Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- olympia - 2010-10-08

myrison Wrote:I can confirm the workaround works fine for me. You can also limit cast scraping to only those with pictures after you turn on 'scrape full cast' which keeps the number manageable and still gets you all of the movie details. Thanks Olympia!

If you want further and/or other limitation for the number of actors you can enter a numeric value on the left side of the screen in the "limit:" field below the actors. For example I set all actors to be scraped (also without photos), but limited the number to 20.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-08

myrison Wrote:I can confirm the workaround works fine for me. You can also limit cast scraping to only those with pictures after you turn on 'scrape full cast' which keeps the number manageable and still gets you all of the movie details. Thanks Olympia!

if you limit the cast to those with pictures and also tick 'full scrape cast' then you won't get the right order of the cast and most of them (all without a picture) are not scraped.

You can even loose main actors (without pictures).

Another workaround:
*Tick 'scrape full cast'
*untick 'scrape only cast with pictures'
*after scraping manually delete from any pont all the actors..
(for example after the 5th-actor everything get deleted..)
*This will give you the correct order of the main roles, as tagged in imdb.

I know that this way is annoying, but at least you will have your media tagged in the same way as before.

Greetz,
Ubuntuf4n

- olympia - 2010-10-08

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Another workaround:

lol, isn't it easier and nicer to automate this in the way I mentioned in my post just before yours?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-08

olympia Wrote:If you want further and/or other limitation for the number of actors you can enter a numeric value on the left side of the screen in the "limit:" field below the actors. For example I set all actors to be scraped (also without photos), but limited the number to 20.

where can I find this (numeric) limitation..? Huh

- olympia - 2010-10-08

ubuntuf4n Wrote:where can I find this (numeric) limitation..? Huh

You got a pointer - I told you the secret already. It wasn't encrypted.

At some point in your life you will need to learn and figure things out in your own. Not sure though what could expect from someone who was not able to find the genre filter... Rolleyes

- MrDVD - 2010-10-08

ubuntuf4n Wrote:where can I find this (numeric) limitation..? Huh

ubuntuf4n, its not that hard to find Smile

- myrison - 2010-10-08

Thanks for the clarification Olympia. By the way, what's the genre filter? Rolleyes

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-08

olympia Wrote:....At some point in your life you will need to learn and figure things out in your own. Not sure though what could expect from someone who was not able to find the genre filter... Rolleyes

I'll keep that in mind, but nobody is perfect.. Smile
MrDVD Wrote:ubuntuf4n, its not that hard to find Smile

Many Thanks MrDVD,

I'd totally overlooked it. Big Grin

- PatK - 2010-10-08

Lafaso870 Wrote:I'm kinda new on xbmc, i used to play a little with media brower but due to the heavy engine of that thing i came to xbmc (on PC), and i'm using Ember Media Manager to update my movies/tv shows info for proper xbmc recognizing. But even if i update a movie (for exemple) in Ember the xbmc are not updantig the info on Movies section. I have tried to mantain the Automatic Update Libraries option turned on e off and tried to Update Libraries manualy buts movies just keep the same. Even if i delete and movie for my hard drive xbmc keep showing it on the library. Am i missing something. In time, its Ember the best Metadata retreiver for xbmc (Except for metabrower 2.0 that is paid)?

I've got just about the same background, coming from MB and a beta of metabrowser. I find XBMC a lot lighter, more responsive etc... I just starting using Ember and it's been really nice, but there is a few quirks between the two. When I get a new video... I load up Ember First, create the .nfo and choose the backgrounds and icons; then when I start XBMC it finds them. Older films that I've re-scaped with Ember get their .nfo's etc replaced and with XBMC it seems I have to do a re-scan of the film... but with one difference, when it finds the .nfo I get a requester to either 'Go to the Internet' or 'No'.... if I choose 'No' it pulls in the new locally stored data almost instantly.

I have a temp folder for new movies, it's properly scanned with Ember and then XBMC, after I've determined the correct genre, I'll shuffle it towards it's finally destination a few days later with a windows 'move'. Next time I start XBMC, the moved movie is seen in the correct area..

- The_Dogg - 2010-10-08

XBMC library is stored in a local DB, so once your movie has been added to the library it will stay in there until you refresh it (if you change anything in the NFO file and want it to be reflected in xbmc, you have to refresh the movie in xbmc)

If you deleted a movie from your hdd, you have 2 options, you can remove the movie manually from the xbmc library, or use the Clean Library option (in settings).

Update library will scan for new content.

the way you are currently expecting it to work is that the library would read from the NFO files all the time, which XBMC doesn't do.

I hope this answer your questions

- Smenus - 2010-10-08

Awesome, thanks olympia. I've done as suggested, and now I'm getting info for all fields.

Just in case someone messed about with the settings as I did, but there's a checkbox on the next settings page that also controls Full Cast Scraping.
Obviously that one also needs to be on.

- boxterduke - 2010-10-09

Is anyone having issues, getting plots and actors right now?

I just tried scrapping two movies and I don't get plot or actors info. Was working fine a couple days ago.

Running version 1.2 revision 2385, I tried to update but it said that there are no updates.

Thanks for the help.

- gabbott - 2010-10-09

boxterduke Wrote:Is anyone having issues, getting plots and actors right now?

I just tried scrapping two movies and I don't get plot or actors info. Was working fine a couple days ago.

Running version 1.2 revision 2385, I tried to update but it said that there are no updates.

Thanks for the help.

Read about the last 15 posts... this has been discussed.

- myrison - 2010-10-09

boxterduke Wrote:Is anyone having issues, getting plots and actors right now?

Thanks for the help.

Dude, seriously... you didn't even have to hit search to find this one... it's the post immediately above yours, and the one before, and the one before that...

- boxterduke - 2010-10-09

gabbott Wrote:Read about the last 15 posts... this has been discussed.
myrison Wrote:Dude, seriously... you didn't even have to hit search to find this one... it's the post immediately above yours, and the one before, and the one before that...
opps sorry guys, I had just gotten home and was scrapping a movie and they were calling for dinner, so I just hopped on the forum and asked.
Thanks for the solution. Smile