Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- steve1977 - 2009-05-29

And another one from my side:

So far, EMM used to scrabe artwork of multi-part movies as "movie-fanart.jpg", but now has changed to "movie_cd1-fanart.jpg".

Is this intended? One additional complication: it still shows the tickmark that the artwork exists, but it doesnt display it anymore.

- blaize - 2009-05-29

About the update function; how does it work ?
will it fully add movies who are not yet added to XBMC but only scraped with Ember ?
i just gather all the info i need for the movie using Ember, turn on XBMC and press update? and then the movie will appear in the Movies section (library mode) ?

- nul7 - 2009-05-29

pmontanari Wrote:Sorry to insist.... but why do you say it was a bug to have the leading "tt" as it seems to be specification of the XBMC nfo file (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library#Video_nfo_Files) ?

Otherwise, is it possible to have it as an option ? Thanks.

Interesting. If you look at the actual scraper .xmls the "tt" is already in all the urls to imdb.com. Also, the IMDB scraper is the only one that returns the id with the "tt" prefix. The rest of the scrapers that return an id return it without the "tt". Based on that and the wiki link you posted, I'm guessing it doesn't matter whether the "tt" is there or not. Why is it so important for it to be there for you? I can always add it back if there's some reason for it to be there. lol

Beatzeps08 Wrote:Nice changes.
BUT^^, the OFdb scraper doesn't load the german informations while the "automatic update".

Hmmm..... working for me. The only case where I see that it doesn't download ofdb info is when the movie doesn't exists on ofdb. Just to be sure, you have one or all of the "Use OFDB <item>" items selected in settings, right? If so, can you give me an example of a movie that does not download the info from ofdb?

steve1977 Wrote:Facing a bug here. Anyone else with the same problem?

I am using "update media->movie missing->ask" to scrape new movies. Unfortunately, it only appears to be scraping. Neither poster nor artwork are scraped. Also the NFO appars to have scraped, but the NFO is empty except the media flags. If I later "rescrape " the movie manually, everything works fine.

Thanks a lot!!!

steve1977 Wrote:And another one from my side:

So far, EMM used to scrabe artwork of multi-part movies as "movie-fanart.jpg", but now has changed to "movie_cd1-fanart.jpg".

Is this intended? One additional complication: it still shows the tickmark that the artwork exists, but it doesnt display it anymore.

It sounds to me like you either don't have the proper options selected in the file types section, you don't have any of the image servers selected, or you're not filtering the movie titles properly and it's not finding any results when scraping automatically. If none of those match your situation, then we'll need to dig a little deeper to find what is causing the bug. If you're using the x86 version, then I messed that up and it's actually r181 and has a bug that will not load fanart if the movie is multi-part and you have <movie>-fanart.jpg selected in settings. It should save it, though.

And yes, it is intentional to leave the stacking markers on the filenames now in order to accommodate single movies with filenames that contain "DVD9" or "CDD". According to the wiki, as long as the filename matches the first item in the multi-part set, it will work for XBMC.

blaize Wrote:About the update function; how does it work ?
will it fully add movies who are not yet added to XBMC but only scraped with Ember ?
i just gather all the info i need for the movie using Ember, turn on XBMC and press update? and then the movie will appear in the Movies section (library mode) ?

It simply initiates the XBMC update library function as if you had done the same from inside XBMC. It doesn't interface with the XBMC database or anything like that. So yes, XBMC will only add the new movies and they will appear in the library. Hope that makes sense.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-29

nul7 Wrote:It simply initiates the XBMC update library function as if you had done the same from inside XBMC. It doesn't interface with the XBMC database or anything like that. So yes, XBMC will only add the new movies and they will appear in the library. Hope that makes sense.

Note that XBMC will only add the movie if it exists in a directory that has its content set to Movies... Ember is just using the HTTP API which is exactly the same as if you go to your XBMC and click "Update Library".

- clackerdacker - 2009-05-30

Latest build shows VIDEO_TS and not film name in list for DVD rips

- steve1977 - 2009-05-30

nul7 Wrote:It sounds to me like you either don't have the proper options selected in the file types section, you don't have any of the image servers selected, or you're not filtering the movie titles properly and it's not finding any results when scraping automatically. If none of those match your situation, then we'll need to dig a little deeper to find what is causing the bug.

Dont think the ticks are set wrong. It scrapes perfectly when I scrape an individual movie. Just when I scrape through "update-missing-ask", it scrapes, but doesnt save properly. I need to select, it also takes a while to scrape, so apparently it is accessing imdb, but in the end movie name, actors, etc are not saved within the NFO (the only thing saved are the media flags). This has worked in prior releases, so I believe there might be something in R183 for X86 (which shows R181 on splash screen).

nul7 Wrote:If you're using the x86 version, then I messed that up and it's actually r181 and has a bug that will not load fanart if the movie is multi-part and you have <movie>-fanart.jpg selected in settings. It should save it, though.

Mmh, my bug is a little different. multi-part fanart is displayed as long as it is in the "movie_cd1-fanart" format. Those saved as "movie-fanart" (multipart movies) dont display. However, they are displayed properly in XBMC. Also, I believe that EMM used to scrape multipart fanart as "movie-fanart" and NOT as "movie_cd1-fanart".

- nul7 - 2009-05-30

clackerdacker Wrote:Latest build shows VIDEO_TS and not film name in list for DVD rips

Yeah, I noticed and fixed that yesterday. It's in the SVN. Wink

steve1977 Wrote:Dont think the ticks are set wrong. It scrapes perfectly when I scrape an individual movie. Just when I scrape through "update-missing-ask", it scrapes, but doesnt save properly. I need to select, it also takes a while to scrape, so apparently it is accessing imdb, but in the end movie name, actors, etc are not saved within the NFO (the only thing saved are the media flags). This has worked in prior releases, so I believe there might be something in R183 for X86 (which shows R181 on splash screen).

Hmmm... Is it only that updater or do none of the updaters work for you?

steve1977 Wrote:Mmh, my bug is a little different. multi-part fanart is displayed as long as it is in the "movie_cd1-fanart" format. Those saved as "movie-fanart" (multipart movies) dont display. However, they are displayed properly in XBMC. Also, I believe that EMM used to scrape multipart fanart as "movie-fanart" and NOT as "movie_cd1-fanart".

It did use to save files without the stacking markers, but in order to work around the problem of having a single file with DVD9 or CDD in the filename, I had to change it to include the stacking markers. They will still work in XBMC, so it's not a worry.

Once you get back on google chat, I'll send you an updated version to see if the problems still persist.

- Livin - 2009-05-30

nul7,
I've had some issues with a few movies. Not sure why.

try "They Call Me Bruce?" - it is in IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084786/) but EMM is not pulling the poster?

- nul7 - 2009-05-30

Livin Wrote:nul7,
I've had some issues with a few movies. Not sure why.

try "They Call Me Bruce?" - it is in IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084786/) but EMM is not pulling the poster?

Because there are no posters for it. lol

EDIT: At least not on IMPA, TMDB, or MPDB

- bnb - 2009-05-30

Quote: Originally Posted by steve1977 View Post
Dont think the ticks are set wrong. It scrapes perfectly when I scrape an individual movie. Just when I scrape through "update-missing-ask", it scrapes, but doesnt save properly. I need to select, it also takes a while to scrape, so apparently it is accessing imdb, but in the end movie name, actors, etc are not saved within the NFO (the only thing saved are the media flags). This has worked in prior releases, so I believe there might be something in R183 for X86 (which shows R181 on splash screen).

I am trying your program for the first time and am having this same issue.

- nul7 - 2009-05-30

bnb Wrote:I am trying your program for the first time and am having this same issue.

We're working on it now. Hopefully we can figure out why it's not working for you guys.

- Livin - 2009-05-30

nul7 Wrote:Because there are no posters for it. lol

EDIT: At least not on IMPA, TMDB, or MPDB

IMDB has several posters. Check the link I posted. Does EMM not use IMDB?

- nul7 - 2009-05-30

Livin Wrote:IMDB has several posters. Check the link I posted. Does EMM not use IMDB?

No it doesn't get posters from IMDB because 99.9% of the time, they are crap. lol Besides, the posters you're seeing are part of the photos section.... which could be anything, including pictures of the actors at the premiere and on set.... so it's not a good idea to scrape those. In the posters section it shows posters on other sites, but none that are used by EMM (or any other scraper that I know of. lol)

- rernst - 2009-05-30

Livin Wrote:IMDB has several posters. Check the link I posted. Does EMM not use IMDB?

IMPA has the best posters but there is no legit search engine except for leechers (I have come up with my own search engine for my code at 24hourloop which hands back XML results, btw, to avoid ripping IMPA off or make Google lock you out).

Themoviedb.org has very good posters but they intentionally do not allow for direct access but you have to scrape them, at least for actors.

IMDB is useless. The idea there is that they would like to redirect you to the poster vendors, a legitimate economic consideration but not feasible for a scraper.

- nul7 - 2009-05-30

rernst Wrote:IMPA has the best posters but there is no legit search engine except for leechers (I have come up with my own search engine for my code at 24hourloop which hands back XML results, btw, to avoid ripping IMPA off or make Google lock you out).

Themoviedb.org has very good posters but they intentionally do not allow for direct access but you have to scrape them, at least for actors.

IMDB is useless. The idea there is that they would like to redirect you to the poster vendors, a legitimate economic consideration but not feasible for a scraper.

If IMPA has posters for a movie, there is a link from the IMDB page. What I do is scrape the IMDB posters page looking for an IMPA link. If found, scrape that link.

TMDB has an API to get the movie info, posters, and fanart.