Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2010-04-01

BigBlack Wrote:Hi guys, i've installed the final version of EMM but it ask me everytime the UAC autorization on win 7... I use it in a script chain and that create me some trouble... There's a way to solve it? It never asked before...

Right Click Ember's Icon in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Enable "Run as Administrator"

If that doesn't work: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html

- FidoFuz - 2010-04-01

Nothing works in the latest version:

The scrapers don't scrape
It is not scraping the picture I have on the wall in my sitting room
It is not checking my email for images sent to me
I like angelina jolie, how do I make all my fanart pictures of her?
Can it be changed to scrape trailers when I'm not connected to the internet?
Some actor images have very bright teeth, can these be automatically dulled down?
The text doesn't pick the best font on my system
The only way to rotate the fanart is to turn the monitor upside down
The built-in screensaver does not activate despite sitting watching it for 4 hours
The donate button seems to reduce the money in my account, could it be changed to increase this figure?

Sorry, I should really log these issues on the tracker Smile

- nul7 - 2010-04-01

FidoFuz Wrote:The scrapers don't scrape

We have removed scraping functionality completely from Ember. We have decided to go a different route and make Ember a Notepad replacement. We just don't think there are quite enough of those yet.

FidoFuz Wrote:It is not scraping the picture I have on the wall in my sitting room

It must be within 3 feet of the computer.

FidoFuz Wrote:It is not checking my email for images sent to me

Hmmm... that's strange. I can't reproduce this one. You do have "Scrape Nudie Pics from Email" enabled, right?

FidoFuz Wrote:I like angelina jolie, how do I make all my fanart pictures of her?

I need more information. Send me all the pictures you have of her so I can use them for "testing purposes".

FidoFuz Wrote:Can it be changed to scrape trailers when I'm not connected to the internet?

This feature was already added a couple version ago, but it only works for gooseneck trailers. We will try to add support for ball hitch versions in the next release.

FidoFuz Wrote:Some actor images have very bright teeth, can these be automatically dulled down?

Pour a lot of coffee on your monitor and smoke cigarettes around your computer.

FidoFuz Wrote:The text doesn't pick the best font on my system

But does your text pick the best system on your font?

FidoFuz Wrote:The only way to rotate the fanart is to turn the monitor upside down

Stand on your head. Wink

FidoFuz Wrote:The built-in screensaver does not activate despite sitting watching it for 4 hours

It activates at 4 hours and 1 minute.

FidoFuz Wrote:The donate button seems to reduce the money in my account, could it be changed to increase this figure?

Wait... please file a bug report for this one. It should empty your account completely, not just reduce it.

- BigBlack - 2010-04-01

nul7 Wrote:Right Click Ember's Icon in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Enable "Run as Administrator"

If that doesn't work: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html

No, this not solve the problem... I've installed it on C:\ and now don't ask the autorization, but now i've understand why... It open a windows, like the windows format windows, but it's another color theme, so I think it's a joke... But why there's that windows?? I was near to an heart attack when I saw IT!! R U CRAZY!?

edit: However, still not run when I open that from the script..... I don't understand why... It tell me that can't find exe file... With the previous beta version, and all other program, i never had this trouble, and i don't have it now.... Only with EMM... What's changed?

- olympia - 2010-04-01

BigBlack Wrote:No, this not solve the problem... I've installed it on C:\ and now don't ask the autorization, but now i've understand why... It open a windows, like the windows format windows, but it's another color theme, so I think it's a joke... But why there's that windows?? I was near to an heart attack when I saw IT!! R U CRAZY!?

Smile Smile
We finally decided that it's easier to format everything, than try to scraping every possible file and folder structure. We get bored with all the regex stuff recently. Next version will try to look up all the drives with movies and TV shows, just to go for sure... Smile

- BigBlack - 2010-04-01

ahahahah, shit... Tongue thank you for the heart attack Tongue However You read the edit above? Don't understand why my script editor doesn't find the exe file... It always worked...

edit: also in C:\ it ask me authorization... mmmm very boring...

- Nuno - 2010-04-01

BigBlack Wrote:P.S: However, still not run when I open that from the script..... I don't understand why..
Issue a Support (not bug..lol) ticket, and we will try to help on that. There are some things you need to look at when calling ember from inside other applications

- nul7 - 2010-04-01

BigBlack Wrote:No, this not solve the problem... I've installed it on C:\ and now don't ask the autorization, but now i've understand why... It open a windows, like the windows format windows, but it's another color theme, so I think it's a joke... But why there's that windows?? I was near to an heart attack when I saw IT!! R U CRAZY!?

P.S: However, still not run when I open that from the script..... I don't understand why... It tell me that can't find exe file... With the previous beta version, and all other program, i never had this trouble, and i don't have it now.... Only with EMM... What's changed?

Ember needs as much disk space as possible to operate properly so it will automatically format every drive it can find... even networked drives, flash drives, the driveway, your sex drive, and the song by The Cars.

- RockBastard - 2010-04-01

F*ck you guys nearly gave me a heart attack! Thank god it only was the C: drive, and not my D: drive, which contains my movie collection.. then i would have had a heart attack for sure Smile

- BigBlack - 2010-04-01

Nuno Wrote:Issue a Support (not bug..lol) ticket, and we will try to help on that. There are some things you need to look at when calling ember from inside other applications

Not understand osrry, I need to go to EMM forum on it's site and there post the trouble? What's so particularly to load from another program?

- nul7 - 2010-04-01

RockBastard Wrote:F*ck you guys nearly gave me a heart attack! Thank god it only was the C: drive, and not my D: drive, which contains my movie collection.. then i would have had a heart attack for sure Smile

Aw, you're right. Thanks for reporting that bug. It was a regex problem causing the formatter to skip drive D. *shakes fist in the air* Damn you, Regex! DAMN YOU!!!

- Nuno - 2010-04-01

BigBlack Wrote:Not understand osrry, I need to go to EMM forum on it's site and there post the trouble? What's so particularly to load from another program?

Working folder have to be ember folder. Calling app need to have a User Interface (can't be a service)..

- Ayla - 2010-04-01

My heart stopped a couple of seconds when Ember started to format the C: drive!

Then I remembered that I'm running Windows in a Virtual Machine that makes a backup snapshot of the system every few hours, so no worries.

Then I remembered it is April 1st and thought: Damn you crazy Ember devs!!

- BigBlack - 2010-04-01

Nuno Wrote:Working folder have to be ember folder. Calling app need to have a User Interface (can't be a service)..

I need that it open the windows.... Nothings else... not a service or other... It's a macro script non a real script.... I Don't understand where the problem is... Confused

- Nuno - 2010-04-01

BigBlack Wrote:I need that it open the windows.... Nothings else... not a service or other... It's a macro script non a real script.... I Don't understand where the problem is... Confused

How it call ember?