Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- MrDVD - 2009-06-27

midgetspy Wrote:720p. I have a bunch of movies like that... 1280xHuh is *all* 720p, no matter the vertical resolution. 1280x544, for example is 720p at 2.35:1.

Thx great, i just checked some of my movies and found that r422 did here the same. A 1280x544 movie is displayed as 576p.

- meanstreak - 2009-06-27

Hi.

I am using r459. Since the earlier versions (r422 I think), the trailer searching has rapidly spiralled downhill. I am in France and with the earlier version was getting superb results with mattfind? now it's just the *very* occasional youtube return.

Incidentally - can we use mattrailer.com still - it has truck loads of trailers up there.

What is the current state of play with trailers can someone lemme know?

thanks

Brent

- uncertainty - 2009-06-27

meanstreak Wrote:Hi.

I am using r459. Since the earlier versions (r422 I think), the trailer searching has rapidly spiralled downhill. I am in France and with the earlier version was getting superb results with mattfind? now it's just the *very* occasional youtube return.

Incidentally - can we use mattrailer.com still - it has truck loads of trailers up there.

What is the current state of play with trailers can someone lemme know?

thanks

Brent

mattrailer.com was down for me the other day so that might have been the cause...

- nul7 - 2009-06-27

IMDB changed the layout of their videos page and no longer supports external trailer pages. That's how it was grabbing the trailers, by scraping that page (since the trailer sites don't allow searching by IMDB ID, it was the only way to be sure that it was the correct trailer). So the only sites that work any more are IMDB and YouTube/TMDB.

uncertainty - yeah but today mattrailers was up and it's still not scanning it when I know the trailers exist there.

Also.. Is there a way to automate the MPAA ratings - as in I have all the UK ratings shown in certifiaction eg UK:12, but I have to manually go into each of the 826 films and select the MPAA rating from the list even though the exact rating is shown (but not highlighted) - I tried scanning just the MPAA option in custom but all that does is scan it into the certification field.

It was working sweet but for some bizarre reason I auto updated media flags which promptly wiped out all the NFO's for all films leaving just film name and codec info.

oh and one last also - can there be an option for locking the MPAA / cert field so I don't have to do this again and the MPAA shouldnt really change unless there is an unrated or extreme edition released?

many thanks for a cracking prog

Brent

@ nul7

Can't we taker the risk and scrape using file / folder name - and thereby open up a plethora of trailer sites. I realise that there can and will be a certain amount of "wrong" trailers scraped but I for one would happily take the risk Smile

heh it ain't the first and won't be the last time I got the wrong trailer for a film, liked the trailer so much that I got the film after lol

cheers

Brent

- frieten - 2009-06-27

argghh this is frustrating me to no end. i just spend ages getting it all set up with ember and getting fanart/posters/trailers etc.

now i go into xbmc and add the movies folder thru videos, set content to movies and there not showing up in my library Sad

can anyone help me with what settings i need to use in XBMC to get it to add all the movies to the movie library using the ember files?

- frieten - 2009-06-27

ok i just read what i typed and it sorta makes no sense lol so im gonna try and explain better.

basically when i set source in videos it scans the movies and then downloads the info for the movie, i dont want it to download the info since i used ember to set it all up already! so xbmc is going to overwrite all the stuff i just did with ember and i dont want it doing that! how do i stop this?

edit: nvm im an idiot and havn't had enough sleep, i had it set to scan the folder as one video lol.

- bobrap - 2009-06-27

Let the flames begin...but, I just don't understand the fascination with trailers.Huh I already know the plot of my movies, so why would I want to see a excerpt? For me, I'd rather see more effort put into the TV side of things. Just my nickles worth, no offense to those who want trailersBig Grin

- Rocky5 - 2009-06-28

Great App but needs TV Shows implemented seems to work fine to one problem i did notice is if i update all my nfo files with your built in tool some of my movies done have names (unknown movie) or the have the name of the first movie in my collection apart from that it worked great used it to update my library with new info thank you.

it would be good if they used the id and name from the old nfo and asked you if you wanted to update the title as this was the only problem i could find.

- RockDawg - 2009-06-28

nul7 Wrote:Well, it won't if the main video is spread across multiple vobs. Although, we could make it scan all vobs and add them together.

EDIT: What is the parent folder name for these files? If it's "VIDEO_TS" then all the files should continue to be named video_ts.ext.... unless you have movie.ext enabled (which you must not).

So with standard DVD file structure, the media info won't be accurate?

In case you missed my response earlier, my folder structure is:

E:\300/VIDEO_TS.ifo
E:\300/VTS_01_1.vob
E:\300/VTS_01_2.vob
E:\300/VTS_o1_3.vob
etc.

- steve1977 - 2009-06-28

nul7 Wrote:IMDB changed the layout of their videos page and no longer supports external trailer pages. That's how it was grabbing the trailers, by scraping that page (since the trailer sites don't allow searching by IMDB ID, it was the only way to be sure that it was the correct trailer). So the only sites that work any more are IMDB and YouTube/TMDB.

While of course this is a huge disappointment (particularly given all the hard work that went in coding it), I dont think it is that bad from a user perspective.

Youtube has by far the largest variety of trailers and even offers them in HD. I dont see many (if any) cases with the trailer being removed due to copyright or other issues.

Bottom-line, we all just need to keep on adding official trailer links to tmdb and we are in best shape. At the same time, we need to discipline ourselves to find the highest quality and best trailer in youtube that no crappy quality and/or samples instead of trailers end up in tmdb.

Two more requests (hoping tmdb and tvdb folks reading here):

1) TMDB: Could the update of the API for trailer links happen automatically and can the validity of the link be checked (so if the youtube video gets removed, the links disappaears as well)

2) TVDB: any chance to include trailer links and also support for the new art formats of AEON. Believe that both also needs to be "linked" with XBMC, but one of the developers mentioned in a thread that XBMC follows as long as TVDB implements.

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

- frieten - 2009-06-28

bobrap Wrote:Let the flames begin...but, I just don't understand the fascination with trailers.Huh I already know the plot of my movies, so why would I want to see a excerpt? For me, I'd rather see more effort put into the TV side of things. Just my nickles worth, no offense to those who want trailersBig Grin

im the same mate im the same, but i have alot of people come over for "movie nights" and drinks etc in the home theater room and it either takes 40mins to figure out what to watch or i show em a few trailers of movies that i know they will like and it takes 10mins to pick lol.

trailers just make it a hell of alot easier to decide on what to watch for the people that havn't heard of half the movies i have up either because they havn't been released where i am yet or there just unheard of.

even with plotlines and stuff i still get friends whinge and complain that they dont know if it will be good or not lol.

- frieten - 2009-06-28

nul7 Wrote:This just sunk in.... good idea. I'll try to get that in next release.

EDIT: Done!

hey mate have you got this out in a release yet? want to go thru and get all my trailers heh.

is r422 the latest?

- olympia - 2009-06-28

frieten Wrote:hey mate have you got this out in a release yet? want to go thru and get all my trailers heh.

is r422 the latest?

Yes, r422 is the latest release.
We will include major updates in the next release, but still have some difficulties to solve. But I guess it will be out soon...