Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- JustinAiken - 2009-06-09

Am I missing an option or something?

I have a bunch of movies (each in their own folder) showing up... if I do the auto-update, it finds almost of them, but only saves the nfo/fanart/backdrop for a random handful... why is this?

I mean if I go Update Media/All Movies (or Movies missing information)>ask>all...

The updater runs, finds most movies, asks me about a few of them... when it's done going through the list, it's only actually saved the files for about 5 of them... :/

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-10

nul7 Wrote:I don't think XBMC supports the folder.jpg file type, does it? It's just included in EMM for people who browse their collection via Windows Explorer.

From this posts Aeon-specific meta-media information index (with Pictures) it appears

it appears that folder.jpg is used by Aeon

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

clock2113 Wrote:Am I missing an option or something?

I have a bunch of movies (each in their own folder) showing up... if I do the auto-update, it finds almost of them, but only saves the nfo/fanart/backdrop for a random handful... why is this?

I mean if I go Update Media/All Movies (or Movies missing information)>ask>all...

The updater runs, finds most movies, asks me about a few of them... when it's done going through the list, it's only actually saved the files for about 5 of them... :/

Hmm.... can you email your settings file to: jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com and I can see if there's anything that stands out. Just be sure you have the proper file types set, the sources added properly (as files or folders) and that you have gone through the scraper settings to set what data you want downloaded and it should work.

mfsav2 Wrote:From this posts Aeon-specific meta-media information index (with Pictures) it appears

it appears that folder.jpg is used by Aeon

If Ember is actually creating the folder.jpg then it's doing it's job so, unfortunately, I can't be of much help to you. I don't use Aeon so I'm not familiar with it enough to know what may be wrong.

- krypt2nite - 2009-06-10

I've been through pretty much every incarnation of "Media Organizer" available. I've been keeping tabs on your application and of course naturally waited. I just started testing it out and I just wanted to say good job. You have created a wonderful piece of software. I'm sure it will become my permanent solution shortly.

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

krypt2nite Wrote:I've been through pretty much every incarnation of "Media Organizer" available. I've been keeping tabs on your application and of course naturally waited. I just started testing it out and I just wanted to say good job. You have created a wonderful piece of software. I'm sure it will become my permanent solution shortly.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any suggestions!

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

r282 and Extras 07 are in the first post. I think I forgot a few things in the changelog because it sure seemed like I did more work on it than that. lol

- pmontanari - 2009-06-10

Hi,

There is something wrong with System.Data.SQLite.dll in the latest release..... Exception caught at startup....

Took the one from the previous release and all is fine.

Regards

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

pmontanari Wrote:Hi,

There is something wrong with System.Data.SQLite.dll in the latest release..... Exception caught at startup....

Took the one from the previous release and all is fine.

Regards

I didn't change it... maybe corrupt download/package or you used the wrong version (x86 vs x64)? Can you download it again to verify? I can repackage it.

But then again.... it may be the changes to the code for updating the database. Third time is not always a charm. lol

EDIT: And if you get the error again, can you post it up so I can look it over?

- pmontanari - 2009-06-10

I downloaded twice but maybe I had a cache problem....

But it seemed that the latest version was larger (over 900 ko) than the previous one (834 ko)

- indy5 - 2009-06-10

nul7 Wrote:I didn't change it... maybe corrupt download/package or you used the wrong version (x86 vs x64)? Can you download it again to verify? I can repackage it.

But then again.... it may be the changes to the code for updating the database. Third time is not always a charm. lol

EDIT: And if you get the error again, can you post it up so I can look it over?

I'm getting this

Title: Error
Message: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
StackTrace: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(Object Value)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.SetFilterColors()
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.dgvMediaList_Sorted(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSorted(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SortInternal(IComparer comparer, DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.Sort(DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.FillList(Int32 iIndex, Boolean DupesOnly)
Date/Time: 6/10/2009 12:17:10 AM
===========================================================================================

Plus my list starts out being sorted Z-A, and when I try to resort A-Z, I get an exception error.

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

Which version are you guys using (x86 or x64) and what revision and extras package are you upgrading from?

EDIT: I just downloaded the extras packages and they are both the proper versions. The x64 version is 941 kb and the x86 version is 834 kb. Are you positive you downloaded the correct one?

- indy5 - 2009-06-10

nul7 Wrote:Which version are you guys using (x86 or x64) and what revision and extras package are you upgrading from?

I'm using x86, upgrading from extra package 6 and exe version 263

- indy5 - 2009-06-10

indy5 Wrote:I'm using x86, upgrading from extra package 6 and exe version 263

I just wiped out my install and re-extracted both the exe and extras package. It seems ok now.

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

I downloaded x86 r263 and extras 06 and extracted both into a new, clean folder. I opened Ember, created the db, played with it for a little then closed it. I then downloaded r279 and extras 07 and extracted both into the same folder as before, overwriting the current files. Worked fine... upgraded the database without error, loaded the movies, sorted, etc...... tried it twice. I have no clue what could be causing the error at this point. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the db update, there must be some certain thing with the database that causes it not to upgrade properly.... but I don't know what it is. lol

- nul7 - 2009-06-10

Tried the same thing with the x64 version... works for me with that too.

Unfortunately, the best course of action (again) is to delete the database (Ember.emm) if upgrading causes problems. Is there anybody with SQLite experience that may be able to assist in figuring out what the problem might be? I am familiar with MySQL so when working with SQLite I just have to adapt what I know about MySQL to SQLite.... but apparently I have something wrong.