Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- mark007 - 2009-06-19

Incase it wasn't posted, there is no menu item to get media tags for anything other than "Sll Movies". I was trying to get media tags for some sd content that was incorrectly flagged as 720p but can't. The button isn't there for that.

Also I have reproduced the problem with extrathumbs being saved as only 96bytes (and crashing the player / causing weird behaviour) with 4 movies now.

jackie brown
v for vendetta
goldeneye
lock stock and two smoking barrels.

- nul7 - 2009-06-19

mark007 Wrote:Incase it wasn't posted, there is no menu item to get media tags for anything other than "Sll Movies". I was trying to get media tags for some sd content that was incorrectly flagged as 720p but can't. The button isn't there for that.

I have no idea what this means. lol What are "Sll Movies"? What exactly are you trying to do? What menu item or button are you looking for??

mark007 Wrote:Also I have reproduced the problem with extrathumbs being saved as only 96bytes (and crashing the player / causing weird behaviour) with 4 movies now.

jackie brown
v for vendetta
goldeneye
lock stock and two smoking barrels.

Are you using r324? You're talking about selecting all fanart of a certain size to download as extrathumbs, right? I remember confirming this in an earlier version and thought I fixed it. It works perfectly for me in r324.... do you get an error?

- mark007 - 2009-06-19

nul7 Wrote:I have no idea what this means. lol What are "Sll Movies"? What exactly are you trying to do? What menu item or button are you looking for??

Are you using r324? You're talking about selecting all fanart of a certain size to download as extrathumbs, right? I remember confirming this in an earlier version and thought I fixed it. It works perfectly for me in r324.... do you get an error?

Sorry I meant "Update Media" -> "Marked Movies" -> "Media Tags Only"

This doesn't exist. It only exists in "All Media" -> "Media Tags Only".

For the 96 byte thumbs. It is reproducable over and over. It happens in r324 and I get no error (unless after the images are scraped and I hit Cancel in the edit movie screen, it then gives a big error printout that it can't find a certain file... which is of course because the software got stuck at one of the 96byte files and didn't continue to the end of the list). Just a random amount of valid images and then a 96byte file created (3 valid created for v for vendetta each time, the 4th one gets 96bytes) and the software acts strangely after this, as in "Change fan art [scrape]" screen goes completely blank if I try to reopen it for this movie, like it was expecting X number of images but only contained 3. Weird because I can reproduce with the same movies here.... I am scraping all fanart, selecting all highest quality for extrathumbs, bang, 96byte jpg file appears. Almost all other movies are fine but not these. Will list any more I can reproduce with as I am going from A-Z.

- themugger - 2009-06-19

Quote:Did you re-add the reference to System.Data.SQLite.dll (pointing to the dll on your system), as Nuno mentioned?

cannot find this .dll in my system. have VB installed, do i need SQL Server aswell. i have SQL Server Compact but that does not seem to contain the dll. sorry for being a noob....!

- nul7 - 2009-06-19

themugger Wrote:cannot find this .dll in my system. have VB installed, do i need SQL Server aswell. i have SQL Server Compact but that does not seem to contain the dll. sorry for being a noob....!

It's in the extras package... so it should be in your Ember installation directory. Wink

- rausch101 - 2009-06-20

As far as I can tell, EMM only records the studio in the <studioreal> tag, which isn't compatible with the new native flagging code for Aeon I don't think. Everything else displays fine. I think just adding a <studio> tag would fix it?

- Manta99 - 2009-06-20

Quick suggestion:
the update of fanart/posters takes very long (especially from themoviedb.org) because the program downloads all available art (full size) into a temp folder.

Solution:
It would speed up the process of the program only downloads the thumbnails at first and afterwards download those fanarts selected by the user.

The program is otherwise very clean and simple, so keep up the good work!!! Maybe in the future we can dream it also covers TV-shows Smile

- nul7 - 2009-06-20

rausch101 Wrote:As far as I can tell, EMM only records the studio in the <studioreal> tag, which isn't compatible with the new native flagging code for Aeon I don't think. Everything else displays fine. I think just adding a <studio> tag would fix it?

It's not that it's missing a studio tag... it's there... it's just that it also has the old media flagging tags in it, making it incompatible. This is already fixed for the next release.

Manta99 Wrote:Quick suggestion:
the update of fanart/posters takes very long (especially from themoviedb.org) because the program downloads all available art (full size) into a temp folder.

Solution:
It would speed up the process of the program only downloads the thumbnails at first and afterwards download those fanarts selected by the user.

The program is otherwise very clean and simple, so keep up the good work!!! Maybe in the future we can dream it also covers TV-shows Smile

This is already on the feature request list. Wink

- nul7 - 2009-06-20

Just so nobody thinks we're slacking off or abandoned this, here is the changelog so far for the next release:

Code:
* Feature: Option to skip movie files if they are smaller than a configurable size
* Feature: Source filter for media list
* Feature: Enhanced commandline operation (now silent by default for single movie, able to utilize any of the other updaters/modifiers)
* Feature: Tool for reversion of studio tags
* Feature: Offline Media Manager (create "dummy" files, including customizable video, for physical dvd movies)
* Feature: Download trailers (supported sites: YouTube/TMDB, AllTrailers, MattTrailers, AZMovies, IMDB) - Thanks to mafis90 for the initial code
* Feature: Configurable poster and fanart image quality
* Feature: Option to download the preferred fanart size only
* Fix: Check for null in Sets comparison
* Fix: Always use full path to settings and database for Windows 7 user folder compatibility
* Change/Fix: More error handling in Sets Manager
* Change/Fix: Lots of code tweaks/improvements
* Change: Disable specific updaters depending on settings
* Change: Improved clean up of database on rescan
* Change: Tweaks to filters
* Change: Exclude parent folder when validating paths for media
* Change: Set studio tag to studioreal if Use MI Studio Tags is disabled
* Change: Only allow single instance except for commandline operation
* Change: Improved compatibility for XBMC native media flagging
* Change: Do not cut off long movie names

- diemos - 2009-06-20

oh trust me, nobody is thinking you guys are slacking off, next release looks badass! can't wait...

by the way, in my opinion, its way past ALPHA stage as it says on the first page, as well as the picture is outdated, maybe its time to update for new users Smile just a suggestion, anyways, can't wait for release. amazing job
I'm most excited about trailers, wooo!

- AaronD - 2009-06-21

Hi,

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I have read a lot. I haven't seen anyone post about this problem - every time I start EMM, it runs through that dialog box you get the first time EMM runs. You know, where it asks for the path to folders or files, and what type of content you want created. Its as though its not saving these settings after running.

I'm running Windows XP, and its been doing this the last 3 versions I think. I'm running r324, and its installed in the normal Program Files folder.

The app works fine after I run through the wizard, its just annoying as hell that it doesn't save these settings. Any thoughts on what can be causing this?

- nul7 - 2009-06-21

AaronD Wrote:Hi,

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I have read a lot. I haven't seen anyone post about this problem - every time I start EMM, it runs through that dialog box you get the first time EMM runs. You know, where it asks for the path to folders or files, and what type of content you want created. Its as though its not saving these settings after running.

I'm running Windows XP, and its been doing this the last 3 versions I think. I'm running r324, and its installed in the normal Program Files folder.

The app works fine after I run through the wizard, its just annoying as hell that it doesn't save these settings. Any thoughts on what can be causing this?

Hmmm... it should do that once each time you upgrade or on a new install, but not each time you open it. The wizard displays when the version saved in the settings file does not match the current version of the program.... and the version is saved to settings when you close the program. So, either you're ending task on the program for whatever reason so it's not able to save, or there is an issue saving the settings on close for you.

Is it saving any of your settings? Two things to try:

1> Make sure Ember is closed, and open the settings.xml file in a text editor (ie notepad). Look for <Version>r###</Version> (should be the first actual setting in the file) and change it to read <Version>r324</Version>. Save the file, then reopen Ember.

OR

2> Delete the settings file completely, open Ember, cancel out of the wizard, then close Ember. Reopen Ember and see if the wizard runs again.

What version does it have saved in the settings file (just out of curiosity)? If neither of these fix the problem, enable error logging and see if an error log is created when you close Ember. If so, post it's contents so I can see what's happening.

- AaronD - 2009-06-21

I opened settings.xml in notepad, and saw the tag <version>r324</version> you mentioned. It contained all the paths I had set from the previous time it ran. I closed the file, and ran EMM and sure enough it started the wizard. I cancelled out, opened the settings.xml file, and now all the config has been reset (folders are gone) but it still contains the r324 version tag.

Then I deleted settings.xml and restarted EMM. Same thing, file created, version string set correctly, but after cancel out and restart it EMM it goes straight into the wizard.

Checked the log folder, and there was a errlog.txt file there that contained the following:

Quote:Title: Error
there is already another table or index with this name: tmp_movies
StackTrace: at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.ConnectDB(Boolean Reset)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 21/06/2009 7:40:15 p.m.
===========================================================================================

Any thing else I can try? I will try and upload the settings.xml file so you can see if there is anything strange about this file.

- nul7 - 2009-06-21

AaronD Wrote:I opened settings.xml in notepad, and saw the tag <version>r324</version> you mentioned. It contained all the paths I had set from the previous time it ran. I closed the file, and ran EMM and sure enough it started the wizard. I cancelled out, opened the settings.xml file, and now all the config has been reset (folders are gone) but it still contains the r324 version tag.

Then I deleted settings.xml and restarted EMM. Same thing, file created, version string set correctly, but after cancel out and restart it EMM it goes straight into the wizard.

Checked the log folder, and there was a errlog.txt file there that contained the following:

Any thing else I can try? I will try and upload the settings.xml file so you can see if there is anything strange about this file.

Hmmm your database is screwed up as well (probably screwed up from a previous version and hasn't been able to recover yet). At this point, I would suggest just deleting the entire folder and starting over with a fresh install of r324.

- themugger - 2009-06-21

Just tried latest SVN and trailer downloading is working like a charm. Still trying out all different combos but so far so good.

Also command line working a treat Big Grin