Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Doraemonn - 2009-06-05

Get the frame extraction to work (black screen here) and add skin-based media flagging, and this might just be the perfect little tool.

IF it worked in Mono (OSX) it would be even better, but hey, as it is it's excellent. Thanks for all the hard work!

- nul7 - 2009-06-05

Ayla Wrote:Thanks for all your fast and great updates nul7 Smile

Two questions:

1. None of my scraped movies has trailers (the trailers field is empty for all of them). How do I get EMM to scrape trailers?

2. One of my movies got scraped wrong (including fanart). I chose to "Change Movie" and selected the correct one. The correct one didn't have fanart, but I couldn't see an option to delete the "wrong" fanart, from the other movie?

Trailers are not downloaded yet, but that's on the to do list already.

Removing the current poster/fanart is on the to do list as well. I'll try to get to that for the next version.

bobrap Wrote:When rescanning media, is it intended for all movies to be marked? Thanks for all your work.Nod

Never mind, I figured it out.Laugh

Thanks. Glad I could help. lol

MrDVD Wrote:Thx you so much for this new release, i scanned right now for Duplicate Movies and it works perfect.

Excellent. Thanks!

- nul7 - 2009-06-05

Doraemonn Wrote:Get the frame extraction to work (black screen here) and add skin-based media flagging, and this might just be the perfect little tool.

IF it worked in Mono (OSX) it would be even better, but hey, as it is it's excellent. Thanks for all the hard work!

Skin based flagging is already in Ember. For frame extraction, are you hitting "Load Movie", sliding the slider to the point in the movie you want to extract, then hitting "Grab Frame"?

- MrDVD - 2009-06-05

nul7 Wrote:For frame extraction, are you hitting "Load Movie", sliding the slider to the point in the movie you want to extract, then hitting "Grab Frame"?

If i follow this way i only see the pic inside the move after hitting "Grab Frame"

Maybe this is a codec releated problem as i have maybe diff codecs compared to yours. (at last i think i didnt have any extra codec installed under XP and i use for short tests the one the are inside MPC Smile )

- NatroN - 2009-06-05

the fanart downloaded by emm istn't displayed in xbmc... I think xbmc doesn't detect the movie.fanart.jpg as a fanart and doesn't display it..

can anybody tell me if it's possible to create fanart that is shown in xbmc (aeon)? how to name it?

thx and great work!!

- Doraemonn - 2009-06-05

nul7 Wrote:are you hitting "Load Movie", sliding the slider to the point in the movie you want to extract, then hitting "Grab Frame"?

Yup. Same as above, black window until I hit Grab Frame, so essentially I'm grabbing blindly Smile

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-06-05

NatroN Wrote:the fanart downloaded by emm istn't displayed in xbmc... I think xbmc doesn't detect the movie.fanart.jpg as a fanart and doesn't display it..

can anybody tell me if it's possible to create fanart that is shown in xbmc (aeon)? how to name it?

thx and great work!!

XMBC use "MOVIE-fanart.jpg" and there is a option for this`?

Right?
Iam not using XBMC, is using EMM for my Popcorn Hour (YAMJ)

- nul7 - 2009-06-05

MrDVD Wrote:If i follow this way i only see the pic inside the move after hitting "Grab Frame"

Maybe this is a codec releated problem as i have maybe diff codecs compared to yours. (at last i think i didnt have any extra codec installed under XP and i use for short tests the one the are inside MPC Smile )

Doraemonn Wrote:Yup. Same as above, black window until I hit Grab Frame, so essentially I'm grabbing blindly Smile

That's how it's supposed to work. It's not a video player. You have to use the slider and the time label to select where in the video you want to grab the frame. "Grab Frame" then grabs the frame from that time marker and loads it into the picture box for verification. If you like it, hit save to save it to the extrathumbs folder.

I'm using ffmpeg so when you hit "Grab Frame" it executes ffmpeg to create the screen shot and save the image in the Temp folder to load from.

Hope that makes sense.

NatroN Wrote:the fanart downloaded by emm istn't displayed in xbmc... I think xbmc doesn't detect the movie.fanart.jpg as a fanart and doesn't display it..

thx and great work!!

Thanks!

XBMC uses <movie>-fanart.jpg or fanart.jpg

<movie>.fanart.jpg is for YAMJ compatibility.

- nul7 - 2009-06-05

PrimaryMaster Wrote:XBMC use "MOVIE-fanart.jpg" and there is a option for this`?

Right?
Iam not using XBMC, is using EMM for my Popcorn Hour (YAMJ)

Beat me to it. lol Thanks.

- MrDVD - 2009-06-06

Hallo, r227 didnt save the Poster and Fanarts here for new added movies. EMM write the new nfo and i see the the Picture in the preview but after pressing OK i dont see the pics inside EMM and the are also not stored inside the Movie folder.

- nul7 - 2009-06-06

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, r227 didnt save the Poster and Fanarts here for new added movies. EMM write the new nfo and i see the the Picture in the preview but after pressing OK i dont see the pics inside EMM and the are also not stored inside the Movie folder.

Do you have a poster and fanart file type selected?

- MrDVD - 2009-06-06

nul7 Wrote:Do you have a poster and fanart file type selected?

Yes, <movie>.tbn, <movie>.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg are selected like in older versions too.

I found out that when i mark an movie and say "Update Media - Marked Movies - Automatic" it works but not when i right click on an title and say Re-scrape. In the Edit Movie window i can download posters and fanarts by clicking on this big globe icon and select the one i want but after pressing the OK button to close the Edit Window non is added. (this way works in older versions as i did it all the time)

- nul7 - 2009-06-06

MrDVD Wrote:Yes, <movie>.tbn, <movie>.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg are selected like in older versions too.

I found out that when i mark an movie and say "Update Media - Marked Movies - Automatic" it works but not when i right click on an title and say Re-scrape. In the Edit Movie window i can download posters and fanarts by clicking on this big globe icon and select the one i want but after pressing the OK button to close the Edit Window non is added. (this way works in older versions as i did it all the time)

Hmmm works for me. Is there an error log?

- AaronD - 2009-06-06

Just used this for the first time tonight after using MC for a long time, and had to say fantastic job. This is so intuitive to use and looks great!

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-06-06

i have a problem.... the newer ver. is using <rating>6,7</rating> and the YAMJ can do not under stand the ",".... the previously ver. used <rating>6.7</rating>... and it worked perfekt...

can this be fixed soon? ... plz