Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- phil65 - 2009-05-10

Beatzeps08 Wrote:Wow, nice work!
Could it be possible to add an OFdb scraper for some main informations as in Media Info Plus? So title, imdb id etc can be scraped from imdb. OFdb saves for every movie the IMdb-ID so you can connect both scrapers maybe...? (ofdb.de)

yeah, i´d like that, too.

- Nazgulled - 2009-05-10

nul7 Wrote:lol I will release it, I promise. I just want to clean things up and comment everything before I do. I hope to be satisfied enough to go open source next weekend.
I agree with you man... I'm just like you, I like my code clean and tidy before releasing it to the public. I understand what you are saying and I think you're doing the right thing Smile

- Fobmyxeer - 2009-05-10

Posters and fanart working fine again in 0.22, thank you. A little more feedback:

1. Is the timeout error message for downloading posters and no posters found the same? One movie took long time and eventually said the standard "no posters found" but when I rechecked it found a poster.

2. I can't scrape American Psycho, the IMDB finder sees it but it fails halfway through. Here is the error log:

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\User\Videos\Filmer\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD.nfo'.
StackTrace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.SaveMovieToNFO(Movie movieToSave, String nfoFile)
Date/Time: 2009-05-10 17:43:42
===========================================================================================

3. Feature: AJAX-style search/selection box in the left column?

Keep up the good work!

- Tension113 - 2009-05-10

Wow nice work on this.. Very clean and easy to use..

Not sure if it's been brought up or if it's just me, but clicking the auto pilot/media tags only, seems to update the entire collection to which ever movie is highlighted at the time.. I can refresh them one by one, just fine.. but the auto pilot is taking the highlighted movie and applying it to all of them.. (just the media flags)

Is it me?

Steady progress - AnalogKid - 2009-05-10

Just update from 017 to 022... steady progress! :-)

I'm slightly curious as to why my fanart isn't displayed as a backdrop, but the thumb is visible (both are 'found' by EMM).... the screenshot in the opening post seems to suggest it should be displayed.

Also, the issue still remains with having downloaded scraped new content, but this not being reflected in the tick box columns (not until a rescan of media is performed).

Lack of explicit save is still troubling me too...but I can live with it, and it's your app!

I've been recommending this app to others, although MIP seems to be defacto simply by nature of it being around a while. This app's the one for me, it's small, portable, fast and just neat and tidy!

Once again, great work! Looking forward to adding some feature requests later, but I think you are of the same mind as me.... better to get the current functionality 100% perfect before venturing into significant extentions... and buys some time to figure out how to be extensible without having a UI from hell!

Keep up the great work! - It's very much appreciated

- nul7 - 2009-05-10

Beatzeps08 Wrote:Wow, nice work!
Could it be possible to add an OFdb scraper for some main informations as in Media Info Plus? So title, imdb id etc can be scraped from imdb. OFdb saves for every movie the IMdb-ID so you can connect both scrapers maybe...? (ofdb.de)

I hope to soon be able to use any scraper that XBMC supports (using the same scraper XMLs). A user here, Nicezia, wrote an open source library to utilize XBMCs scrapers. I'm currently tweaking it a little, then I'll send it back to him to look over. Once everything is fully working, I'll add it to EMM.

Fobmyxeer Wrote:Posters and fanart working fine again in 0.22, thank you. A little more feedback:

1. Is the timeout error message for downloading posters and no posters found the same? One movie took long time and eventually said the standard "no posters found" but when I rechecked it found a poster.

2. I can't scrape American Psycho, the IMDB finder sees it but it fails halfway through. Here is the error log:

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\User\Videos\Filmer\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD.nfo'.
StackTrace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.SaveMovieToNFO(Movie movieToSave, String nfoFile)
Date/Time: 2009-05-10 17:43:42
===========================================================================================

3. Feature: AJAX-style search/selection box in the left column?

Keep up the good work!

1> Yes. If it times out looking for images, it will state no posters/fanart found

2> Is "C:\Users\User\Videos\Filmer\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD.nfo" a valid path? Is this the only movie that won't save?

3> Added to the To Do list.

Thanks.

Nazgulled Wrote:I agree with you man... I'm just like you, I like my code clean and tidy before releasing it to the public. I understand what you are saying and I think you're doing the right thing Smile

lol Thanks. Sloppy code is embarrassing! It's like having a dirty house when company comes over. lol I think my current code is decent, but there are a few areas that are "get it working" code that could use some optimization. Right now, my code house is pretty clean, but I have a couple small piles of dirty laundry in the corners. lol

Tension113 Wrote:Wow nice work on this.. Very clean and easy to use..

Not sure if it's been brought up or if it's just me, but clicking the auto pilot/media tags only, seems to update the entire collection to which ever movie is highlighted at the time.. I can refresh them one by one, just fine.. but the auto pilot is taking the highlighted movie and applying it to all of them.. (just the media flags)

Is it me?

Hmmm.... I'll take a look at it. Thanks for letting me know.

- nul7 - 2009-05-10

AnalogKid Wrote:Just update from 017 to 022... steady progress! :-)

I'm slightly curious as to why my fanart isn't displayed as a backdrop, but the thumb is visible (both are 'found' by EMM).... the screenshot in the opening post seems to suggest it should be displayed.

Also, the issue still remains with having downloaded scraped new content, but this not being reflected in the tick box columns (not until a rescan of media is performed).

Lack of explicit save is still troubling me too...but I can live with it, and it's your app!

I've been recommending this app to others, although MIP seems to be defacto simply by nature of it being around a while. This app's the one for me, it's small, portable, fast and just neat and tidy!

Once again, great work! Looking forward to adding some feature requests later, but I think you are of the same mind as me.... better to get the current functionality 100% perfect before venturing into significant extentions... and buys some time to figure out how to be extensible without having a UI from hell!

Keep up the great work! - It's very much appreciated

That's odd, the fanart SHOULD be showing in the back ground. What is your folder structure and what is it saving the fanart as?

The check boxes should update after editing the movies (I'm pretty sure during Auto-Pilots as well, but I don't remember... didn't get enough sleep last night. lol I'll look into it), but it sounds like there is some other issue here. Need to figure out why fanart isn't displaying and that will probably point us in the right direction. Do you have an error log?

I guess I'm mis-understanding what you mean by an explicit save. As I mentioned before, for "Edit Movies" it doesn't save unless you hit "OK". Are you talking about the scrapers? Say, run through one of the Auto-Pilots, but nothing is actually saved to the files until you hit a "Save" button?

Thanks for the feedback, recommendations, and compliments. Hopefully the people you recommend it to aren't TOOOO disappointed when they try to use it. LOL

- azido - 2009-05-10

midgetspy Wrote:Why grab keyframes? There's no reason that a thumb on a keyframe would be any more relevant than a thumb on any other frame.

there is. a key frame always holds the COMPLETE picture, while any other frame might only have partial info. you're right when it comes to uncompressed, full hd content, but as soon as you have any compressor applied on encoding or have interlaced content keyframes will be the only ones with a full picture.

- AnalogKid - 2009-05-10

Folder structure is:

Movies
-- 8 Mile (2002)
---- 8 Mile (2002).avi
---- 8 Mile (2002).nfo
---- 8 Mile (2002).tbn
---- fanart.jpg
---- poster.jpg

EMM manages to scan all correctly, and displays the correct checkboxes for Media, Poster, Fanart and Info
In the movie details pain (image wise)... I see only the tbn/poster

I have no error log, no errors exist.
Fanart is 1920x1080 (240K)

Scraper settings are all disabled except for "Use Studio Tags"

Total number of movies is 2000+, I thought this might be a resource problem, but it's not... I set up a small test folder, same issue on all movies

By explicit save... I mean that if I choose 'rescrape IMDB'... the downloaded NFO is automatically saved without my say so. I can live with this, just think it's questionable... would be nice to ask the user if they really want to save it.

Another issue... if you sort on the 'Name' column (reverse alphabetical)... the list index seems to get confused and points to the wrong movie data. I might NOT be the index... but some other bug, but regardless, it can show the wrong movie data.... this isn't JUST after changing the sort... it's whenever I select the first item in the list... it gives me the wrong movie

I'd also stop the check box columns from being resizeable (it's ok for Name though), and disable the television and music tabs (keep visible, but grey out for the moment)

- Fobmyxeer - 2009-05-10

nul7 Wrote:2> Is "C:\Users\User\Videos\Filmer\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD\American.Psycho.2000.720p.BluRay.x264-CDDHD.nfo" a valid path? Is this the only movie that won't save?

I ended up chaning the folder and movie name and that made it work. The path was valid and I saw the .nfo file. It was the only movie I had a scraper problem with so far.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-10

OK I just switched from 18 to 22 and it's going a lot smoother. The fanart/thumb are now being copied out of my Temp folder and to the movie folder but the extrathumbs dir still just disappears. It is created in the Temp folder and the images are placed there but then when I click OK in EMM22 it just goes away and never gets moved to the movie's folder. No errors in the log.

Also I would still like to see the resolution in the selection dialog for posters. Having them displayed as they are now saves me from opening them up in the GIMP but still mean I have to select them then go back and forth to find the highest res one.

WRT having some of them labeled and some of them not, you just need some kind of indication that multiple sizes are available for those posters. So every poster would either have dimensions or else indicate that multiple dimensions are available.

- nul7 - 2009-05-10

AnalogKid Wrote:Folder structure is:

Movies
-- 8 Mile (2002)
---- 8 Mile (2002).avi
---- 8 Mile (2002).nfo
---- 8 Mile (2002).tbn
---- fanart.jpg
---- poster.jpg

EMM manages to scan all correctly, and displays the correct checkboxes for Media, Poster, Fanart and Info
In the movie details pain (image wise)... I see only the tbn/poster

I have no error log, no errors exist.
Fanart is 1920x1080 (240K)

Scraper settings are all disabled except for "Use Studio Tags"

Total number of movies is 2000+, I thought this might be a resource problem, but it's not... I set up a small test folder, same issue on all movies

I see the problem... you're using a mix of <movie>.ext and movie.ext. The way I have it coded, it's either one or the other. On first load, it checks for both, but during program usage, it uses one or the other. Right now, it appears you have it set for <movie>.ext so it picks ups the media, poster and nfo. If you set it for movie.ext it would only pick up the fanart (I'll have support for jpg extension on posters in the next version).

I'll try to come up with something to load a mix, but to keep things clean/simplistic, I'll probably only support saving to one or the other.

AnalogKid Wrote:By explicit save... I mean that if I choose 'rescrape IMDB'... the downloaded NFO is automatically saved without my say so. I can live with this, just think it's questionable... would be nice to ask the user if they really want to save it.

Gotcha... I'll try to come up with something.

EDIT: How about I just load the Edit Movie dialog with the scraped results... then you can edit them however you like, too. If you hit OK it saves.... hit cancel, it's back to the old data?

AnalogKid Wrote:Another issue... if you sort on the 'Name' column (reverse alphabetical)... the list index seems to get confused and points to the wrong movie data. I might NOT be the index... but some other bug, but regardless, it can show the wrong movie data.... this isn't JUST after changing the sort... it's whenever I select the first item in the list... it gives me the wrong movie

Didn't notice that one. I'll check it out. Probably happened when I introduced using up/down keys to navigate the list.

AnalogKid Wrote:I'd also stop the check box columns from being resizeable (it's ok for Name though), and disable the television and music tabs (keep visible, but grey out for the moment)

lol They're not supposed to be resizable, aside from the name column. What did I dooooHuh

Fobmyxeer Wrote:I ended up chaning the folder and movie name and that made it work. The path was valid and I saw the .nfo file. It was the only movie I had a scraper problem with so far.

That's strange. I'll emulate the folder structure and see if I can figure out what happened. Thanks for letting me know.

midgetspy Wrote:OK I just switched from 18 to 22 and it's going a lot smoother. The fanart/thumb are now being copied out of my Temp folder and to the movie folder but the extrathumbs dir still just disappears. It is created in the Temp folder and the images are placed there but then when I click OK in EMM22 it just goes away and never gets moved to the movie's folder. No errors in the log.

Gah... I forgot to account for the extrathumbs when I re-wrote the saving code for posters/fanart. Sorry about that. I'll fix that for the next version.

midgetspy Wrote:Also I would still like to see the resolution in the selection dialog for posters. Having them displayed as they are now saves me from opening them up in the GIMP but still mean I have to select them then go back and forth to find the highest res one.

WRT having some of them labeled and some of them not, you just need some kind of indication that multiple sizes are available for those posters. So every poster would either have dimensions or else indicate that multiple dimensions are available.

Ok, good idea. I'll put the labels back on them and just have "(Multiple)" for the ones that have multiple sizes available. Again, just to be clear, I can't display the sizes of the ones from TMDB because it's not downloading them until after you select the size you want and hit OK.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-10

Awesome, great work.

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but are there any plans to scrape trailers? IMDB trailers don't work for non-US users so scraping AMT would be amazing if it was possible.

- nul7 - 2009-05-10

midgetspy Wrote:Awesome, great work.

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but are there any plans to scrape trailers? IMDB trailers don't work for non-US users so scraping AMT would be amazing if it was possible.

If there is a scraper for XBMC that can do it, EMM will be able to soon. Otherwise, is there an example somewhere of scraping from AMT? And by "AMT" you're referring to the AMT plugin, right? lol As I mentioned earlier, I don't use trailers so I know nothing about anything related to them.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-10

Well AMT = Apple Movie Trailers. I don't think there is an XBMC scraper for it, no.

I don't know how the Apple Movie Trailers plugin for XBMC works (does apple have an API? Is it scraping HTML/RSS?) but I'd think you could just steal the functionality from there.

TBH I've never used trailers either because they can't be automatically scraped outside of the US (afaik) and it would be way too much work to do it manually. But if they could be scraped by EMM that would be fantastic.