Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-06-12

r303 is in the first post. This is as good of a time as any to go into a feature freeze. At least the next release will be a bug fix only release, more if necessary. So, get your bug reports in so we can work on making Ember more stable. Thanks everyone!

- anoobie - 2009-06-12

nul7 Wrote:Oh, I understood, it's just that if XBMC will be officially supporting multiple fanart, I would like to use their filenaming scheme instead of just coming up with something that will need to be changed. That's what I was trying to get at.... it was *me* who was being unclear. lol

Yes, in the fanart selection dialog, there are checkboxes for each image. All the ones that you check will be saved to the extrathumbs folder.

I find it funny that you tell people posting in your own thread about issues with your own program that you "don't watch every thread on the forum" and "don't have time to track down every issue that someone posts", yet you have time to come in here and "advertise" your program? I'm beginning to wonder if your previous posts in this thread weren't purposely trying to confuse people by redirecting them to your site.

How do you get to the fanart selection dialog? Also any plan to have this an automatic process?

- nul7 - 2009-06-12

anoobie Wrote:How do you get to the fanart selection dialog? Also any plan to have this an automatic process?

For a single movie, you can right click on the movie and hit "Edit Movie".... then got to the "Fanart" tab. In there you'll see a button to scrape new fanart.

For the updaters, it will only pop up if you use an Ask type updater and if the preferred image size could not be found.

[EDIT: And saying that just made me realize I forgot to add "Ask" support to the updater image caching code. lol Fixed for next release.]

I suppose with the new caching feature, it would be relatively easy to add "Save All Fanart of x Size".... but again, we would need to know what to name them. lol

EDIT: This is the only ticket I can find regarding multiple fanart: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6028 (aside from the duplicate mentioned in the same ticket) so it looks like this is not really "officially" a future feature of XBMC as of yet. So, after the feature freeze, we can work on this and just use the logical naming of:

fanart.jpg
fanart1.jpg
fanart2.jpg
etc...

or

<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>-fanart2.jpg
<movie>-fanart3.jpg
etc....

and hope that's what they go with. lol

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-12

nul7 Wrote:So, like an idiot, i've been just creating the nfos by hand based on what you've posted..... and they worked fine. Just now I did what I should have in the first place and copy/pasted exactly what you had in the post. The problem, as ridiculous as it name seem, is the capital "M" in "<Movies>". That causes the serializer to freak out and fail because XML is case sensitive. Whatever program you're using to create these nfo files is creating them incorrectly.

hahahahah
The devil is really in the details!

I was not aware that XML was case sensitive Sad dummy me

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-12

r303 works perfectly!

question: what is the Use Media Info Studio Tags?
and more than that Use MI Duration for Runtime?

- phil65 - 2009-06-12

if you want media flags, than you need the media info in the studio tags. Using that for runtime means that the scanned runtime and not the scraped runtime is used (i´m preferrin this)
It would be nice to allow the second option even when the first option is unchecked (because media flagging will be integrated into the main branch soon)

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-12

Question: when rescraping a movie there is an option to save additional fanart as extrathumbs:

it would be nice to have an option to enable this automatically during auto scrape.

In addition to that the result is funny:
I have an option to have 2 extra thumbs.

During autoscrape it created two screenshots.
During re scrape it downloaded the two files (as per previous image) and this is the result:
Image I have 4 extra thumbs

I think you must put an option to delete existing extra thumbs as you have put for the other items, otherwise extra thumbs get crowded.

And my suggestion is:
divide the extra thumb in 2 options:
- number of frames from video
- number of downloaded extra thumbs (this one together with the option to autosave additional fanart to extrathumb)

in this way it will be PERFECT Smile

Mf

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-12

temmi2000 Wrote:if you want media flags, than you need the media info in the studio tags. Using that for runtime means that the scanned runtime and not the scraped runtime is used (i´m preferrin this)
It would be nice to allow the second option even when the first option is unchecked (because media flagging will be integrated into the main branch soon)

Thanks... is not for me..
this is my OFFLINE collection so all the media files are 5 sec long Smile

- mark007 - 2009-06-12

Studio Flags Not Accurate Yet / Need of way to update all when its improved
And one last thing (yes I don't have 100 things to complain about anymore, its getting really good). The studio tags are really not much good yet, I guess the studio tags generation using media info dll is the problem. Almost all of my movies have incorrect data.

Here is one in particular item that appears to have been scraped correctly, but appears incorrectly in the gui.

Movie is Body Of Lies
SDp / DX50 / MPEG Audio / 2ch /
Appears with two SD images like this Image. Is the two SD icons expected? Any info from the media info dll developers as to improvements. And finally is there a way to update the studio tags in one automated sweep, when media info dll gets improved.

- nul7 - 2009-06-12

mfsav2 Wrote:Question: when rescraping a movie there is an option to save additional fanart as extrathumbs:

it would be nice to have an option to enable this automatically during auto scrape.

In addition to that the result is funny:
I have an option to have 2 extra thumbs.

During autoscrape it created two screenshots.
During re scrape it downloaded the two files (as per previous image) and this is the result:
Image I have 4 extra thumbs

I think you must put an option to delete existing extra thumbs as you have put for the other items, otherwise extra thumbs get crowded.

And my suggestion is:
divide the extra thumb in 2 options:
- number of frames from video
- number of downloaded extra thumbs (this one together with the option to autosave additional fanart to extrathumb)

in this way it will be PERFECT Smile

Mf

The auto generation of extrathumbs checks if a file exists already, and if so, it doesn't save that thumb (or at least that's how it's supposed to work... I just looked over the code and everything seems to be in order there). If you manually extract a frame, it will save it regardless of how many thumbs are already in the folder. Are you sure you haven't manually extracted 2 frames for this movie?

We'll start working on multiple fanart/auto fanart as extrathumbs after the feature freeze.

mark007 Wrote:Movie List Losing Position
When editing a movie, when finished and I click OK. The list on the left hand side gets refreshed or something. Basically if I am at a particular movie, moving down the list for example to perform a task on each one, I lost my position every time. I need to keep scrolling down through the list, select movie, update, rescroll, find the movie I was on etc etc.

Yes, it reloads the list in case you've made changes in the editor that update the database. I'll try to come up with something as a work around for that.

mark007 Wrote:Studio Flags Not Accurate Yet / Need of way to update all when its improved
And one last thing (yes I don't have 100 things to complain about anymore, its getting really good). The studio tags are really not much good yet, I guess the studio tags generation using media info dll is the problem. Almost all of my movies have incorrect data.

Here is one in particular item that appears to have been scraped correctly, but appears incorrectly in the gui.

Movie is Body Of Lies
SDp / DX50 / MPEG Audio / 2ch /
Appears with two SD images like this Image. Is the two SD icons expected? Any info from the media info dll developers as to improvements. And finally is there a way to update the studio tags in one automated sweep, when media info dll gets improved.

The dll doesn't produce the images.... it just produces the data. Ember then compares that data with what's in the Flags.xml to get the images. The images in that screenshot are "proper" for that tag. You can edit the Flags.xml file yourself to change what shows for what. For instance, if you don't like the double "SD" image (I just did that to fill the space.... got tired of seeing the default question mark for almost every movie. lol) open Flags.xml (located in \Images\Flags) and remove the code in red:

Code:
<vtype>
    <name searchstring="bluray|blu-ray|blu ray">
      <icon>bluray.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="hddvd|hd dvd|hd-dvd">
      <icon>hddvd.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="hdtv|hd tv">
      <icon>hdtv.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="dvd|sddvd|sd dvd">
      <icon>dvd.png</icon>
    </name>
    <name searchstring="divx|xvid">
      <icon>divx.png</icon>
    </name>
    [b][color=red]<name searchstring="sd|sdp|sdi">
      <icon>sd.png</icon>
    </name>[/color][/b]
    <default>
      <icon>defaultscreen.png</icon>
    </default>
  </vtype>

- mark007 - 2009-06-12

Thanks for that! Yeah maybe some optimizations like only reloading information that has changed. Like only reloading studio tags images if thats all that changed. But I know this can be very tricky to do, an all encompasing refresh is much easier / less prone to bugs, but not as nice for the user in the end, not a big one but something to look into I guess.

Lots Of Duplicates
I just found something that might be considered a bug. I think to be really successful the software should be able to check for duplicates before saving any type of image but this problem I found might go a little further than that.

I am manually going through movies to download extrathumbs (from fan art section). Taking a while but I don't mind until emm can do this. Probably doesn't make sense in a way downloading fanart to extrathumbs but hey.

I just went into a movie and scraped all fan art, checked all high quality images (nice feature), and selected an image I would ilke as fanart. Clicked OK, all is fine. I noticed the image I selected wasn't 1920 x 1080 so I went back in to and rescraped again (only took half a second because images were in cache). I did the same again, selected all high quality images I want as image thumbs, and selected a new fanart.

I was slightly surprised to see double the number of extra thumbs I was expecting.... There is no mechanism at all yet to stop duplicates? I am just thinking in the future, and if hopefully a feature to download all fanart available to say extrathumbs like I am doing... then I won't just get an update of images (some extras), I will get hundreds / thousands of duplicates because there is no checking....

Basically pleading that this be added soon as for alot of users I am sure its crucial to have crc checks that will show (Already downloaded) so a user can't check it, and the auto updater will never duplicate. Adding to feature request page now Big Grin

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-12

nul7 Wrote:The auto generation of extrathumbs checks if a file exists already, and if so, it doesn't save that thumb (or at least that's how it's supposed to work... I just looked over the code and everything seems to be in order there). If you manually extract a frame, it will save it regardless of how many thumbs are already in the folder. Are you sure you haven't manually extracted 2 frames for this movie?

We'll start working on multiple fanart/auto fanart as extrathumbs after the feature freeze.

This is the exact procedure I did:
close EMM
destroy all previous content
copy standard structure (video and my nfo)
open EMM
click on rescan media
click on update media - all movie - automatic - all items
when it has finished
close EMM
--> checked in all folders and all extra thumbs have 2 files
open EMM
rescan media
click on A.I. movie
right click on A.I. Movie
Re scrape IMDB
at fanart selection I checked TWO items and selected one (Image)
ok to finish the process.

at the end I have 4 files Smile

you should be able to repro it...

- NatroN - 2009-06-12

@ 3 or 4 movies the downloaded dvd cover isn't displayed in xbmc.. album art works great.

examples:
bube, dame, könig, gras.jpg
spiderman.jpg

- krypt2nite - 2009-06-12

One issue that I've encountered is the media info tagging 720p rips as 576p.

Screen shots should give the information. I have here two incorrectly tagged 720p rips, and 2 correctly tagged 576p rips.

Guess there should be a way to detect the horizontal to determine if it's truely a 720 or 576 rip.

- NatroN - 2009-06-12

this is correct.. ..or lets say... it's not correct that a 720p movie is 720p...

this is because there are hardly any movies which are 16:9.

There are only 2 possibilities for a 720p movie to be 720p.
1) the movie is 16:9 - like said before.. noone ever produced a movie in 16:9.. 16:9 was a big lie to sell tvs Big Grin
2) the other possibility is, that the black borders are "in the picture" - seen often on camrips - to cover something Smile

so most 1080p movies aren't 1920x1080 and most 720p movies aren't 1280x720. they have less scanlines - and if a program detects the scanlines it's hard to know if this should be 720p.. or anything else