Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Radikaltimes - 2010-08-15

Death-Axe Wrote:ok something seriously buggered up here..... I opened ember today, all my sources are gone from the options, no movies or shows on the listings.... and it wont let me add any either. The ok button is grayed out. What the heck happened here?

Same problem here .. no idea how to fix it ..grrrrr

- Vandaahl - 2010-08-15

Is there a problem with the themoviedb scraper?

It seems i dont get all the posters when scraping, and some posters fail to download after selecting them with EMM.

- Taxi Driver: themoviedb contains three 1000x1500 covers and EMM only returns 1.
- Mimic: EMM shows 1 poster which doesnt download after selecting

- Nuno - 2010-08-16

Radikaltimes Wrote:Same problem here .. no idea how to fix it ..grrrrr

The symptoms seems like permissions issue.

- bwqbbq - 2010-08-16

I really want to use this but I'm very disappointed that after all these months (last time I checked was like 3-4 months ago) it still doesn't have multi-CD support. Is it possible to implement a scanning method that will just scan the topmost folders of a directory? Or to at least ignore Sample/Subs/CD1/CD2/CD3 etc. folders when scanning recursively? I know this should be very easy to implement but it would really be of great help to me (and I'm sure lots of other people that collect scene releases and keep their movies in the original format it was released in) since EmberMM really is the only MM that I want to use.

- grumbler - 2010-08-16

Hi Smile
There are some XBMC-Skins (for example "Transparency" or "Night") that have the feature to cycle thru multiple backgroung fanart pictures if you are looking at a movie or a TV-Series in your Library.
They use all fanart that is stored in a folder called "extrafanart" below the movie or series folder, for example "c:\movies\The Matrix\extrafanart"
I don't know if this is some XBMC standard, but it seems to be used generally.

EMM has already the ability to scrape multiple fanarts for a movie, but unfortunately he stores them together with any generated thumbnails into the folder "extrathumbs".

Would it be possible to make to folder the scraped fanart is stored to configurable? So that I can continue to store generated screencaptures in "extrathumbs" but additionaly scraped background fanart is stored in "extrafanart"?

- Radikaltimes - 2010-08-16

Nuno Wrote:The symptoms seems like permissions issue.

the program was working correctly just days ago .. i check and its running as administrator .. any other ideas??

- cherzo - 2010-08-16

Just wanted to say thanks for this program. It's great and makes sorting out my tv and movies easy. cheers :-)

- isamu.dragon - 2010-08-17

grumbler Wrote:Hi Smile
There are some XBMC-Skins (for example "Transparency" or "Night") that have the feature to cycle thru multiple backgroung fanart pictures if you are looking at a movie or a TV-Series in your Library.
They use all fanart that is stored in a folder called "extrafanart" below the movie or series folder, for example "c:\movies\The Matrix\extrafanart"

EMM has already the ability to scrape multiple fanarts for a movie, but unfortunately he stores them together with any generated thumbnails into the folder "extrathumbs".

Would it be possible to make to folder the scraped fanart is stored to configurable? So that I can continue to store generated screencaptures in "extrathumbs" but additionaly scraped background fanart is stored in "extrafanart"?

I'd Second this idea

- kri kri - 2010-08-17

isamu.dragon Wrote:I'd Second this idea
Umm that will be 3rd I already posted about it weeks ago Cool

- Vandaahl - 2010-08-17

Vandaahl Wrote:Is there a problem with the themoviedb scraper?

It seems i dont get all the posters when scraping, and some posters fail to download after selecting them with EMM.

- Taxi Driver: themoviedb contains three 1000x1500 covers and EMM only returns 1.
- Mimic: EMM shows 1 poster which doesnt download after selecting

So anyone else having problems with EMM's scraper? Another example would be Shrek, lots of covers(themoviedb) which dont get scraped.

- grumbler - 2010-08-17

kri kri Wrote:Umm that will be 3rd I already posted about it weeks ago Cool

Is there already an issue opened on the emm-page about this?
If not, would it make sense to open one?

- Nuno - 2010-08-17

grumbler Wrote:Hi Smile

Open a feature request so we don't forget this

- kahmeal - 2010-08-17

clock2113 Wrote:Still having issues with the whole nfo file killing new episodes...

The tvshow.nfo now has the correct key:

<episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/79216/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>

However, my Debug Log fails to find the following files, like so:

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://xxx:xxx@xxx/video/tv/it crowd, the/season 04/it.crowd.s04e01.avi (s4e1) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[][._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$]

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://xxx:xxx@xxx/Video/TV/IT Crowd, The/Season 04/it.crowd.s04e01.avi'

ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://xxx:xxx@xxx/Video/TV/IT Crowd, The/Season 04/it.crowd.s04e01.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place

Is this because EMM saves it as episodeguideurl, and XBMC is looking for episodeguide?

Bumping this issue since I haven't seen it addressed at all. I am also having this problem and would love to see it resolved. Anyone have more information on the subject/found a solution?

Ember Media Manager - Profiles? - BinaryMonkey - 2010-08-17

are there profiles so I can change from my computers media to say my XBMC machines ?

- JustinAiken - 2010-08-17

I've just given up for the moment on using EMM for TV... deleted all my tvshow.nfo's, just letting XBMC scrape it all...

Not exporting from XBMC either, because the old tvshow.nfo's I'd generated from that also don't work with the new version.