Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-07

Ok, to add to my previous post the following 480p streams are now live
Quote:BBC One, BBC Two, ITV One, Channel 4, FIVE, ITV2, 5USA, E4, ITV3, ITV4, MORE4,
BBC Three, BBC Four, Dave, 5*, Film4, BBC News, CBBC
The rest are due to go live tomorrow and the quality will be tweaked over the coming days so if you don't notice much difference in the quality at the moment, don't worry it'll come. Give them a try and let me know if you have any issues.

TVCatchup - coleborn - 2011-09-07

Keep up the good work. This is a really handy plugin.

Would it be possible to disable the seek (fast forward / rewind) commands during playback, obviously with the streams being live TV there isn't much need to use them however if I accidentally press the right arrow on my keyboard during playback it seems to crash XBMC.

Thanks.

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-07

Actually that's a really good idea lol. Especially if you sit on the remote. I'll look into it, as there may well be a bit of code that can.

- unom - 2011-09-07

Would it be possible to add a tv guide or a now and next for channels, like on a sky box?

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-07

I've been really struggling with a TV Guide tbh. I know that some skins have EPG support, but I just can't work out how to get the data into it. As for a Now & Next function, I've been speaking to one of the site Admin's about the possibility of adding the data feed so here's hoping.

- hunkyn - 2011-09-08

Guys,

How do we signup for the TVCATCHUP.COM?? It says we cannot sign up outside of UK. How is everyone able to watch or do all of you guys live in UK?

ThanksCool

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-08

Yep, sorry, we all live in the UK and TVC is a UK only site. Oh and they actively block VPN's so don't waste your money Smile

- falafael - 2011-09-08

Loving this plugin, its our only way of receiving tv now i,ve booted sky out, but i would like a now/next, also, have you any plans to add more 'free' channels in the near future??

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-08

Like I said in a previous post, I'm asking one of the guys really nicely at TVC if he could add a Next element to the Array so I can add it to the plugin so here's hoping. As for new channels, a little bit of insider knowledge tells me that there MAY be upto 4 new channels going live over the next few days. Smile

- hunkyn - 2011-09-08

dj_gerbil Wrote:Yep, sorry, we all live in the UK and TVC is a UK only site. Oh and they actively block VPN's so don't waste your money Smile

Thank you for the response.

- gobbledigook - 2011-09-08

dj_gerbil Wrote:Actually that's a really good idea lol. Especially if you sit on the remote. I'll look into it, as there may well be a bit of code that can.

+1 for this... accidental keypresses lead to me having to kill xbmc in ubuntu Sad

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-08

Ok, 8 more channels now have the 480p(HQ) option. These are
Quote:4Music, Yesterday, BBC Parliment, QVC, Sky News, Ideal World, Ideal Extra,
Ideal & More, Create & Craft
Enjoy Smile

Edit: 4 new channels added to the line up
Quote:Vintage TV, Channel AKA, Showcase TV and Renault TV
All of them are available in all 4 qualities, enjoy Smile

- Death-Axe - 2011-09-09

Does showcase tv have a website? all I can find is sky showcase, some Canadian station, and some sort of animation channel. Halp?

honestly I expected better channels. Why is there a car company with a TV station? and why was it added to catchup?

- falafael - 2011-09-09

thanks for adding more channels, love vintage tv, oldie music videos!, mint, although i am not sure either on renault tv being added, but hey, thats just my opinion!

- dj_gerbil - 2011-09-09

Not sure to be honest how it made it to the line up, in fact I asked a similar question myself. I know there are some more coming and if they are the ones they're rumoured to be then they'll be a lot better.