Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Mike2023 - 2010-04-02

You had me dude... good April fools. Not sure everyone will see the humor in it, but I did. :-)

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-04-02

xD nice fool, really shocked me.

- ingeon - 2010-04-02

Ayla Wrote:My heart stopped a couple of seconds when Ember started to format the C: drive!
Then I remembered it is April 1st and thought: Damn you crazy Ember devs!!

:mad:... Laugh

- coendeurloo - 2010-04-02

I'm getting this when I try to update ember 1.0 to the latest version:

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Should I uninstall first? Or just have patience? Wink

Edit: nevermind, it is updating now, sorry!

- ingeon - 2010-04-02

except for the new tv show addition so far the new version is...
Slow to start, takes forever to upgrade and it does not clear stuff that`s no longer in the movie/tv folder list when clicking
upgrade library.
I find some movies don`t scrape well, example:

In folder "E:\Movies\Wolf Creek" file "afo-xvid-wc.avi" i manually search for "wolf creek" it brings up under popular titles "Wolf creek 2005" but the details never come up, the scraping bar keeps going and the OK button stays grayed out.

r1105 now problem. Luckily i still have it cause they removed the link on the emm website.

- Nuno - 2010-04-02

ingeon Wrote:except for the new tv show addition so far the new version is...
Slow to start, takes forever to upgrade and it does not clear stuff that`s no longer in the movie/tv folder list when clicking
upgrade library.
I find some movies don`t scrape well, example:

In folder "E:\Movies\Wolf Creek" file "afo-xvid-wc.avi" i manually search for "wolf creek" it brings up under popular titles "Wolf creek 2005" but the details never come up and the OK button stays grayed out.

r1105 now problem. Luckily i still have it cause they removed the link on the emm website.

Have you upgrade from 1105? .. don't.. do a clean install! (also dont use any of the db or setting from old install)
Check for error (error log) and post in tracker if any

- ingeon - 2010-04-02

Nuno Wrote:Have you upgrade from 1105? .. don't.. do a clean install! (also dont use any of the db or setting from old install)
Check for error (error log) and post in tracker if any

Thanks, just need some clarity.
r1105 and previous never installed. Just decompressed it on my media drive root and ran it from there.

The new version installed under windows drive program files (oh and never put anything in start menu).
Does either of them store any information elsewhere that i might need to clean up?

- Nuno - 2010-04-02

ingeon Wrote:Thanks, just need some clarity.
r1105 and previous never installed. Just decompressed it on my media drive root and ran it from there.

The new version installed under windows drive program files (and never put anything in start menu).
Does either of them store any information elsewhere that i might need to clean up?

No.. Ember is self contained in it folder
Setup just get files and put tham in folder.. nothing in register or any other place
Also check permission, issues with UAC and no admin user are know to happen!
Also.. Movie Source now need the "Only one Moive in folder" if that is the case.. Ember will not try to guess anymore!

- FidoFuz - 2010-04-02

mark007 Wrote:With the latest version, I have a TV Show "The Office (UK)" thats acting strangely.

First emm showed that I had no seasons at all. I did an update library and reload, and now the two seasons seem to appear.

My problem now is that EMM says I don't have episode one (2-6 are ok). Again a reload of emm, right click and reload, and an update library don't make this episode appear.

Path to Season 1 Episode 1 that appears as missing is

F:\New Tv Shows\The Office (UK)\Season 1\s01e01.mkv

Let me know if there is any more info I can give and if it can be confirmed, I'll post a bug report.

Not sure what's going on here, but try the following:

1. Right click the Office and choose Remove/Remove from Database
2. Go to the office folder/subfolders and delete all the NFO files
3. Update Library

mark007 Wrote:And one query, how does emm handle tv shows that have something like s01e01-02.mkv. It only seems to list one, and not the other. As many TV Shows have episodes stuck together, example lost season 1 episode 24 and 25.

This was an issue which was fixed 3 days ago, have you updated to the latest version of Ember?

- Zhonn - 2010-04-02

Zhonn Wrote:1. Saw in a prev post that it isn't possible to scan rar files for meta information. Searched the trac for info is you were planning to add such feature, but couldn't find any. So are you planning to add meta scanning on rar files?

Bumping this question

- user321 - 2010-04-02

Firstly, THANK YOU for tv support Big Grin

I'm wondering though - is it right that for TV shows, the widescreen 16:9 image is scraped as poster.jpg? I just scraped 24 and have two files that are the same:
poster.jpg
folder.jpg

Unfortunately I now have the widescreen poster.jpg being displayed (squashed) into the DVD size cover for the default initial view of the tv series.

- user321 - 2010-04-02

Ah. Ok so one way to alter this is to set as followed and re-scrape the "poster":

folder.jpg and poster.jpg are now the dvd style cover. It's a shame that XBMC doesn't seem to differentiate yet - that way we'd have support for both if we switched skins (Aeon65 doesn't seem to use the wide banners in any TV view).

- Beatzeps08 - 2010-04-02

Hi,
I don't get my new Episodes scraped. They are namend like this:

File: Lost - 610.mkv
Folder: Season 6

Can someone help me writing the right RegEx?

- mark007 - 2010-04-02

FidoFuz Wrote:Not sure what's going on here, but try the following:

1. Right click the Office and choose Remove/Remove from Database
2. Go to the office folder/subfolders and delete all the NFO files
3. Update Library

This was an issue which was fixed 3 days ago, have you updated to the latest version of Ember?

Thanks again for the support FidoFuz. My "The Office (UK)" issue seems to be resolved now. But my second issue of for example Lost Season 1, s01e24-25.avi is only detected as episode 24. I have removed from database but episode 25 doesn't appear. Not a big deal but still something I think should be looked at for a future version. I am using version Ember 2002.

So basically the second episode doesn't appear, and XBMC starts to see two episodes with the same name. I wonder is this an xbmc bug or is it just reading incorrect details from the nfo created by emm.

Above, XBMC sees Season 1, with two episode 24's, where as before it would have interpreted it correctly.

- adriank99 - 2010-04-02

wow guys!

lovin' the ember media tv support! you guys did an awesome job!

some bugs im getting:

1. When i scan for new tv show episodes all the flags aren't showing and i gotta hit the refresh meta tags button

2. The display missing episodes option doesnt work for me. I have to re-scrape all my tv shows for it to show up.