Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-07-08

flipped cracker Wrote:it'd be really nice if there were keyboard shortcuts. like enter would open the edit movie window.

it'd also be nice to have to option to only show original size fanarts. i'm probably never gonna use anything but the full size.

Check the "Only" option next to the fanart preferred size setting.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:ok, same goes for ac3,
<codec>a_ac3</codec> should be <codec>ac3</codec>
I will let you know if I find some more.

Also wanted to ask if there is any chance for checked box in trailers, if you only have trailer URL in nfo for trailer, but not actual trailer offline, currently box is only checked for local trailers.

Contrary something reversed for subtitles, which would checked Subtitles box if EMM detected any external subtitles (those actualy not muxed in container) by filename*.extension (.srt,.sub and other common subtitle types)

for example
moviename.avi
moviename.English.srt

would have sub box checked.

Thanks, I caught "a_ac3" yesterday and already fixed in SVN. Wink

The check boxes are for folder contents and are not meant to be an indication of what's in the nfo (that's what the rest of the interface is for Wink), so checking the box if a trailer is stored in the nfo is counter-intuitive.

For the Subtitles... this is actually what it does: detects the subtitle files, not internal subs. The "problem" is that it's looking for exact filename, so the addition of ".English" is throwing it off. I'll see if I can't come up with something for that.

- neurosis13 - 2009-07-08

did anybody mention that after each upgrade you need to set your drives again in the setup, emm seems to loose this config after upgrading.

- patkhoo - 2009-07-08

nul7 Wrote:Combining the duration from a stacked set is not supported in Ember, yet. We'll work on that after the feature freeze.

Hey thanks a lot! That's great.. I'd much prefer the actual runtime from MI.dll to scraping from IMDB or whatever.. There's Theatrical Cut, Director's Cut, minor diff versions for Code 1/Code 3/Code X DVD rips... Waiting with bated breath Smile

- nul7 - 2009-07-08

neurosis13 Wrote:did anybody mention that after each upgrade you need to set your drives again in the setup, emm seems to loose this config after upgrading.

It's because they're stored in the db now, and we've been force deleting the db for the last couple versions. Shouldn't happen again.

- nul7 - 2009-07-08

We've set up a website for Ember (embermm.com) and if anyone is willing to help out (add to the wiki, graphic/web design, suggestions, etc) please let us know. The wiki is open at this point... you just need to register to be able to edit it. We're testing the current wiki implementation out, but may move to a standalone if it doesn't provide the features we need (so if it really sucks, tell us about it... it will help in our decision).

Over the next couple of days, we'll slowly be transitioning from the Google Code page to the new site, so bare with us (Google Code will still provide the SVN repo and download server, but everything else will be served from the new site). For all new feature requests and bug reports, please use the issue tracking on embermm.com instead of the Google Code page.

- rausch101 - 2009-07-08

"Use Certification for MPAA" doesn't seem to be working for me. (r626)

I have quite a few movies that aren't returning any mpaa tag (but do have the certification tag) and as a result the rating is not displaying in xbmc. I've tried removing the nfo completely, removing just the certification tag, updating only the certification/mpaa all to no avail.

Some movies that have this problem:

"Aladdin (1992)"
"Back to the Future (1985)"
"Blazing Saddles (1974)"

Any suggestions? Or is this a bug?

trailer problems - meanstreak - 2009-07-08

Hi

Are there any ongoing problems with trailers still?

I was using r626 and have now SVN'ed to r635. When I try to get trailers the normal search comes up with 0 results (normal for me been like it for aeons) so if I go to youtube and get find the trailer (which exists in bucketloads) and copy / paste the URL it doesn't download. What it does do is looks like it starts to download the trailer but the bar doesn't fill, then bounces back to the edit movie screen with local trailer found (even though it doesn't exist). When I press OK or cancel it doesn't tick the trailer box and upon re-entering the edit movie screen no trailer exists.

any ideas? It worked before the r626 upgrade this way just fine and my setting are all correct. No mention at all in the log either

tnx

Brent

update - scratch that I think it's a permissions error on my NAS Sad

- nul7 - 2009-07-08

rausch101 Wrote:"Use Certification for MPAA" doesn't seem to be working for me. (r626)

I have quite a few movies that aren't returning any mpaa tag (but do have the certification tag) and as a result the rating is not displaying in xbmc. I've tried removing the nfo completely, removing just the certification tag, updating only the certification/mpaa all to no avail.

Some movies that have this problem:

"Aladdin (1992)"
"Back to the Future (1985)"
"Blazing Saddles (1974)"

Any suggestions? Or is this a bug?

Hmmm.... I'll take a look at it.

meanstreak Wrote:Hi

Are there any ongoing problems with trailers still?

I was using r626 and have now SVN'ed to r635. When I try to get trailers the normal search comes up with 0 results (normal for me been like it for aeons) so if I go to youtube and get find the trailer (which exists in bucketloads) and copy / paste the URL it doesn't download. What it does do is looks like it starts to download the trailer but the bar doesn't fill, then bounces back to the edit movie screen with local trailer found (even though it doesn't exist). When I press OK or cancel it doesn't tick the trailer box and upon re-entering the edit movie screen no trailer exists.

any ideas? It worked before the r626 upgrade this way just fine and my setting are all correct. No mention at all in the log either

tnx

Brent

update - scratch that I think it's a permissions error on my NAS Sad

Can you confirm whether this was an error with Ember or a permissions problem?

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-07-08

nul7 Wrote:Check the "Only" option next to the fanart preferred size setting.

Thanks, I caught "a_ac3" yesterday and already fixed in SVN. Wink

The check boxes are for folder contents and are not meant to be an indication of what's in the nfo (that's what the rest of the interface is for Wink), so checking the box if a trailer is stored in the nfo is counter-intuitive.

For the Subtitles... this is actually what it does: detects the subtitle files, not internal subs. The "problem" is that it's looking for exact filename, so the addition of ".English" is throwing it off. I'll see if I can't come up with something for that.

good to know, your explanation makes sense, although it wouldn't be bad to have an option for url trailers to be checked somewhere in the settings i understand if you do that it could lead to overloading it's purpose, people would want that and that, if it's all indication for local files, I'm fine with that.

Ad subtitles, didn't know it worked with local subtitles, my subtitles are usually named with language tag identification. I guess thiis shouldn't be hard to implement if you decide to. Maybe filename + code/s from languages.xml (or name for particular code, like in my example). Just not sure if you want to user choose "his" one prefered language or just check if there are any subs at all.

- nul7 - 2009-07-08

ezechiel1917 Wrote:good to know, your explanation makes sense, although it wouldn't be bad to have an option for url trailers to be checked somewhere in the settings i understand if you do that it could lead to overloading it's purpose, people would want that and that, if it's all indication for local files, I'm fine with that.

Ad subtitles, didn't know it worked with local subtitles, my subtitles are usually named with language tag identification. I guess thiis shouldn't be hard to implement if you decide to. Maybe filename + code/s from languages.xml (or name for particular code, like in my example). Just not sure if you want to user choose "his" one prefered language or just check if there are any subs at all.

I think it would be quicker/easier/best to see if there is a file with a valid subtitle extension... if so, see if the subtitle file name contains the movie filename somewhere in it. That way it would work for multiple cases. For example:

Movie file: somemovie.avi

Sub files: somemovie.srt, somemovie.English.srt, English.somemovie.srt, somemoviesubs.srt, etc would all work

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-07-08

nul7 Wrote:I think it would be quicker/easier/best to see if there is a file with a valid subtitle extension... if so, see if the subtitle file name contains the movie filename somewhere in it. That way it would work for multiple cases. For example:

Movie file: somemovie.avi

Sub files: somemovie.srt, somemovie.English.srt, English.somemovie.srt, somemoviesubs.srt, etc would all work

sounds good Nod

- HexusOdy - 2009-07-08

nul7, I don't want to sound demanding, but can we get some TV support going?

I've felt for ages that Ember does 99% of everything anyone could want for movies and theres weeks and weeks of eeking out 0.1& here and 0.1% more there.

Theres at least 3 programs on the go at the moment that are great for movies and not 1 that can do TV anymore. And while most people probably add 2-3 movies a week to their collection there can be 10+ TV eps a week.

- midgetspy - 2009-07-08

HexusOdy Wrote:nul7, I don't want to sound demanding, but can we get some TV support going?

I've felt for ages that Ember does 99% of everything anyone could want for movies and theres weeks and weeks of eeking out 0.1& here and 0.1% more there.

Theres at least 3 programs on the go at the moment that are great for movies and not 1 that can do TV anymore. And while most people probably add 2-3 movies a week to their collection there can be 10+ TV eps a week.

Heh, this is exactly how I feel. Ember has been in a state that works perfectly for my movie collection for like 400+ revisions now, and I have completely stopped checking this thread except to see if TV support has started yet ;-P

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-07-08

Yep, I think its the best movie manager out there by far and can't wait until it's able to manage my TV Shows too Nod

- flipped cracker - 2009-07-08

i can't wait for tv support too. my tv shows need some serious updating.