Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- flipped cracker - 2009-07-09

i don't know what was up before, but it just worked on another movie, so i went back and retried ps i love you and it worked fine too. but i didn't change anything.

edit: seems like it comes and goes. i'll scrape a movie and not get anything. then i clear the cache and i'll get something. or i'll only get half, and then i re-scrape and get them all.

- nul7 - 2009-07-09

flipped cracker Wrote:i don't know what was up before, but it just worked on another movie, so i went back and retried ps i love you and it worked fine too. but i didn't change anything.

edit: seems like it comes and goes. i'll scrape a movie and not get anything. then i clear the cache and i'll get something. or i'll only get half, and then i re-scrape and get them all.

Ah, this is probably a problem of the cache naming that has already been fixed for next release.

Email me at [email protected] or hop on to our IRC channel on irc.freenode.net #embermm and I'll send you a test build to verify.

- Drifty - 2009-07-09

What options are everybody generally using or recommend? I have spent days bringing my movie collection into EMM to scrape NFO's, Posters, Fanart and some thumbs.

The problem I have is when I added and set the content in XBMC it totally ignored EMM's good work. As it scanned it scraped new posters and fanart off of the net. As it should I guess but is it not the benefit of using EMM to control that and XBMC will import it rather quickly?

My setup is I have my collection in folders on a ReadyNAS NV+. I run EMM 626 on Win XP Pro SP3 in a VMware Fusion virtual environment on a 24in iMac 3GHz. This is for testing as I have a MacMini for the HTPC rig. Im also running the latest XBMC SVN and CCmatrix AEON skin build with native flags stuff.

- nul7 - 2009-07-09

Drifty Wrote:What options are everybody generally using or recommend? I have spent days bringing my movie collection into EMM to scrape NFO's, Posters, Fanart and some thumbs.

The problem I have is when I added and set the content in XBMC it totally ignored EMM's good work. As it scanned it scraped new posters and fanart off of the net. As it should I guess but is it not the benefit of using EMM to control that and XBMC will import it rather quickly?

My setup is I have my collection in folders on a ReadyNAS NV+. I run EMM 626 on Win XP Pro SP3 in a VMware Fusion virtual environment on a 24in iMac 3GHz. This is for testing as I have a MacMini for the HTPC rig. Im also running the latest XBMC SVN and CCmatrix AEON skin build with native flags stuff.

You'll either have to "reload" each movie one by one in XBMC or remove the source and re-add it to reload all movies. jmarshall is working on a complete revamp of the library system in XBMC and said that he will resolve that. See here for more details:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53979

and here for the main thread about all his changes to the library:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51605

- Drifty - 2009-07-09

Even with the library changes in developement. Is XBMC supposed to grab the NFO and local cover art first if its there when adding to the library?

- uncertainty - 2009-07-09

Drifty Wrote:Even with the library changes in developement. Is XBMC supposed to grab the NFO and local cover art first if its there when adding to the library?

Yes, I did a clean install (ie removed all my sources in video and added them new) and it found my entire library quick and easily using Ember (2 secs or so per movie). I used the following under settings/file sources for Ember.

<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

The <movie> implies to use your current movie filename for the files.

- Drifty - 2009-07-09

uncertainty Wrote:Yes, I did a clean install (ie removed all my sources in video and added them new) and it found my entire library quick and easily using Ember (2 secs or so per movie). I used the following under settings/file sources for Ember.

<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

The <movie> implies to use your current movie title as the filename.

I currently have

<movie>.jpg
<movie>.fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

Would that be my problem with XBMC not using my hours of work?

Drifty Wrote:I currently have

<movie>.jpg
<movie>.fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

Would that be my problem with XBMC not using my hours of work?

My understanding is XBMC can only read .tbn for posters and -fanart.jpg for fanart. One of the developers could prob confirm this and what steps can be done to change your file formats.

- Drifty - 2009-07-09

uncertainty Wrote:My understanding is XBMC can only read .tbn for posters and -fanart.jpg for fanart. One of the developers could prob confirm this and what steps can be done to change your file formats.

OK then. So if this is the case, can I then go into the settings and tick the right boxes and untick the other 2. Then "Update Media". Will that fix it all up?

- nul7 - 2009-07-09

Drifty Wrote:OK then. So if this is the case, can I then go into the settings and tick the right boxes and untick the other 2. Then "Update Media". Will that fix it all up?

No, unfortunately it won't. It won't rename the other files to the newly selected file naming scheme. The best course of action would be to set the cleaner options to remove the files that are incompatible and run it. Then set the proper file naming scheme for XBMC compatibility and re-scrape everything.

- Drifty - 2009-07-09

Could I bulk rename the extensions ".fanart.jpg" to "-fanart.tbn". tick the appropriate box in EMM and reload?

- Nuno - 2009-07-09

Drifty Wrote:Could I bulk rename the extensions ".fanart.jpg" to "-fanart.tbn". tick the appropriate box in EMM and reload?

No, Bulk Renamer rename Movies no individual files. "*-fanart.tbn", "*.fanart.jpg", are just "parts" of the movie, Remaner will only "look at" the * side of the filename, and will keep all that is to the right of it.

ie:
movie.name.cd1.avi
movie.name.cd2.avi
movie.name.cd1.nfo
movie.name.cd1.tbn
movie.name.cd1.jpg
movie.name.cd1-fanart.jpg

the movie "name" is: "movie.name"
all the ".cd1.*", "cd1-fanart.*" will be maintained by the renamer

Drifty Wrote:Could I bulk rename the extensions ".fanart.jpg" to "-fanart.tbn". tick the appropriate box in EMM and reload?

If you mean an external bulk renamer, NO, Ember will not notice the file has been changed as I tried it. Your Ember database will then not be synched with XBMC's. BTW I had to do the samething last week when first using Ember and learned the hard way...heh

- nul7 - 2009-07-09

EDIT: Bah, that's what I get for not refreshing the page before replying. lol

- Nuno - 2009-07-09

uncertainty Wrote:If you mean an external bulk renamer, NO, Ember will not notice the file has been changed as I tried it. Your Ember database will then not be synched with XBMC's. BTW I had to do the samething last week when first using Ember and learned the hard way...heh

But, you can.. with external Bulk Renamer you can change it, and in EMM just do a Reload All Movies.
XBMC have to do a refresh also.. you have to Delete xbmc database.. or de/reconfigure the sources in xbmc