Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- sphere - 2010-04-08

OK, I think to solve your problems we need a few more replys, perhaps it would be faster and less spamming here when we chat...
Please send me your skype id or googlechat id in a pm, I'll write you and will try to help you Smile

regards
sphere

- nul7 - 2010-04-08

Death-Axe Wrote:No that is not the issue at all, but thanks for responding. what is happening is for example on k-on, there is only one season shown so far. For some reason Its bringing up stuff like season 4 episode 89, and so on in a big list in the seasons section. These do not exist, even on the tv db.

Is it perhaps because my episodes are named bla bla 01 instead of s01e01? my normal shows are named this way but since most anime is only one season I usually just stick to the numbering that release groups use.

There is also the problem of the fact most anime is one season, and putting season folders in is just silly, and of course no eps are scraped.

Also kile xxxholic, there are 2 seasons but season 2 is called xxxholic kai. tried many combos of things but it wont scrape Undecided help me! please Sad

oh and some wont even scrape no matter what I do like haruhi for example...

It would also help if you posted an actual example of a full path to one of the episodes. Saying they are named "bla bla 01" doesn't really help us to help you. lol And before we go any further, be sure you reset the TV Show regex. There have been changes in pretty much every version released. The regex is not reset automatically in case users have customized their own. After resetting the regex, remove the source for the TV Shows and re-add it. This will cause Ember to rescan all the shows with the new regex.

Now, look over the episodes. If they were not detected properly when scanning them in, they will not be scraped properly. You may need to make a custom regex for your setup or manually go through each episode to fix their season/episode number to match what you're trying to do. For the ones that are not scanned in properly, what is the exact path to one of the files? What is Ember detecting it as, and what is the expected output?

- Esky - 2010-04-08

Death-Axe Wrote:No that is not the issue at all, but thanks for responding. what is happening is for example on k-on, there is only one season shown so far. For some reason Its bringing up stuff like season 4 episode 89, and so on in a big list in the seasons section. These do not exist, even on the tv db.

Is it perhaps because my episodes are named bla bla 01 instead of s01e01? my normal shows are named this way but since most anime is only one season I usually just stick to the numbering that release groups use.

There is also the problem of the fact most anime is one season, and putting season folders in is just silly, and of course no eps are scraped.

Also kile xxxholic, there are 2 seasons but season 2 is called xxxholic kai. tried many combos of things but it wont scrape Undecided help me! please Sad

oh and some wont even scrape no matter what I do like haruhi for example...

The easiest way to ensure a successful scrape is to ensure that your files are named exactly the same as they appear in TheTVDB.com (they don't need to be case sensetive) so for example:

k-on! s01e01.avi (there are actually 2 seasons for this program now in thetvdb) or you could have k-on! s01e01 - Abolished Club!.avi

xxxholic s01e01.avi (There are actually 3 seasons listed in thetvdb) again, you could include the episode name if you wish

xxxholic s02e01.avi or xxxholic kei s01e01 (xxxholic kei seems to be a duplication of xxxholic season 2 - although some of the episode names are slightly different)

And finally, there is no series called haruhi on thetvdb, hence no scraping!

Hope this helps

Ps. I did a quick test with the episode names above, and they scraped fine Smile

- nul7 - 2010-04-09

Wanted to post a little sneak peak of what's coming in the next release. Aside from the usual tweaks/fixes, we are also including the XML scraper module (to use the same XML scrapers that XBMC uses), an improved XBMC communications module (that will automatically update XBMC's database for changes made to movies), and an improved Addons Downloader (that will allow users to manage their own addons, uninstall addons, and track installed addons). We will begin beta testing tomorrow, and have a planned release date of April 16th.

- shankster - 2010-04-09

nul7 Wrote:Wanted to post a little sneak peak of what's coming in the next release. Aside from the usual tweaks/fixes, we are also including the XML scraper module (to use the same XML scrapers that XBMC uses), an improved XBMC communications module (that will automatically update XBMC's database for changes made to movies), and an improved Addons Downloader (that will allow users to manage their own addons, uninstall addons, and track installed addons). We will begin beta testing tomorrow, and have a planned release date of April 16th.

Sounds Sick Nod

- havix - 2010-04-09

The new features sounds like a much larger jump than ".1". You guys are coding like crazy!

- ksyme99 - 2010-04-09

I just got the latest SVN version - do I need to delete my old .emmm database file? I seem to be getting loads of errors every time it is populating the movie list and the notifications thing goes crazy.

Quote:================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x64
Ember Application (Revision: 2113)
Ember API (Revision: 2112)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 2112)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 2113)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 0)
Renamer (Revision: 2112)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 2105)
Media File Manager (Revision: 2105)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 2105)
Notifications (Revision: 1987)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 2105)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 2108)

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.MovieScraperEvent(MovieScraperEventType eType, Object Parameter)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwMovieScraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 09/04/2010 20:59:48
===========================================================================================

Whole lot very similar to that. Basically makes the program inusable as it slows to a halt when all the errors are occuring.

- Nuno - 2010-04-09

ksyme99 Wrote:I just got the latest SVN version - do I need to delete my old .emmm database file? I seem to be getting loads of errors every time it is populating the movie list and the notifications thing goes crazy.

Whole lot very similar to that. Basically makes the program inusable as it slows to a halt when all the errors are occuring.

Yes you need to delete it.. only when ember upgrade the regular way db get upgraded

- ksyme99 - 2010-04-09

Nuno Wrote:Yes you need to delete it.. only when ember upgrade the regular way db get upgraded
Cheers - did that and it works perfectly now! Going to re-add all my TV and see how it handles it

- Chrilleee - 2010-04-09

I really like this program and it works very fine with my movies!

But when I recently tried to use it with my TV-series I get no luck at all!
How much change the names in the series it just wont show up :S

This is how it looks for me:
Y:\Media\TV_720p (This is the folder I add)
-\Lost
--\Season_03 (Doesn't matter if I have "Season_03, Season 03, Season 3, S03, S3)
---\Lost.S05E01...
----\rar-archives

Y:\Media\TV_720p
-\Lost Season 01 (Doesn't matter here either)
---\Lost.S05E01...
----\rar-archives

And I've tried with MANY different shows!

- SHen350 - 2010-04-10

Chrilleee Wrote:I really like this program and it works very fine with my movies!

-\Lost
--\Season_03 (Doesn't matter if I have "Season_03, Season 03, Season 3, S03, S3)
---\Lost.S05E01...
----\rar-archives

---\Lost.S05E01...
----\rar-archives

Well, I use a file system like this,

Y:/TV Shows/Lost/ Lost Season 1/Lost S01E01

That seems to work fine. It scrapes everything and adds it in. If you read further back on this thread, there might be some setting that might need tweaked.

- nul7 - 2010-04-10

Chrilleee Wrote:I really like this program and it works very fine with my movies!

-\Lost
---\Lost.S05E01...
----\rar-archives

---\Lost.S05E01...
----\rar-archives

If move the video files into the season directory, it would work. We'll be making some changes in upcoming releases that will support your current structure.

- TheShortOfIt - 2010-04-10

When does automatic TV Renaming (like Movies) come? I thought it was 1.5?

- nul7 - 2010-04-10

TheShortOfIt Wrote:When does automatic TV Renaming (like Movies) come? I thought it was 1.5?

Actually, we've decided to break up the 1.5 workload into smaller updates. We're going to try to level TV support with Movies in 1.3 (renaming, automatic scrapers, etc).

- olympia - 2010-04-10

TheShortOfIt Wrote:When does automatic TV Renaming (like Movies) come? I thought it was 1.5?

Still targeted to 1.5 which currently scheduled for 05.17.2010.
Next version will be 1.2.

But please consider these as planned dates. No guarrantee as it depens on many things.