Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Jocker_Boy - 2010-03-26

Nuno Wrote:That is a nice feature, Issue a feature request on our site so we don't forget Wink

Already done.

Another feature request.
Why EMM do not check the "subtitle" if this inside the *mkv?
It only chek when we have ".srt".

It will be nice, if it shows the "check" in subtitle and we can see if it is soft or hard subtitle?

What you think?

- Nuno - 2010-03-26

Jocker_Boy Wrote:Already done.

Another feature request.
Why EMM do not check the "subtitle" if this inside the *mkv?
It only chek when we have ".srt".

It will be nice, if it shows the "check" in subtitle and we can see if it is soft or hard subtitle?

What you think?

lol .. don't post here, issue a request Wink, is very hard for us to keep track of all issues posted in here, so best is to issue a request

- Jocker_Boy - 2010-03-26

Nuno Wrote:lol .. don't post here, issue a request Wink, is very hard for us to keep track of all issues posted in here, so best is to issue a request

Ok. Sorry.
Already done.

- sphere - 2010-03-26

Nuno Wrote:lol .. don't post here, issue a request Wink, is very hard for us to keep track of all issues posted in here, so best is to issue a request

I requested this a few month ago but it was rejected because of the logic that a marked checkbox means the presence of a file.

And now after the checkboxes are replaced by graphics, I requested this again and it is scheduled Nod
This is already requested by me: http://www.embermm.com/issues/262 Smile

In Short: No need for another request, it is already there.

regards

- ingeon - 2010-03-26

proximity Wrote:1105's working fine just the web installer

yeah. not of fan of webinstaller.
Would like to have it as a portable application.
I prefer to normally manually delete the previous version and do my own fresh 'install'

- coolspot18 - 2010-03-26

Yeah I don't like the web installer either ... The zip downloads were great since I run the app off a network share.

Since upgrading from 1105, I can't start the application, I get the following error:

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at EmberAPI.Settings.Load()
Date/Time: 3/26/2010 11:15:34 AM
===========================================================================================

After doing a clean install, I get the following error, the application crashes while loading up the modules. VS.NET debugger shows:

Argument 'Prompt' cannot be converted to type 'String'.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.MsgBox(Object Prompt, MsgBoxStyle Buttons, Object Title)
at Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.raise_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledException(UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledExceptionEventAdaptor(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
at Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args)

Does Ember no longer run from a UNC path?

- Nuno - 2010-03-26

coolspot18 Wrote:Yeah I don't like the web installer either ... The zip downloads were great since I run the app off a network share.

Since upgrading from 1105, I can't start the application, I get the following error:
Does Ember no longer run from a UNC path?

Upgrade from older version is not supported... V 1.0 need to be a fresh install
Setup just avoid errors on the installation. Ember still self contained... and can be moved/run from anywhere

Please do not report bugs here. Please post them to our tracker on embermm.com (see my signature for a link). Reported bugs quickly get lost in this thread.

TV scraper like ember media manager - jcl3042 - 2010-03-26

I'm looking for a program like EMM to scrape my TV folder before I upload it to XBMC it just seems to go quicker if I prescrape.

- ejkeebler - 2010-03-26

why not just use emm?

- jcl3042 - 2010-03-26

the version I have seems to only do movies.....Unless I'm setting it up wrong or something

just one question about html templates - yop289 - 2010-03-26

I´m trying to make my own html template. I have to many external disks, when I do a <$POSTER_FILE>; and exported, the posters films were renamed doing and order.
1.jpg
2.jpg
I think this order is according the list of movies that are in database at this moment, the problems comes when I put another disk all posters gone away for older disk.

I think will we better if you rename this images with imdb number, don´t you?

I hope you understand what I'm saying my english is to bad.

I need to know the flag for the Studio.

///////////////////////////

Another thing:
As I told to you previously I have to many external discs, and if it was possible I would like to be able to identify them in the html template and in the database in which disk is the film.

I have the discs with the correlative names
Film1, film2 etc...

It is possible to have a variable that identifies the name of the disc and not his route.
M:,I:,F:;

I need the name.

Best regards
awesome software

- jcl3042 - 2010-03-26

aha....got the official version from the site. Works like a charm.

- snelvuur - 2010-03-26

build the latest version from source, to check if the trailers where working (which it does ofcourse)

But noticed this:

The last title is under the filters section. Dont think i had this with the older version. (maybe i should better wait for the new release perhaps)

- uncertainty - 2010-03-27

BTW I think TheTVDB.com has been down most of the day and I still cant contact the website url. Just posting this here in case people are having trouble scraping TV Shows...

- nul7 - 2010-03-27

yop289 Wrote:I´m trying to make my own html template. I have to many external disks, when I do a <$POSTER_FILE>; and exported, the posters films were renamed doing and order.
1.jpg
2.jpg
I think this order is according the list of movies that are in database at this moment, the problems comes when I put another disk all posters gone away for older disk.

I think will we better if you rename this images with imdb number, don´t you?

I hope you understand what I'm saying my english is to bad.

I need to know the flag for the Studio.

///////////////////////////

Another thing:
As I told to you previously I have to many external discs, and if it was possible I would like to be able to identify them in the html template and in the database in which disk is the film.

I have the discs with the correlative names
Film1, film2 etc...

It is possible to have a variable that identifies the name of the disc and not his route.
M:,I:,F:;

I need the name.

Best regards
awesome software

Bug reports and feature requests posted to this forum will be ignored... it's the only way we can push the idea to use our issue tracker so we can track the issues properly. Please see my signature for a link to the tracker.

snelvuur Wrote:build the latest version from source, to check if the trailers where working (which it does ofcourse)

But noticed this:

The last title is under the filters section. Dont think i had this with the older version. (maybe i should better wait for the new release perhaps)

Update from SVN and build again... accidentally did that when messing with fixes for different DPIs, but has been fixed already.

uncertainty Wrote:BTW I think TheTVDB.com has been down most of the day and I still cant contact the website url. Just posting this here in case people are having trouble scraping TV Shows...

Thanks... looks like they're back up again now. Which reminds me... if you use EMM for TV Shows (or any other media manager or media center that accesses the TVDB) please consider donating to them. It appears they have some serious issues with site stability... more donations should = better stability. Or, if you don't want to/can't afford to donate, consider visiting their site often just to click on the banner ads.