Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- castalla - 2011-12-27

Oh-oh ... all working perfectly today! Cheers.

- dj_gerbil - 2011-12-27

Oh good. Let me know if it plays up again.

- Addiosamigo - 2011-12-27

Awesome add on by the way, good work gerbil! Is there any other add on's worth adding?

- castalla - 2011-12-28

The plugin is acting very strangely again - it works intermittently - it's currently failing to load any listings and just reports a script error. Yet, 30 mins ago it worked perfectly.

Very much hit'n'miss whether it works or not! I thought it may be a Eden beta problem but it's the same with pre-Eden nightlies.

Sigh.

- Death-Axe - 2011-12-28

Is there a fixed version compatible with Eden beta 1 yet?

- mike-1 - 2011-12-28

Just installed Eden beta, TVCatchup is working fine for me. Just install the latest version.

- Death-Axe - 2011-12-29

using latest 1.44, all i get is script error just like most others. Seems to be no fix for it atm.

- Addiosamigo - 2011-12-29

Death-Axe Wrote:using latest 1.44, all i get is script error just like most others. Seems to be no fix for it atm.

If you go to the settings of tvcatchup and disable a few channels, use trial and error to see which ones work and the ones that don't, that fixed it for me.

- bkjmini - 2011-12-30

Sorry I am a newbie from Ireland does this plugin only work in Ireland.

- Macielle - 2011-12-31

cant get any of the channels to work.

Says not available. Using Atv2 with Eden.

Does it block IP's from outside UK?

- marktuk - 2012-01-01

dj_gerbil Wrote:That's usually a sign that your internet may be a bit iffy. Have you tried rebooting your router lately?

I'm able to stream 1080p video over my connection, so I very much doubt it's that. It seems more like a bottle neck on TVCatchup's servers, it seems the make more bandwidth available for the first 5 channels, and then other channels lag behind, +1 channels are the worst, poor quality and constant drop outs.

- rudeboyx - 2012-01-03

i must admit there have been a few times that the plugin would fail with an error even when i had a channel running in the background. but its been working fine most of the time.

rbx

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-04

marktuk Wrote:I'm able to stream 1080p video over my connection, so I very much doubt it's that. It seems more like a bottle neck on TVCatchup's servers, it seems the make more bandwidth available for the first 5 channels, and then other channels lag behind, +1 channels are the worst, poor quality and constant drop outs.

I've seen the data pipes so I can assure you there's no bottleneck at TVC's servers. My guess is its more likely to be an issue with your ISP. Either the peering pipe or their network. Are you with Virgin Media?

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-04

Ok, new higher resolution logos are now available. (Thanks go to Arkane over at the TVC forums for them)
To get XBMC to use them, navigate to userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.tvcatchup\TVC_cache and delete all the logos that are there, this will force XBMC to download the new ones. Don't delete the folder though as this may break the plugin.

- marktuk - 2012-01-09

If my ISP had a problem surely all channels would be affected equally? It's usually one channel that plays up, at which point I just switch to another.

Anyway, here's an issue that you can reproduce Tongue Play a channel, the press the left or right key (seek) and XBMC locks up and crashes. Is it not possible to disable the seeking keys when the plugin is running?