Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- >>X<< - 2010-04-06

Maybe its a permissions issue and it cant read the nfo's ?

In any case you should turn on debug and try scanning your movies then post the log maybe someone can help you

- Xbmcik - 2010-04-06

what permissions do I need? I have only one user account with administrator rights.
Here is the debug log file: http://rapidshare.com/files/372724390/xbmc.log.html

- michaelcdf - 2010-04-06

uncertainty Wrote:Hotfix not needed after .22 update

Hello,

It is still not working, I have 2 movies and that it (out of hunderds)
tryied with xp, windows 7 x64,

tv show work fine.

uninstall/reinstall etc... no help

- kri kri - 2010-04-06

How can I add metadata to my offline files?

- nul7 - 2010-04-06

hermy65 Wrote:I may have missed this somewhere or it might just be a dumb question to. I used EMM to scrape all of my movies and tv shows and then added the sources to xbmc and then it started to update. It started scraping the TV shows, and just as a test i had moved like 4series into a seperate folder and had EMM scrape it, when i added it to XBMC it literally took 2-3 hours for them to be added into xbmc. Am i doing something wrong? I thought EMM was supposed to do most of the work so xbmc didnt have to.

Note: All series are in this format Show Name/Season #/Show Name - s##e##.avi

Make sure the file names you selected in settings are actually supported by XBMC.

michaelcdf Wrote:Hello,

It is still not working, I have 2 movies and that it (out of hunderds)
tryied with xp, windows 7 x64,

tv show work fine.

uninstall/reinstall etc... no help

By "uninstall" do you mean you deleted the entire directory? You're not trying to use an old database or anything like that are you? Otherwise, you probably have incorrect settings for your file/folder structure. Post a sample full path to one of the movies that is not found by Ember and we can help you further.

kri kri Wrote:How can I add metadata to my offline files?

Right click and "Edit MetaData" or through the metadata tab on the movie editor (double click or right click and "Edit Movie").

- hermy65 - 2010-04-06

nul7 are you referring to the .tbn, .nfo, .jpg settings? If so, can you tell me what the optimum settings are? Once again, sorry for the beginner questions :/

- nul7 - 2010-04-07

hermy65 Wrote:nul7 are you referring to the .tbn, .nfo, .jpg settings? If so, can you tell me what the optimum settings are? Once again, sorry for the beginner questions :/

folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
season-all.tbn
seasonXX.tbn
and <episode>.tbn

- DuMbGuM - 2010-04-07

Hi guys, big thanks for the TV support, was a nice surprise when I came back to check out Ember for TV shows again.

Just posting also because I noticed it wasn't detecting any episodes for some shows even though I name all my episodes in the same format.

I have no idea why it was doing it but it picked them up when I clicked the drop-down menu; Update Library>TV Shows>Update 'Directory 1' Only .. and has created all the .nfo's now. That was the only option that would work, I tried just clicking 'update library' and re-scraping the shows etc..

Thanks again.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-07

Heres a pastebin of his log.

Might hurt your chances of having a Dev looking at it by using rapidshare

- kri kri - 2010-04-07

nul7 Wrote:Right click and "Edit MetaData" or through the metadata tab on the movie editor (double click or right click and "Edit Movie").
Thanks - is there a proper way to deal with offline media? I have about 500 dvds I would like to import into Ember.

- uncertainty - 2010-04-07

kri kri Wrote:Thanks - is there a proper way to deal with offline media? I have about 500 dvds I would like to import into Ember.

Under Tools-Off Line Media Manager...

- kri kri - 2010-04-07

uncertainty Wrote:Under Tools-Off Line Media Manager...

I know how to add them, but i don't know how to have it scan my DVD in the drive. It would be nice to have a mass import tool also.

- DuMbGuM - 2010-04-07

It's actually still not scraping the first episode for any of the shows that wouldn't scrape before, having to do the .nfo's manually, really weird.

- nul7 - 2010-04-07

kri kri Wrote:I know how to add them, but i don't know how to have it scan my DVD in the drive. It would be nice to have a mass import tool also.

There is one actually started already (been stagnant for a few months)... we may get around to finishing it up for 1.5 or a couple versions after.

- nul7 - 2010-04-07

DuMbGuM Wrote:It's actually still not scraping the first episode for any of the shows that wouldn't scrape before, having to do the .nfo's manually, really weird.

Did you make a new installation or did you attempt to install over your old Ember directory? Upgrading from <1.0 is not supported by any version >1.0.