Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- kautious - 2009-07-03

Thanks for the tip!!! Nul7
I'll wait until you post one on your Google page

- smcnally75 - 2009-07-03

Yeah, I'm waiting too...don't feel like installing anything else on my HTPC to compile it.

- nul7 - 2009-07-03

Only about 12 hours or so till release so you don't have to wait too long (well, relative to how long it's taken to get this release out, anyway lol).

- smcnally75 - 2009-07-03

Not a problem at all, I can wait for it. If I get impatient then I'll grab the software and compile it Smile

- bobrap - 2009-07-04

Thank you very much!!!

- proctor - 2009-07-04

Hi, I just built R583 from svn.

The 'Edit Movie' dialog does not save changes after you press 'OK'.

- nul7 - 2009-07-04

proctor Wrote:Hi, I just built R583 from svn.

The 'Edit Movie' dialog does not save changes after you press 'OK'.

Strange... working fine for me. Please enable error logging and try again, then post the contents of /Log/errlog.txt.

EDIT: I guess I'll rely on my psychic abilities to try to figure out what happened and say it was user error. lol

- proctor - 2009-07-04

I did more testing and it seems to only affect Duplicate Movies. BTW, that filter option is brilliant.

I have a lot of "Behind the scenes" and other DVD special features that get scraped as a duplicate. So I'm just trying to edit the Title field to add a descriptor for those files.

- nul7 - 2009-07-04

proctor Wrote:I did more testing and it seems to only affect Duplicate Movies. BTW, that filter option is brilliant.

I have a lot of "Behind the scenes" and other DVD special features that get scraped as a duplicate. So I'm just trying to edit the Title field to add a descriptor for those files.

Check your settings regarding file-types, also, upgrade from SVN as there are some changes around loading of files that should make it more clear whether you have your settings correct or not.

- proctor - 2009-07-04

Aha! It was happening because I am using 'movie.nfo' and there was more than one file in a single folder, some of which had <movie>.nfo files created from a previous media manager. I guess I will have to do some server cleanup.

- nul7 - 2009-07-04

r596 and Extras 09 are in the first post Once again, our biggest update yet. Almost everything was re-written or tweaked in some way or another. This version should be at least 90% compatible with XBMC's native media flagging.... there may be a few codecs that need conversion still (we don't have every file type in our libraries. Wink). So let us know if you find a codec that is not compatible with XBMC (as well as what it should be converted to) so we can get them all fixed by next release.

As usual, we will be in feature freeze for at least the next release. Please report any bugs that you find here: http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/issues/list so we can get them knocked out.

Thanks to everyone for their support, bug reports, and feature requests!

- nul7 - 2009-07-04

proctor Wrote:Aha! It was happening because I am using 'movie.nfo' and there was more than one file in a single folder, some of which had <movie>.nfo files created from a previous media manager. I guess I will have to do some server cleanup.

Yes.... was thinking about this a few mins ago and will add options in a future release to be able to set if you only want to use <movie>.ext if there is more than one file in the folder. That way, you can set both <movie>.ext and movie.ext and it will only create one or the other based on the folder's "single" status instead of it creating both files. If that makes any sense....

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-04

nul7
what is the XBMC Communication ? how it works?

M

- nul7 - 2009-07-04

mfsav2 Wrote:nul7
what is the XBMC Communication ? how it works?

M

You put in the ip, port, username, and pw for each XBMC installation you have.

Then, look in the upper right corner of Ember's main screen and you'll see a button labeled "Initiate XBMC Update". If you click that it will send the command to all your XBMC installations to begin a library update. Or you can click the little arrow on the button and select one particular XBMC installation to send the command to.

In the future, we hope to support more communication features, but that's all it does for now.

Offline DVD management: feature request - m.savazzi - 2009-07-04

nul7,
I have a huge (+1000 titles) offline library and I cannot re input all dvd.
I have them in another program.

I can generate a list with title - imdb url (if available)

Request 1:
Can the Offline DVD take this list and process it generating the folders etc...
if the IMDB is not available than it should be managed as a "home made" (otherwise IMDB could return crappy info) so wallpaper etc generated from the video.

something like a Batch Offline DVD generator!

Request 2:
for folder title I need to add to the name the year in () to avoid confusion on movies with the same title (example: Twilight). Can you add a flag to do it?
The year should be taken by IMDB (or in my case I can export it too)

Thanks for the help.