_TS folder in this case for sure.
Are you trying to use it now with enabled recursive scan?

Yeah, I suppose I should wait for the new version to come out with the fix for the original bug I posted.

I'll see if emm stores things in the right place then with recursive on and off.

- olympia - 2010-03-24

cd492 Wrote:One quick question.

I want to sort my movies alphabetically. The thing is every movie beginning with The makes some trouble. E.g. the movie The Fountain is in my collection between Fight Club and From Dusk Till Dawn, because of Fountain, the.

In EMM I have entered this

wth no result.

How can I change that?

Of course there is no result, becuase Ember is saving The Fountain as The Fountain into the NFO by default. Ember is not modifying titles!

But both EMM and XBMC have a setting to ignore the sort tokens like "The" for example wich is also turned on by defualt in both. So if you don't like your list sorted like this, you have to turn this off in both application.