Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- blaize - 2009-06-17

how do i get xbmc to load the poster image to the library ?
when i scan for new content it loads the .nfo and fanart.jpg but i have to set the folder.jpg manualy

any tips ?

- anoobie - 2009-06-17

blaize Wrote:how do i get xbmc to load the poster image to the library ?
when i scan for new content it loads the .nfo and fanart.jpg but i have to set the folder.jpg manualy

any tips ?

You need the poster to be named movie.tbn or <moviename>.tbn

- Montellese - 2009-06-17

anoobie Wrote:You need the poster to be named movie.tbn or <moviename>.tbn

This doesn't change the fact that you need to do a manuall "Reload" for the movie to get the new poster to show.
I think there is an option in the advancedsettings.xml but I haven't found the time to work on this issue yet myself.

- anoobie - 2009-06-17

Montellese Wrote:This doesn't change the fact that you need to do a manuall "Reload" for the movie to get the new poster to show.
I think there is an option in the advancedsettings.xml but I haven't found the time to work on this issue yet myself.

Why make things more complicated? Why not just run EMM again to download movie.tbn files. Then everything will be automatic, no need to reload or mess with advancedsettings.xml

Edit: and no you don't need to do a manual "Reload" for it to show.

About a month ago I got myself high-res posters from getvideoartwork.com for every movie in my collection and using the update functionality of XBMC didn't force it to show the new posters. I first manually did "Reload" for every movie but then I got annoyed and I removed the whole source and added it again so that all movies were newly loaded.

For getting the movie.tbn files EMM, MediaCompanion and MIP are very useful but they have no impact on what XBMC has cached and shows you.

- anoobie - 2009-06-17

Montellese Wrote:About a month ago I got myself high-res posters from getvideoartwork.com for every movie in my collection and using the update functionality of XBMC didn't force it to show the new posters. I first manually did "Reload" for every movie but then I got annoyed and I removed the whole source and added it again so that all movies were newly loaded.

For getting the movie.tbn files EMM, MediaCompanion and MIP are very useful but they have no impact on what XBMC has cached and shows you.

I understand what you mean but he obviously was scanning for new movies and the posters were blank so there's no need to reload in that case.

- bidossessi - 2009-06-17

anoobie Wrote:Why make things more complicated? Why not just run EMM again to download movie.tbn files. Then everything will be automatic, no need to reload or mess with advancedsettings.xml

Edit: and no you don't need to do a manual "Reload" for it to show.

if you scraped your movies using the inbuilt scrapers, these data will always override whatever any media companion outputs. so a reload is compulsory.

anoobie Wrote:I understand what you mean but he obviously was scanning for new movies and the posters were blank so there's no need to reload in that case.

Ah ok then I missunderstood his problem. Sorry about the confusion.

- andyblac - 2009-06-17

don't know if this has been mentioned before but it's a long thread. if you have the option "don't use media info studio tags" turned off, so it does not populate it with media information, it still puts a " /" at the end of the real studio, which means that now we have media flag support built into XBMC it does not pick up the studio because it does not match the real studio. see below

with the option turn on the is as follows: (correct)
<studio>Warner Bros. Pictures / 540p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / DTS / 6ch / eng</studio>

with the option turn off the is as follows: (incorrect)
<studio>Warner Bros. Pictures /</studio>

notice the " /" at the end. can you remove it so it does not appear ?

- nul7 - 2009-06-17

andyblac Wrote:don't know if this has been mentioned before but it's a long thread. if you have the option "don't use media info studio tags" turned off, so it does not populate it with media information, it still puts a " /" at the end of the real studio, which means that now we have media flag support built into XBMC it does not pick up the studio because it does not match the real studio. see below

with the option turn on the is as follows: (correct)
<studio>Warner Bros. Pictures / 540p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / DTS / 6ch / eng</studio>

with the option turn off the is as follows: (incorrect)
<studio>Warner Bros. Pictures /</studio>

notice the " /" at the end. can you remove it so it does not appear ?

Only happens when you edit the movie (or scrape a single movie, I suppose), correct? Fixed for next release.... but again, we may just remove all of the media flagging code all together.

i think you should rather switch to adding the streaminfo tag, and leaving the studio tag as it should be.

- nul7 - 2009-06-17

bidossessi Wrote:i think you should rather switch to adding the streaminfo tag, and leaving the studio tag as it should be.

We have been creating the proper nfo tags (although some need to be modified slightly), but what's the point? lol

the point is that all them flags looks really cool on that title bar in EMM as well Big Grin
plus, sometimes, xbmc gets stubborn, so having the info in an nfo is a way of making sure that the correct stuff WILL get displayed in there.
It gives me (user) a way to confirm what i should be expecting to see in xbmc.
There's a debate going on right now about progressive and interlaced. this could be moot if the detection work is done by a media manager.

fanart (or any image) scraping fails for me. the window remains blank.

- andyblac - 2009-06-18

nul7 Wrote:Only happens when you edit the movie (or scrape a single movie, I suppose), correct? Fixed for next release.... but again, we may just remove all of the media flagging code all together.

just deleted all my NFO's and re-run through EMM (with the option still turned off) now i have NO studio tag at all, only a studioreal tag but XBMC does not see that tag.

also jsut noticed that the mpaa tag does not get scraped correctly either, i have mine set use UK certification. but it has US info in the nfo