Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- rausch101 - 2009-06-27

venealis Wrote:is it possible to have EMM when running in auto or seaching for .nfo files to ignore the .Bluray or .* that designates in Auriga the movie type. question being something like ignore everything after <movie>.Bluray

Yes, just put "Bluray" into Edit->Settings->General->Folder/File Name Filters. You can put whatever you want in there.

- venealis - 2009-06-27

rausch101 Wrote:Yes, just put "Bluray" into Edit->Settings->General->Folder/File Name Filters. You can put whatever you want in there.

perfect thanks.

- frieten - 2009-06-27

arghh just woke up and still no luck with ember picking up the trailers i added to TMDB.

spent ages last night doing it i added like 150 movie trailers onto there lol. Sad

- uncertainty - 2009-06-27

frieten Wrote:arghh just woke up and still no luck with ember picking up the trailers i added to TMDB.

spent ages last night doing it i added like 150 movie trailers onto there lol. Sad

Thats ok frieten....its in Alpha stage still so all the feedback we provide helps the beta people....

- frieten - 2009-06-27

yeah but im not sure if its a problem with ember, or with TMDB. its picked up about 5 trailers of the ones i added last night over at TMDB.

if i add the youtube URL to the trailer URL part in edit movie in ember, will it show the trailer thru XBMC or does the trailer need to be local?

also another idea i had, i get alot of movies that contain samples, can i just rename the samples to trailers to use them as trailers?

- AaronD - 2009-06-27

rausch101 Wrote:I think it should be whatever the native XBMC convention is

But what if you don't agree with what XBMC uses as its convention? The whole point of EMM is to provide a simple way to edit information stored in the NFOs, so why shouldn't you be able to edit this information to control what XBMC uses as well? A nice simple drop down list box instead of having to remember the valid tags would be great.

- frieten - 2009-06-27

ok found a possible bug (well my girlfriend did lol) if when searching for a trailer to download with ember it can't find something, it can possibly be because TMDB brings back to many results for that movie.

IE with blood diamond, when you search for that on TMDB, it brings back alot of results and blood diamond isn't the first on the list.

so being the smart beautiful girl she is (yeah shes right here next to me lol) she came up with the idea of putting the year in the title thru ember.

so i went to edit movie and called it blood diamond (2006) and even though it already knew it was in 2006, it found the trailer when searching for trailer lol.

so thats just a little tip for anyone else having trouble finding em Smile

another thing, can we add an option to download the trailer manually from youtube. IE where it says trailer URL, can we put the youtube url there and then have it download like it does when it searches for them automatically.

that way it will still download the trailers and store them locally.

- nul7 - 2009-06-27

frieten Wrote:ok found a possible bug (well my girlfriend did lol) if when searching for a trailer to download with ember it can't find something, it can possibly be because TMDB brings back to many results for that movie.

IE with blood diamond, when you search for that on TMDB, it brings back alot of results and blood diamond isn't the first on the list.

so being the smart beautiful girl she is (yeah shes right here next to me lol) she came up with the idea of putting the year in the title thru ember.

so i went to edit movie and called it blood diamond (2006) and even though it already knew it was in 2006, it found the trailer when searching for trailer lol.

so thats just a little tip for anyone else having trouble finding em Smile

another thing, can we add an option to download the trailer manually from youtube. IE where it says trailer URL, can we put the youtube url there and then have it download like it does when it searches for them automatically.

Ember uses the IMDB ID to get the data from TMDB... doesn't send the title at all. Did you rescan IMDB data for the movie first?

- Evanrich - 2009-06-27

Not sure if this has been covered, although i did a search for TV, and television, but why in the screenshots does it show TV and music, yet you can only do movies so far? is this coming, or was that just a photoshop mockup? MIP is sucking on my vista box, and ember looks much bettter, just need it to manage my tv shows and we'll be golden!

- nul7 - 2009-06-27

Evanrich Wrote:Not sure if this has been covered, although i did a search for TV, and television, but why in the screenshots does it show TV and music, yet you can only do movies so far? is this coming, or was that just a photoshop mockup? MIP is sucking on my vista box, and ember looks much bettter, just need it to manage my tv shows and we'll be golden!

They were just (inoperative) placeholders which have been removed in recent versions. Some day we'll get to the TV section..... some day.......

EDIT: I'll update the screen shot after the next release.

- nul7 - 2009-06-27

frieten Wrote:another thing, can we add an option to download the trailer manually from youtube. IE where it says trailer URL, can we put the youtube url there and then have it download like it does when it searches for them automatically.

This just sunk in.... good idea. I'll try to get that in next release.

EDIT: Done!

- frieten - 2009-06-27

nul7 Wrote:This just sunk in.... good idea. I'll try to get that in next release.

awesome cant wait Smile

- steve1977 - 2009-06-27

nul7 Wrote:This just sunk in.... good idea. I'll try to get that in next release.

EDIT: Done!

Somewhat like the idea as it will allow me in a fast way to add the movies. Only unfortunate part is that it will slow down growth of the tmdb when it comes to trailer links.

- steve1977 - 2009-06-27

frieten Wrote:yeah but im not sure if its a problem with ember, or with TMDB. its picked up about 5 trailers of the ones i added last night over at TMDB.

I could imagine two reasons leading to this. One is the time-out time. Per default it is set to 2sec, give it a try with 5sec. The other thing is that I read somewhere that tmdb doesnt update the API real-time, but only once a day or so. So potentially if you scrape again overnight today, it should be working.

I will also be adding 200 trailers next weekend, so this will probably grow quite fast.

- frieten - 2009-06-27

steve1977 Wrote:Somewhat like the idea as it will allow me in a fast way to add the movies. Only unfortunate part is that it will slow down growth of the tmdb when it comes to trailer links.

yeah thats true but i think the problem with TMDB is alot of people spend time putting in trailer links only to have them taken down off youtube itself for copyright or whatever other reason, that was the main thing i found when i was going thru last night.

but i updated at least 150 movies last night with trailers and there slowly showing up thru ember now heh.

steve1977 Wrote:I could imagine two reasons leading to this. One is the time-out time. Per default it is set to 2sec, give it a try with 5sec. The other thing is that I read somewhere that tmdb doesnt update the API real-time, but only once a day or so. So potentially if you scrape again overnight today, it should be working.

I will also be adding 200 trailers next weekend, so this will probably grow quite fast.

also yeah my timeout timer is set to like 30 secs lol.