Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- krypt2nite - 2009-06-12

NatroN Wrote:this is correct.. ..or lets say... it's not correct that a 720p movie is 720p...

this is because there are hardly any movies which are 16:9.

There are only 2 possibilities for a 720p movie to be 720p.
1) the movie is 16:9 - like said before.. noone ever produced a movie in 16:9.. 16:9 was a big lie to sell tvs Big Grin
2) the other possibility is, that the black borders are "in the picture" - seen often on camrips - to cover something Smile

so most 1080p movies aren't 1920x1080 and most 720p movies aren't 1280x720. they have less scanlines - and if a program detects the scanlines it's hard to know if this should be 720p.. or anything else

I hope this doesn't come off rude and I know you're only trying to provide information. However in this case I disagree with you. I understand simple encoded video concepts like you went over. The two movies I provided for example are indeed ripped from a blu-ray source and have had the black bars properly cropped. So they are technically 720p and I would like the flags to reflect that. Other media scanners correctly distinguish the proper resolution for an encoded video.

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-12

krypt2nite Wrote:The two movies I provided for example are indeed ripped from a blu-ray source and have had the black bars properly cropped. So they are technically 720p and I would like the flags to reflect that. Other media scanners correctly distinguish the proper resolution for an encoded video.

I think you should check the frame property of the file to know the exact format. than we can understand if EMM is detecting them correctly or not.

can you post the exact frame size of all the four movies?

- nul7 - 2009-06-13

mfsav2 Wrote:This is the exact procedure I did:
close EMM
destroy all previous content
copy standard structure (video and my nfo)
open EMM
click on rescan media
click on update media - all movie - automatic - all items
when it has finished
close EMM
--> checked in all folders and all extra thumbs have 2 files
open EMM
rescan media
click on A.I. movie
right click on A.I. Movie
Re scrape IMDB
at fanart selection I checked TWO items and selected one (Image)
ok to finish the process.

at the end I have 4 files Smile

you should be able to repro it...

Ah.... yes, that is the correct behavior, as well. The "# to create" in settings is the maximum number of frames to extract to fill extra thumbs. So if you set 2 in the settings, and don't have any, it will create 2. If you have 1 it will create 1. If you have 2 or more it doesn't create any. Then when you scrape the fanart and select 2 more images to be extrathumbs, it adds 2 more. You're manually telling it to download those images and add them to the extra thumbs.... the same goes for single frame extraction. You're manually telling it to extract that frame and save it... regardless of what's already in the folder. How do you want it to behave?

NatroN Wrote:@ 3 or 4 movies the downloaded dvd cover isn't displayed in xbmc.. album art works great.

examples:
bube, dame, könig, gras.jpg
spiderman.jpg

If the files are named and created correctly by Ember, then it's an XBMC problem. One thing, though, is I don't think XBMC supports .jpg for posters.... I think it needs to be .tbn.

krypt2nite Wrote:One issue that I've encountered is the media info tagging 720p rips as 576p.

Screen shots should give the information. I have here two incorrectly tagged 720p rips, and 2 correctly tagged 576p rips.

Guess there should be a way to detect the horizontal to determine if it's truely a 720 or 576 rip.

... snip images ...

Just out of curiosity, did these tags already exist in your collection or did you manually edit them? Your 2 576p images show duplicated tags... I won't say that's impossible, but HIGHLY unlikely that Ember created those. Also, since the images don't match the tags, that tells me it had a different tag before.... but that's still a bug that they don't match. What exact steps did you take before making these screen shots?

I made one small change in the logic to set the tag that should fix the 720p detection in the next release, but I'd like to know more info about these screen shots to know what exactly is going on with the mismatched image/tag.

- krypt2nite - 2009-06-13

mfsav2 Wrote:I think you should check the frame property of the file to know the exact format. than we can understand if EMM is detecting them correctly or not.

can you post the exact frame size of all the four movies?

That's why I posted the screen shots. So you guys could see all that information.

nul7 Wrote:Just out of curiosity, did these tags already exist in your collection or did you manually edit them? Your 2 576p images show duplicated tags... I won't say that's impossible, but HIGHLY unlikely that Ember created those. Also, since the images don't match the tags, that tells me it had a different tag before.... but that's still a bug that they don't match. What exact steps did you take before making these screen shots?

I made one small change in the logic to set the tag that should fix the 720p detection in the next release, but I'd like to know more info about these screen shots to know what exactly is going on with the mismatched image/tag.

Ok here is what I did. I have 2000 movies. All of them were tagged previously by MIP. I made a backup of all my nfo, jpg, and tbn. I then went through and re-scanned my whole collection with EMM. All the information you see in the screenshots is fresh un-edited version EMM scanned. (except the genres)

Please note my two 576p examples are kind of a specialty encode. They are sourced from a 1080/720 encode but re-sized to a vertcal 576p. So the resolution won't be your traditional make. I have re-scanned the 576 examples and still no change on the double tagging. I am using your latest version of EMM.

Also take note in all 4 screenshots I edited out the filename.
Y:\HD Movies\300\300.2006.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.PROPER-hV.mkv

- nul7 - 2009-06-13

krypt2nite Wrote:That's why I posted the screen shots. So you guys could see all that information.

Ok here is what I did. I have 2000 movies. All of them were tagged previously by MIP. I made a backup of all my nfo, jpg, and tbn. I then went through and re-scanned my whole collection with EMM. All the information you see in the screenshots is fresh un-edited version EMM scanned. (except the genres)

Please note my two 576p examples are kind of a specialty encode. They are sourced from a 1080/720 encode but re-sized to a vertcal 576p. So the resolution won't be your traditional make. I have re-scanned the 576 examples and still no change on the double tagging. I am using your latest version of EMM.

Also take note in all 4 screenshots I edited out the filename.

I just can't see how that's possible. Can you back up the nfo, delete the original, and rescan and see if it produces the same results?

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-06-13

I still have the problem with ver. 303
the same movie is shown a lot of times =)

- pipolas - 2009-06-13

Hello,
Thank you very much for this great program, which looks very great.
Unfortunately, I have a big problem with it: Fanart, poster and information are not saved.
I explain: - First, I start emberMedia manger (x64). I have the folder Bin in the folder EMM x64 (And i took extras package x64).
Then, i configure everything.
After that, I right click on a movie, and I choose "re-scrape IMDB".
I choose the right movie and I click on ok.
Then, it's ok, everything is good (outline, plot, title etc...).
I go in poster and fanart, and i choose a poster and a fanart.
I look if everything is okay, and then I click on ok...and it does nothing.
Nothing change! No fanart, no posters, no information...NOTHING!
I don't know why!
I try on windows seven x64, windows xp x32 and windows home server x32, and i have .net 3.5 installed on this 3pc
I tried with different movies in different folders.
I tried with movies which didn't have nfo or fanart or everything

In fact, it does something: it makes a new nfo, but in which there is only the studio tag and technical information, but no plot or something else.

Look at the picture:
1: Image
2:Image
3:Image
4:Image
Can someone help me please.
Thank you.
Nicolas

ps: I apologize for my bad english, I'm french

- Nuno - 2009-06-13

pipolas Wrote:Hello,
Unfortunately, I have a big problem with it: Fanart, poster and information are not saved.
I explain: - First, I start emberMedia manger (x64). I have the folder Bin in the folder EMM x64 (And i took extras package x64).
I don't know why!
I try on windows seven x64, windows xp x32 and windows home server x32, and i have .net 3.5 installed on this 3pc

In fact, it does something: it makes a new nfo, but in which there is only the studio tag and technical information, but no plot or something else.

Hi,
Try to map a network drive and not use full URI

- Ayla - 2009-06-13

nul7,

Are you keeping an eye on this thread?:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52581

It's about native media flagging support (for now, only in a special build, but soon in SVN as well!).

It will probably mean some changes to EMM?

- nul7 - 2009-06-13

PrimaryMaster Wrote:I still have the problem with ver. 303
the same movie is shown a lot of times =)

... snip ....

Is this from a fresh install? Or have you just been overwriting the files? Looks like a bug in a previous version caused duplicate entries in the database. Try deleting the Ember.emm file from the directory and rescanning.

pipolas Wrote:Hello,
I don't know why!

Look at the picture:
1: ... snip ...
2: ... snip ...
3: ... snip ...
4: ... snip ...
Can someone help me please.
Thank you.
Nicolas

First, make sure you have at least one item selected from each group in the File Types section of the settings. If that doesn't help, please email your settings file (Settings.xml) to jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com and I'll look over it to see what could be the problem. Thanks!

Ayla Wrote:nul7,

Are you keeping an eye on this thread?:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52581

It's about native media flagging support (for now, only in a special build, but soon in SVN as well!).

It will probably mean some changes to EMM?

The only thing that would need to change is not saving to the studio tag and to create the images from the fileinfo data. Wink

- NatroN - 2009-06-13

is it possible to mark "seen movies" direct in xbmc? where is this information stored?

- nul7 - 2009-06-14

NatroN Wrote:is it possible to mark "seen movies" direct in xbmc? where is this information stored?

I can add a "seen" entry in the nfo (as it is when you export from xbmc to separate files), but I don't think it's accounted for in xbmc when reading the nfo.

- nul7 - 2009-06-14

krypt2nite Wrote:Also take note in all 4 screenshots I edited out the filename.

After re-reading this, it sinks in why the images don't match the tag.... because the filename has 720p in it. *slaps forehead* lol It uses both the tags and the filename to create the images.... it will take the first match which would be the highest resolution. So, with the change I made for next release, the tag, filename, and image should all match.

So, really, the only outstanding issue is the double tag. I still can't figure out how Ember could be creating those. If it is, I must be overlooking something.

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-14

nul7 Wrote:Ah.... yes, that is the correct behavior, as well. The "# to create" in settings is the maximum number of frames to extract to fill extra thumbs. So if you set 2 in the settings, and don't have any, it will create 2. If you have 1 it will create 1. If you have 2 or more it doesn't create any. Then when you scrape the fanart and select 2 more images to be extrathumbs, it adds 2 more. You're manually telling it to download those images and add them to the extra thumbs.... the same goes for single frame extraction. You're manually telling it to extract that frame and save it... regardless of what's already in the folder. How do you want it to behave?

nul7,
this are my suggestions:
- put an option to autosave all fanart of the selected size to extrathumbs
- put an option to delete existing extra thumbs before scrape (as you have put for the other items, otherwise extra thumbs get crowded).
- divide the extra thumb in 2 options:
- number of frames from video
- number of downloaded extra thumbs (this one together with the option to autosave additional fanart to extrathumb)

in this way it will be PERFECT Smile

So in other words it will automatically remove the old extra thumbs, create the desired number of screeneshots and save all the fanart of the selected size as extrathumb

hoping this helps.

Mf

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-14

krypt2nite Wrote:That's why I posted the screen shots. So you guys could see all that information.

Sorry i was asking you provide the exact frame size you get from other tools or players as VLS or others.

That's not reported in the screenshot and anyway it is needed to check if EMM reads it correctly of what.

Mf