Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Orbi - 2010-11-24

boombastic Wrote:About making new XBMC scraper working i read the latest pages of this thread and understood that i should uncheck "Full Cast" option or something like that to make them work. But my problem is that even if a copied the entire folder "metadata.mymovies.it" to modules/scraper.EmberCore.XML subfolder of Ember the "populate" button doesn't work. No other scraper is shown except nfo scraper.
Did i copy the right folder?I 'm on Windows xp and i took it from "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Dati applicazioni\XBMC\addons" folder.

Thanks for your help.

You're mixing the 2 kind of scrapers that exist:
- XBMC has the ability to scrape your media for you and saves the posters, fanart and metadata directly in the XBMC database called video34.db. With the introduction of Dharma, scrapers became addons.

- Ember Media Manager is an external scraper, meaning it gives the user the choice of what and how to scrape. The difference with XBMC scrapers (though they use the same sources) is that all the posters, fanart, trailers, extrathumbs and nfo's (containing the movie information) are saved together with the files.

You can change the scraper to use in Ember but I think you have to do it as an extension and not copy/paste from the XBMC addon folder.

About the full cast option: that is a workaround in Ember that makes it scrape using IMDB's old layout. IMDB recently modified its website structure and Ember has not been reprogrammed to take this into account. You need to turn on full cast in Ember if you want it to work with IMDB. The full cast option has nothing to do with XBMC.

- boombastic - 2010-11-24

Orbi Wrote:You're mixing the 2 kind of scrapers that exist:
- XBMC has the ability to scrape your media for you and saves the posters, fanart and metadata directly in the XBMC database called video34.db. With the introduction of Dharma, scrapers became addons.

- Ember Media Manager is an external scraper, meaning it gives the user the choice of what and how to scrape. The difference with XBMC scrapers (though they use the same sources) is that all the posters, fanart, trailers, extrathumbs and nfo's (containing the movie information) are saved together with the files.

You can change the scraper to use in Ember but I think you have to do it as an extension and not copy/paste from the XBMC addon folder.

About the full cast option: that is a workaround in Ember that makes it scrape using IMDB's old layout. IMDB recently modified its website structure and Ember has not been reprogrammed to take this into account. You need to turn on full cast in Ember if you want it to work with IMDB. The full cast option has nothing to do with XBMC.

Thanks for your help.
I do know that Ember is an external program,other than XBMC.
I'd like to use mymovies.it XBMC scraper within Ember as i'm from Italy and Ember default scraper import info only in English.
With older version of xbmc scrapers you could do that, following the instructions found in Ember wiki. With the new ones that instructions doesn't work for me, the populate button doesn't work.
I read in this thread that someone managed to make them work but i cannot find the exact way described.
Can someone explain it?

- olympia - 2010-11-24

boombastic Wrote:Thanks for your help.
I do know that Ember is an external program,other than XBMC.
I'd like to use mymovies.it XBMC scraper within Ember as i'm from Italy and Ember default scraper import info only in English.
With older version of xbmc scrapers you could do that, following the instructions found in Ember wiki. With the new ones that instructions doesn't work for me, the populate button doesn't work.
I read in this thread that someone managed to make them work but i cannot find the exact way described.
Can someone explain it?

No, this is not possible without converting back the scraper addon to the older format.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-25

Odd request:

I was messing around and overwrote on of my drives with 50 or so movies. Ember has scrape them before is there a way or sometype of file history in Ember that I can open up to help track down what those Movies were?

- soxism - 2010-11-25

Wondering if someone can help me..

I have Bleach ordered as Absolute, S01Exxx

If anyone doesn't know, like most Anime, Bleach is divided into "chapters" these chapters on thetvdb.com are "seasons".

So my Question is: can i keep the absolute ordering of the Episodes eg E217 but be able to divide them into the chapters/seasons? S09E217

Or do i just have to use the S01E01 ..S02E01

- RogueDazza - 2010-11-25

For those who are interested, I have uploaded a scraper module that is based on the original scraper but that works with the new IMDB site changes (without the Full Cast work-around). It should also work for scraping only specific types of information (Data only, etc.)
I have also tweaked the single-scraper code to improve the performance.

Look for it in the Download Add-Ons -> Modules section of Ember - should be easy to spot :-)

Let me know if there are any issues with it and I will try to solve them.

- JustinAiken - 2010-11-25

Thanks so much RogueDazza, can't wait to try that when I get home from Thanksgiving dinner today...

- pettakos - 2010-11-25

Is this the only media manager tool that works with xbmc?
What I mean is, can you actually use some other program like media browser, or perhaps, tell xbmc to download all relevant movie material from some source (which one, btw?).
Sorry for my ignorance, but I am fed up with trying to scrape all my movies using ember one by one (750 approximately, in total).
Actually, what I have noticed is, without doing anything when added videos to my xbmc library, posters were added automatically or downloaded, but not fanart or sth else.
Has that sth tro do with mymovies runnung in the backgraoundd?
Could you plese help me ?

- bobrap - 2010-11-25

Thanks for the upload, but, I must be blind or looking out the wrong window.Huh I can't seem to find any new scraper. What should I be looking for? Thanks again.

- bobrap - 2010-11-25

Sorry 2x post

- bencorn - 2010-11-25

I also don't see the new scraper.

- Teroan - 2010-11-25

I found fixed IMDB scraper, for the XML scraper module, that appears to be working in case anyone is interested.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmchuscraper/source/browse/trunk/IMDbFixForCamelot/imdb.xml Right click "view raw file" and save link as.

- publicENEMY - 2010-11-26

Teroan Wrote:I found fixed IMDB scraper, for the XML scraper module, that appears to be working in case anyone is interested.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmchuscraper/source/browse/trunk/IMDbFixForCamelot/imdb.xml Right click "view raw file" and save link as.

is this working with ember?

- olympia - 2010-11-26

Teroan Wrote:I found fixed IMDB scraper, for the XML scraper module, that appears to be working in case anyone is interested.

publicENEMY Wrote:is this working with ember?

Yes, but doesn't make ANY sense to use it.

USE!!! the fullcast workaround (with limiting the number of actors if you wish). What is the problem with that guys? Why are you looking for other solutions if there is one which works perfectly?

On the other hand I will help Dazza to deliver an even better solution and make it available for you all.
BUT no reason for whining and asking when it will be available! There is a working workaround!

- SiXke - 2010-11-26

Is it normal I dont get the IMDB score in the NFO file? Or should I activate this somewhere?