Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-06-26

Rastan Wrote:Hi, I have a big library with around 3000 titles. Up to now I have been using Media Companion and thought I would give Ember Media Manager a try. However I am having a few issues and am not sure if its something I am doing or a bug.

The first thing is when I try to scan my movies into it, not everything is being picked up. My setup is as follows:

Movies Archive/DVD1/(Then four movies will be loose in this folder)
Movies Archive/DVD2/(Then four movies will be loose in this folder)
Movies Archive/DVD3/(Then four movies will be loose in this folder)
...etc

Movies with subititles will have their own folder ie

Movies Archive/DVD3/Movie name/Movie.avi

All of my files have .nfo and .tbn and fanart already from Media Companion.
What puzzles me is that not all the movies are being picked up. I have Ember set to "Use Tiltle from NFO if Availabe" and "Scan Folder Recursively"

I can tell Media Companion to scan a folder and it will scan all subfolders and pick up the .nfo if available. It seems Ember doesnt like the way I have arranged my movie folders on my pc.

Secondly with posters is there no way to add the URL to an image online? Or do I have to manually download it and tell ember where it is?

I hope someone can shed some light. Thanks

Just out of curiosity, do you actually label the folders "DVD1", "DVD2", "DVD3", etc?? How do you keep track of what the movies are? lol

Anyway... should still work. Is it loading the movies into the list, just not loading the information? If that's the case, sounds like you probably have not set your file types or did not set them correctly. Can you verify that?

Or is it not loading the movies at all? If that's the case, please email me at jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com and attach your settings file and list a couple exact examples of how the folders/files are named for the ones not loading and I'll see what the problem is.

At this point, there is no way to input a URL to an image to download, but add it to the features list (so we don't forget) and we'll work on it. Wink

- nul7 - 2009-06-26

Cosmor Wrote:Can you import Native Studio Flags.
The old System with Studio.xml work not correct.
I have make a Pack with 917 Native Studio Flags you can import the Flags Rolleyes

Here can find you the Thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=358081&postcount=244

Sorry for my bad English Big Grin

The studio flags in Ember have nothing to do with the studio flags in XBMC or any skin. They are unrelated in how they operate, meaning nothing Ember does for creating the studio flag internally affects how XBMC creates the flag.

With that said I added support for the full studio name as the image name anyway. lol How it works now is that it will look for a studio image with the name of the studio... if none found, it will fall back to the Studios.xml. Best of both worlds, so to speak. Wink

- Rastan - 2009-06-26

nul7 Wrote:Just out of curiosity, do you actually label the folders "DVD1", "DVD2", "DVD3", etc?? How do you keep track of what the movies are? lol

Anyway... should still work. Is it loading the movies into the list, just not loading the information? If that's the case, sounds like you probably have not set your file types or did not set them correctly. Can you verify that?

Or is it not loading the movies at all? If that's the case, please email me at jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com and attach your settings file and list a couple exact examples of how the folders/files are named for the ones not loading and I'll see what the problem is.

At this point, there is no way to input a URL to an image to download, but add it to the features list (so we don't forget) and we'll work on it. Wink

Many thanks for the reply Nul7,
Sorry if I wasnt clear. My setup is like this, I have a partition with folders named DVD1, DVD2, DVD3 etc. Inside each DVD folder are four movies. For example in DVD1 would be:

Matrix1-cd1.avi
Matrix1-cd2.avi
Matrix1.tbn
Matrix1-cd1.nfo
Matrix1-fanart.jpg

Matrix2-cd1.avi
Matrix2-cd2.avi
Matrix2.tbn
Matrix2-cd1.nfo
Matrix2-fanart.jpg

Matrix3-cd1.avi
Matrix3-cd2.avi
Matrix3-tbn
Matrix3-cd1.nfo
Matrix3-fanart.jpg

Then there would be another folder with a movie with subs
The folder would be called Ong Bak2, Inside that folder there would be

Ong Bak 2.avi
Ong Bak 2.tbn
Ong Bak 2.nfo
Ong Bak 2.srt
Ong Bak 2-fanart.jpg

(I hope you understand how my movies are stored) Ember is only picking up a small percentage of my collection. The rest are all missing from the list.
I am not sure what you meant about "you probably have not set your file types or did not set them correctly" I couldnt find a tutorial on how to use the software so I am using trial and error...lol

I will also add the URL of image to the feature request list Big Grin

- flipped cracker - 2009-06-26

that's a really weird way to have your movies stored.

- nul7 - 2009-06-26

Rastan Wrote:Many thanks for the reply Nul7,
Sorry if I wasnt clear. My setup is like this, I have a partition with folders named DVD1, DVD2, DVD3 etc. Inside each DVD folder are four movies. For example in DVD1 would be:

Matrix1-cd1.avi
Matrix1-cd2.avi
Matrix1.tbn
Matrix1-cd1.nfo
Matrix1-fanart.jpg

Matrix2-cd1.avi
Matrix2-cd2.avi
Matrix2.tbn
Matrix2-cd1.nfo
Matrix2-fanart.jpg

Matrix3-cd1.avi
Matrix3-cd2.avi
Matrix3-tbn
Matrix3-cd1.nfo
Matrix3-fanart.jpg

Then there would be another folder with a movie with subs
The folder would be called Ong Bak2, Inside that folder there would be

Ong Bak 2.avi
Ong Bak 2.tbn
Ong Bak 2.nfo
Ong Bak 2.srt
Ong Bak 2-fanart.jpg

(I hope you understand how my movies are stored) Ember is only picking up a small percentage of my collection. The rest are all missing from the list.
I am not sure what you meant about "you probably have not set your file types or did not set them correctly" I couldnt find a tutorial on how to use the software so I am using trial and error...lol

I will also add the URL of image to the feature request list Big Grin

That should work. Can you email me your settings file? I'll look it over to see what could be the problem.

EDIT: Wait... maybe I'm misunderstanding..... you have all the matrix movies in one folder called "DVD1"?? If that's the case, that won't work.... you'd have to set "DVD1" as a separate file-type source. Does this folder structure even work with XBMC??

- rausch101 - 2009-06-26

Rastan Wrote:Inside each DVD folder are four movies.

I don't understand what this means either. Literal translation is that you have four feature films inside each folder named DVD#, which doesn't make sense.

- Rastan - 2009-06-26

flipped cracker Wrote:that's a really weird way to have your movies stored.

LOL Yeah. Its like that because they were all burnt to DVD disks and I am in the process of ripping them all to my hard drives. I have already ran out of hard drive space and am waiting for 2 terabyte hard drives to be cheaper so I can finish ripping them all. I arranged my movies in DVD folders so I can keep track of which DVD disks have been ripped.

@nul7 I will email you my settings file now Big Grin

- Rastan - 2009-06-26

nul7 Wrote:That should work. Can you email me your settings file? I'll look it over to see what could be the problem.

EDIT: Wait... maybe I'm misunderstanding..... you have all the matrix movies in one folder called "DVD1"?? If that's the case, that won't work.... you'd have to set "DVD1" as a separate file-type source. Does this folder structure even work with XBMC??

Yes you are right I have all Matrix movies on one folder called "DVD1" Both XBMC and Media Companion dont have any trouble with the way I have set out my folders. In fact it is working flawlessly. ....Damn thats a shame. This means that if I were to use Ember instead I would have to either

a) Move all my movies out of their DVD folders and put them in one big folder. Which isnt an option as it would make it difficult for me to track which DVD I have ripped to my hard drive.

or b) Add each DVD folder seperately which isnt practical as I am currently up to DVD 800.

Its a shame as Ember has a more features that I would find useful than Media Companion

- nul7 - 2009-06-26

Rastan Wrote:Yes you are right I have all Matrix movies on one folder called "DVD1" Both XBMC and Media Companion dont have any trouble with the way I have set out my folders. In fact it is working flawlessly. ....Damn thats a shame. This means that if I were to use Ember instead I would have to either

a) Move all my movies out of their DVD folders and put them in one big folder. Which isnt an option as it would make it difficult for me to track which DVD I have ripped to my hard drive.

or b) Add each DVD folder seperately which isnt practical as I am currently up to DVD 800.

Its a shame as Ember has a more features that I would find useful than Media Companion

Well... I'm just doing a bit of reading on this. Might be beneficial to re-write the whole file-type vs folder-type sources anyway. Let me see what I can come up with.

- midgetspy - 2009-06-26

olympia Wrote:There is no API for Apple movie trailers. It's not designed for scraping.
In top of that, most of the trailers are available only via ITunes.

Did you find a search feature in AMT plugin?
It's only able to play/download recently added trailers from the front page of Apple trailers.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/home/scripts/quickfind.php?callback=searchCallback&q=<keyword>

It would take a bit of magic to find the trailers from there but I can't imagine it being too difficult...

- Rastan - 2009-06-26

nul7 Wrote:Well... I'm just doing a bit of reading on this. Might be beneficial to re-write the whole file-type vs folder-type sources anyway. Let me see what I can come up with.

That sounds good!! I will keep my eyes peeled for any developments. Weither you manage to pull it off or not just wanted to say you have done and are doing a great job. Many thanks for your time and effort Big Grin

- olympia - 2009-06-27

midgetspy Wrote:http://www.apple.com/trailers/home/scripts/quickfind.php?callback=searchCallback&q=<keyword>

It would take a bit of magic to find the trailers from there but I can't imagine it being too difficult...

Yes, that's what I am speaking about. If you play around, you will see that a lot of trailers are only available via ITunes. You cannot scrape this.

And also, I was just mentioning that your reference to AMT plugin was wrong, as it is only dealing with recently added movies. So AMT cannot do what you are looking for(search and download any movies from apple trailers).

- AaronD - 2009-06-27

nul7 Wrote:Alright... I'll update the code.

EDIT: But there is a 1280 x 1080... all these odd resolutions are what makes it difficult to code for each variation

Is it possible to edit flags? Maybe you could code for the most likely option, e.g. 1280xHuh is always 720p, but allow people to choose from a list of available options to update the NFO if EMM gets it wrong.

- rausch101 - 2009-06-27

AaronD Wrote:Is it possible to edit flags? Maybe you could code for the most likely option, e.g. 1280xHuh is always 720p, but allow people to choose from a list of available options to update the NFO if EMM gets it wrong.

I think it should be whatever the native XBMC convention is

- venealis - 2009-06-27

is it possible to have EMM when running in auto or seaching for .nfo files to ignore the .Bluray or .* that designates in Auriga the movie type. question being something like ignore everything after <movie>.Bluray