Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- bencorn - 2010-12-19

popular.me Wrote:sorry if this question been asked before...

how come even after i've scraped a tv show i still have to manually refresh it in xbmc for the poster and fanart to show upHuh

is there a trick to this or something?

It's because XBMC stores its library information locally and once it has information for an episode/series/movie, it never looks for information for it again until you manually refresh it. No trick to it that I know of, just have to refresh the Series to get the backdrops to update.

- rcoops - 2010-12-19

Is it just me or would the installation process go a whole lot faster if the *.png files where zipped into a single archive and pulled over as one single file. The overhead associated with initiating the transfer of each is huge and will even on a fast connection slow down the installation process an awful lot.

Other then that I'm happy to see that TV shows are getting there... so far Ember is the best for movies, I have not tried TV shows yet... waiting for the install to finish.

- opeters - 2010-12-20

Does anybody know if there is an iPhone/iPAD template available for Ember?

- popular.me - 2010-12-20

bencorn Wrote:It's because XBMC stores its library information locally and once it has information for an episode/series/movie, it never looks for information for it again until you manually refresh it. No trick to it that I know of, just have to refresh the Series to get the backdrops to update.
ok.

but for my movies, i don't have to do that and everything shows up...posters/fanart/nfo.

but for my tv shows, i'd have to refresh the episodes and download the posters/fanarts.

it's weird......Huh

- merkaba - 2010-12-20

Is anyone else having issues with Ember trying to automatically download trailers? Mine just sits at the first one and does nothing. If i try to cancel it freezes Ember and i have to force close it. Even though Ember is not being updated, it seems like it's still the best out there. Can anyone recommend other scrapers, or know how to fix the problem with automatically scraping movies?

- sygyzy_nbr - 2010-12-21

merkaba Wrote:Is anyone else having issues with Ember trying to automatically download trailers? Mine just sits at the first one and does nothing. If i try to cancel it freezes Ember and i have to force close it. Even though Ember is not being updated, it seems like it's still the best out there. Can anyone recommend other scrapers, or know how to fix the problem with automatically scraping movies?

I haven't had that issue with trailers specifically but there definitely is a bug in Ember that if it's doing a large process (say initially scraping your library), and it gets "stuck" on an "ASK" item, and you cancel out of that dialog, it sometimes shuts down the parent task.

- tazelaaarq - 2010-12-22

I'm having an issue where it scarped everything but the cast. So I changed my options and now it gets everything perfect when I rescrape. But I dont know how to rescrape for just cast information, I want to keep my fanart and posters the same just add the cast info to it.

- merkaba - 2010-12-23

tazelaaarq Wrote:I'm having an issue where it scarped everything but the cast. So I changed my options and now it gets everything perfect when I rescrape. But I dont know how to rescrape for just cast information, I want to keep my fanart and posters the same just add the cast info to it.

I have this same problem as well. Now i have to go through everything one by one Sad

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-12-23

@tazelaaarq

scrape media > custom scraper

modifiers:
uncheck all items and check nfo

Not getting info - diogee - 2010-12-24

Every time I scrape a movie, I do not get a plot outline, tagline, run time, director, genre, studio, rating, and more. I have tried deleting my install, reinstalling to a different location, and installing on different machines, all with the same results. :confused2:

I've searched this thread, but my issue doesn't seem to come up since 2009. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Seasons Greetings to ALL!

- isamu.dragon - 2010-12-24

diogee Wrote:Every time I scrape a movie, I do not get a plot outline, tagline, run time, director, genre, studio, rating, and more. I have tried deleting my install, reinstalling to a different location, and installing on different machines, all with the same results. :confused2:

I've searched this thread, but my issue doesn't seem to come up since 2009. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Seasons Greetings to ALL!

Try looking about September. about 4-6 pages back and it addresses it.

- diogee - 2010-12-25

isamu.dragon Wrote:Try looking about September. about 4-6 pages back and it addresses it.

Works! Thanx!Laugh

- CrashnBrn - 2010-12-27

Is there something like Ember but for Anime?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-12-27

I am going to use Extra-Fanart for a xbmc-skin.
Nevertheless, my whole movie library is already completely scraped and tagged (+cover/ single fanart).

Is it possible to automate the scraping of those multiple movie-fanarts, without selecting each movie manually?

It would be really hard, if I've had to grab those multiple-fanarts for each movie on my own
(double click on movie, fanart-> scrape--> tick all fanarts etc.).

Is there a way to let EMM do that automatically without loosing any other info / title etc ?

- xyber - 2010-12-27

CrashnBrn Wrote:Is there something like Ember but for Anime?

If you can tell it to grab info from TMDB and TVDB, then you should be able to get info on some anime.