Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Moldiver - 2010-03-30

Not sure if this has been asked but just updated to the latest version and before all my movies had ticks next to them, now alot are misisng stuff but they have posters and trailers etc in their folders. Any way to update EMM to show that all my movies have their stuff?

- sphere - 2010-03-30

craigd Wrote:I have always used following file structure for absolute anime "tv shows anime\show name\show name - s01exxx.mkv"

Scraping with ember it finds show and downloads first seasons episode details correctly but all subsequent episodes remain under season 1 with no episode details scraped.

Can anyone advise if they've successfully used absolute ordering and how they are naming files?
Hi,

I have created a testfolder with this:
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S01E01.mkv (S01 E01, correct)
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S01E02.mkv (S01 E02, correct)
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S02E01.mkv (S02 E01, correct)
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S02E10.mkv (S02 E10, correct)

And everything is detected correctly. Please give a full example of your file/folder structure.

craigd Wrote:slighlty related to this, just wanted to check if folder sorting works for tv shows to seperate into seasons, was awsome tool for updating movies.

This is already on the roadmap for 1.5 (expected 17. May)

regards
sphere

- sphere - 2010-03-30

Moldiver Wrote:Not sure if this has been asked but just updated to the latest version and before all my movies had ticks next to them, now alot are misisng stuff but they have posters and trailers etc in their folders. Any way to update EMM to show that all my movies have their stuff?

You have to enable the naming schemes in the settings.
Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming

There you have to check every scheme you are using!

Files with NOT the moviename in its titles are only detected if you have enabled "only detect one movie from each folder"! (example: folder.jpg, fanart.jpg etc)

- Moldiver - 2010-03-30

sphere Wrote:You have to enable the naming schemes in the settings.
Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming

There you have to check every scheme you are using!

Files with NOT the moviename in its titles are only detected if you have enabled "only detect one movie from each folder"! (example: folder.jpg, fanart.jpg etc)

Al folders and movie files are the exact names all boxes are ticked in EMM and all files are there just EMM doesn't seem to want to show them. Only way to get them is to re-scrape.

- sphere - 2010-03-30

Moldiver Wrote:Al folders and movie files are the exact names all boxes are ticked in EMM and all files are there just EMM doesn't seem to want to show them. Only way to get them is to re-scrape.

Please give a 2 full examples like:
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride-fanart.jpg
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride.mkv
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride.nfo
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride.tbn

AND double-check that this source has "only detect one movie from each folder" enabled!

regards
sphere

- Moldiver - 2010-03-30

sphere Wrote:Please give a 2 full examples like:
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride-fanart.jpg
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride.mkv
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride.nfo
/SourceFolder/Corpse Bride/Corpse Bride.tbn

AND double-check that this source has "only detect one movie from each folder" enabled!

regards
sphere

Thanks!, it was the "Only detect one movie" that was causing it.

- SHen350 - 2010-03-30

craigd Wrote:I'm still having the same issues with absolute order for anime shows after 1.1

I have always used following file structure for absolute anime "tv shows anime\show name\show name - s01exxx.mkv"

This was the naming structure originally advised for xbmc as xbmc needed a season number to scrape shows.

Scraping with ember it finds show and downloads first seasons episode details correctly but all subsequent episodes remain under season 1 with no episode details scraped.

I have tested with shows Bleach, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden & Pokemon all have same results.

I can scrape shows successfully within xbmc so assume it is my naming convention not working with ember.

Can anyone advise if they've successfully used absolute ordering and how they are naming files?

slighlty related to this, just wanted to check if folder sorting works for tv shows to seperate into seasons, was awsome tool for updating movies.

Are all your seasons in their own folder inside the show folder? I had a problem with the few shows I didn't set up that way.

TV/Better Off Ted/Better Off Ted Season 1/ Better Off Ted S01E1

TV/Better Off Ted/Better Off Ted Season 2/ Better Off Ted S02E1

Once I did that it worked well. Also that way my season fanart worked correctly where it used the show fanart all the time and not the season fanart.

- craigd - 2010-03-30

sphere Wrote:Hi,

I have created a testfolder with this:
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S01E01.mkv (S01 E01, correct)
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S01E02.mkv (S01 E02, correct)
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S02E01.mkv (S02 E01, correct)
SourceFolder\Naruto\Naruto - S02E10.mkv (S02 E10, correct)

And everything is detected correctly. Please give a full example of your file/folder structure.

This is already on the roadmap for 1.5 (expected 17. May)

regards
sphere

The problem is with absolute numbering so all episodes 230+ are labeled season 1. strictly speaking they shouldn't have a season assigned at all but when absolute was introduced to xbmc, xbmc required all episodes to have a season number to be scraped hence s00 for specials s01 for absolute.

For anime scene releases they are numbered from 1 increasing by aired date essentially and not split into seasons. if you go to tvdb and go into the episode detail of an anime show you will see an absolute number, it is this rather than the season/episode id I need to scrape.

I logged it as a bug and Jason has already confirmed it should be working but I don't know how the files should be labeled.

I am aware I can rename the episodes into seasons, the problem with this is that there is not a regimented season structure and people seem to guess on thetvdb and order can change now and again where as absolute id should always be correct.

- sphere - 2010-03-30

craigd Wrote:I logged it as a bug and Jason has already confirmed it should be working but I don't know how the files should be labeled.

Yes, and Jason said "You'll need a custom regex for this, as well." and if you would give an full example I would help you with the custom regex Wink

They can be labeled as you wish - if you have a regex wich can match this Wink

- craigd - 2010-03-30

he then accepted it as an issue and advised it was resolved it in rev 1893 http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/repository/revisions/1893

Either way I'm not logging a bug, I'm not saying it should be my way, I'm simply asking if anyone uses absolute ordering what the best naming convention is for ember so I can change my affected shows accordingly and get them to scrape correctly.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-30

I downloaded the latest version last night and tried getting it to copy my fanart to the backdrops folder and it copied my subtitles there instead... is this a known issue?

- DanielEis - 2010-03-30

First of all: Thanks for this great program! You've done a great job!

I have a question on the function "frame extraction": Should this work with TV Shows automatically yet? Ember has downloaded all available episode images from thetvdb.com, but the missing episode images aren't extracted automatically. But the manual frame extraction works.

I got used to the info, that showed the folder and filename beneath the movie-filter. Since V.1.0 it isn't displayed anymore. Is there a option that i missed?

Thanks again, and keep up the good work! Smile

- nul7 - 2010-03-30

midgetspy Wrote:I downloaded the latest version last night and tried getting it to copy my fanart to the backdrops folder and it copied my subtitles there instead... is this a known issue?

Yeah... we removed some columns from the db, which in turn affected the column numbers of the datagrid. We thought we updated them all, but obviously a couple of them slipped through the cracks. lol

- nul7 - 2010-03-30

acme-badboy Wrote:First of all: Thanks for this great program! You've done a great job!

I have a question on the function "frame extraction": Should this work with TV Shows automatically yet? Ember has downloaded all available episode images from thetvdb.com, but the missing episode images aren't extracted automatically. But the manual frame extraction works.

I got used to the info, that showed the folder and filename beneath the movie-filter. Since V.1.0 it isn't displayed anymore. Is there a option that i missed?

Thanks again, and keep up the good work! Smile

To make a feature request: http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/issues/new

The file path is still displayed for movies, just not TV yet.

- CorpseTumor - 2010-03-31

Is it now safe to keep ember media manager installed in the "program files" folder on my drive? There was issues before with doing this, and i had to put them under appdata>local

Quote: Originally Posted by Therms View Post
Ember tries to write it's settings to it's own directory. If you put EMM in Program Files, EMM has to be run as administrator because only administrators can write to Program Files.

The "correct" solution to this is writing settings to %appdata%.
EDITTongueroblem persists. Except this time even if i move ember to 'appdata' it still keeps asking me for admin privileges. I already right clicked and checked "run as administrator" under compatibility and it still keeps asking me if i would like to run as admin after every startup. Any ideas?

Thanks guys great work!

Another question, is it possible for ember to rename .srt (subtitles) to the correct movie name?

Example: The Time travelers wife english.srt to The Time Travelers Wife (2009).en.srt