Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- >>X<< - 2010-03-24

cd492 Wrote:One quick question.

I want to sort my movies alphabetically. The thing is every movie beginning with The makes some trouble. E.g. the movie The Fountain is in my collection between Fight Club and From Dusk Till Dawn, because of Fountain, the.

In XBMC do the following

Settings > Appearance > File Lists, uncheck "Ignore articles when sorting (e.g the)"

- Ayla - 2010-03-24

Anyone else having problems with movies with foreign characters in them?

I don't want to report the bug if it's just me doing something wrong.

Here is a screenshot, even if I rescrape the movies, Ember still thinks that there is no fanart, poster etc. (even though the files are there, in the movie folder):

- djenous - 2010-03-24

Is it normal for "Scrape media" to be grayed out when I switch to TV shows?
Also in settings/ember native tv scrapers I got nothing there.

- cd492 - 2010-03-24

>>X<<' Wrote:In XBMC do the following

Settings > Appearance > File Lists, uncheck "Ignore articles when sorting (e.g the)"

Jesus never saw this feature, thanks...

- craigd - 2010-03-24

ok, me again, on tv stuff again, sorry Blush

anyway...I understand you've not put multi scraping into tv yet but is there anyway to automate scraping missing episode thumbs via frame extraction as they're not being populated for me fwhen I scrape a show if there's no image on tvdb.

- sphere - 2010-03-24

Ayla Wrote:Anyone else having problems with movies with foreign characters in them?[/img]
Please give a full example of your files in this folder, example:
C:\Movies\Jagarna\Jagarna.avi
C:\Movies\Jagarna\Jagarna.tbn
C:\Movies\Jagarna\Jagarna-fanart.jpg

And tell the settings for this source (use folder name for scan?, ...)
Perhaps this is a bug.

djenous Wrote:Is it normal for "Scrape media" to be grayed out when I switch to TV shows?
Also in settings/ember native tv scrapers I got nothing there.
yes, this is normal. It will be changed in the future but for now multi-show-scraping is disabled.
You can only mark a tvshow and in its context-menu call "rescrape theTVDB" separately

craigd Wrote:ok, me again, on tv stuff again, sorry Blush
anyway...I understand you've not put multi scraping into tv yet but is there anyway to automate scraping missing episode thumbs via frame extraction as they're not being populated for me fwhen I scrape a show if there's no image on tvdb.
No, the only thing you can do for now is create extracted frames as poster separately for every episode via the tab "Frame Extraction" and there the button "Save as Poster" manually.

- davidaq - 2010-03-24

i have a problem that the new version of ember will not detect any of my fanart.jpg files. (it sees <movie>-fanart.jpg files fine)

anyone else have this problem?

- sphere - 2010-03-24

davidaq Wrote:i have a problem that the new version of ember will not detect any of my fanart.jpg files. (it sees <movie>-fanart.jpg files fine)

Do you have enabled both ("<movie>-fanart.jpg" and "fanart.jpg") on the regarding source?

- davidaq - 2010-03-24

no, i just have fanart.jpg enabled...

- olympia - 2010-03-24

davidaq Wrote:no, i just have fanart.jpg enabled...

Enable detect only one movie from each folder on the source!

- grumbler - 2010-03-24

Did my first testdrive with TV scraping a moment ago and it worked pretty good. But one question:
Is it possible in future releases to provide a way to change the preview size of TV series banners? Because right now they're cramped in those little sqare boxes after scraping, and espacially on banners you cant recognize very much of the picture, which is sad Smile
Mayby make the scraping-preview-window resizable or let the user set the size of the preview squares or something like that.

- olympia - 2010-03-24

grumbler Wrote:Did my first testdrive with TV scraping a moment ago and it worked pretty good. But one question:
Is it possible in future releases to provide a way to change the preview size of TV series banners? Because right now they're cramped in those little sqare boxes after scraping, and espacially on banners you cant recognize very much of the picture, which is sad Smile
Mayby make the scraping-preview-window resizable or let the user set the size of the preview squares or something like that.

Double-click on it? Wink

- sphere - 2010-03-24

grumbler Wrote:Did my first testdrive with TV scraping a moment ago and it worked pretty good. But one question:

You are able to do this:
Go to "EmberDir\Themes\tvshow-Default.xml" and copy it to "EmberDir\Themes\tvshow-grumbler.xml".
Then open your own tv theme and edit lines 33 and 34:
<postermaxwidth>160</postermaxwidth>
<postermaxheight>160</postermaxheight>

you can do something like:
<postermaxwidth>480</postermaxwidth>
<postermaxheight>320</postermaxheight>

after this changes go in the ember settings and choose your fresh created own tvshow theme Smile

(But watch for updates or coming features, future versions could need a newer tvshow theme!)

EDIT: Damn, I thought you meant the "Media View", but you meant - like olympia understood right - the image scraping window.
Perhaps this reply is useful for another one Big Grin

Export Movie List - Rob Xbox User - 2010-03-24

I love the feature allowing you to create a html list of your movies.

However I want to print the information out Movie, synopsis and dvd cover - is this possible?

- olympia - 2010-03-24

Rob Xbox User Wrote:I love the feature allowing you to create a html list of your movies.

However I want to print the information out Movie, synopsis and dvd cover - is this possible?

Have you checked the additional templates in addons manager?