Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- JustinAiken - 2010-08-10

If you have somemovie.cd1.avi and somemovie.cd2.avi, it will save it as somemovie.cd1.nfo instead of somemovie.nfo, which drives me crazy!

So much neater to just have the video files, and a movie.nfo, movie.tbn, and fanart.jpg in each folder...

- gregor - 2010-08-10

olympia Wrote:http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki/Addons_Manager

Excellent, thank you.
I thought I need xbmc forum password, but now I can login.

- AnalogKid - 2010-08-10

clock2113 Wrote:If you have somemovie.cd1.avi and somemovie.cd2.avi, it will save it as somemovie.cd1.nfo instead of somemovie.nfo, which drives me crazy!

So much neater to just have the video files, and a movie.nfo, movie.tbn, and fanart.jpg in each folder...

It drives me crazy too...

I COULD resort to movie.nfo instead of <movie>.nfo, but this will then force subfolders for movies. It's not a huge deal, just that EMM has adopted the wrong policy on the NFO naming.
There are a couple of more obscure reasons not to use a generic movie.nfo too.

The 'CD1/CD2' stacking should be an abstraction... it's irrelevant to everything except file splitting. The movie still has one name and that's what EMM should be using.
It's not a huge deal I just wondered if there was some obscure setting I was missing to fix it.

- JustinAiken - 2010-08-10

Ah, I much prefer each movie in their own folder for many reasons...

-More tidy
-Easy to add extra things about movie (booklet scans or such)
-Splits better on an Unraid server

- gabbott - 2010-08-10

clock2113 Wrote:Ah, I much prefer each movie in their own folder for many reasons...

-More tidy

Oh, understood, I also use 1 movie per folder (and an unraid server), but my .nfo files are named <movie.nfo> instead of movie.nfo and works fine.

Sounds like you were more referring to putting movies into separate folders.

Anyway, getting off-track here.. sorry.

Time format - JDizzy - 2010-08-10

Is there an automated way using EMM to change the time format for movie time in meta data?

All my movies are showing up as 1 or 2 minutes!

- Talle - 2010-08-10

Since my post fell back with another discussion I wonder if anyone have experienced this?

Hi.

I might do this wrong and post this in the wrong place but I have an Issue.

I use Ember as media Scraper but in the new version (XBMC 10.5 Dharma) it seems that when updating the library XBMC does NOT check wich genres I would like to have or more importantly NOT have...

I have sorted my library so all childrens movies are in the Family genre and no where else, this makes it easy for my kids to find them and also keep them out of the way for everything else.

But when I re-installed xbmc with Dharma and updated the library XBMC seem to use the new internal standard scraper (TheMovieDB) and doing this it changes the name of some movies, adding and/or deleting genres, it seems to me that the only thing used are the local Posters, Fanart and trailers, maybe even the media icons and maybe the plot.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix?

Sincerly

//Talle

- JustinAiken - 2010-08-11

JDizzy Wrote:Is there an automated way using EMM to change the time format for movie time in meta data?

All my movies are showing up as 1 or 2 minutes!

First make sure it's set to "<m>" for duration format, I use that as runtime too.

Then under Scrape Media, go to custom scraper...

Choose all movies, meta and nfo only, and uncheck everything except for runtime and duration (might as well leave rating, votes, and top250 checked too, to stay up to date)... go!

- RockDawg - 2010-08-11

olympia Wrote:I don't know. As it was mentioned before, Nuno is working on the project alone at the moment, but since it's on the roadmap for 2.0, there is hope.

I never thought to look check the EMM site for a roadmap. My bad!

Anyhow, I noticed Nuno posted the following response to the feature request:

Quote:With XBMC controller addon, Ember don't even need to access xbmc database to update info!

I'm not sure I understand why he says that. In my experience, using the XBMC controller module with a mySQL db does not allow real-time syncronization. It will perform an update library, but that is all.

- olympia - 2010-08-11

RockDawg Wrote:I never thought to look check the EMM site for a roadmap. My bad!

Anyhow, I noticed Nuno posted the following response to the feature request:

I'm not sure I understand why he says that. In my experience, using the XBMC controller module with a mySQL db does not allow real-time syncronization. It will perform an update library, but that is all.

He meant that Ember is not writing directly to XBMC's database but using API commands to update the movies in it. So to have a solution which is writing directly to any database (whether it is XBMC or mySQL) is a completely different implementation.

- llwmuerte - 2010-08-11

Casanova_32210 Wrote:Yes you can do this with XBMC. Just press (i)info on your keyboard when you have the movie or show you want to flag as watched highlight and select watched.

clock2113 Wrote:Or just press "w" to mark it as watched instead of going through the menu..

Thank you guys Smile

- sufreak - 2010-08-11

I wanted to say thanks for a great tool! I've been searching for a tool to manage my movie sets, and this does it perfectly. (you should make it a standalone!)

I had 2 questions (which I have searched for), that I was hoping you could answer.

1. All my movies are arranged MOVIE NAME (YEAR)\Movie Name (year). For some reason, movie will still scan in with different versions or years. Are my settings wrong somewhere? What causes this? Other scanners seem to be ok.

2. Is there a way to choose a scraper, specifically, TheMovieDB? For many things, such as workout DVDs, and less mainstream movies, I've found this to be more accurate.

Please keep up the excellent work! This is a great tool!

- AnalogKid - 2010-08-11

clock2113 Wrote:Ah, I much prefer each movie in their own folder for many reasons...

-More tidy

The issue wasn't about folder based movies, but about a minor glitch / issue with the way <movie>.nfo is named when used with a stacked movie.

EMM chooses to use <movie-CD1>.nfo and not <movie>.nfo (which is the standard way to name the nfo).

this can be worked around by using movie.nfo instead of <movie>.nfo, but then you HAVE to use folders.

It would be easier if EMM made a small change or option to handle <movie>.nfo in the standard way.

- SofaKng - 2010-08-11

How often do most of you guys run EMM?

I'd love a file-watcher feature (like my previous metadata application, MetaBrowser) because I often forget to run EMM after I rip a movie, etc.

Running Ember under Linux using Mono - t2ffn - 2010-08-11

I've recently flattened my laptop, and installed a clean install of Linux Lucid 10.4 which is great, very fast etc, but i am new to linux.

I am trying to use a media scraper as my TV shows never get scraped properly using XBMC on my Revo Live. If I dont scrape them first, XBMC often does not recognise new episodes have been added.

I've tried using Wine to run Ember but cannot get it to install.

I followed this guide and successfully installed Ember:
http://www.embermm.com/boards/2/topics/837

It launched, so I went through set up etc, but I cannot get it to restart!!? If i use
PHP Code:
sudo mono "Ember Media Manager.exe" 
I get back
PHP Code:
The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/1.0/mscorlib.dll' directory. 

It is installed in mono/2.0 but how do I tell it to look there??

What command should I use to get Ember to restart? How can I add it to the application menu for future use?

Any help appreciated, driving me mad!

Thanks