Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-09

marktuk Wrote:If my ISP had a problem surely all channels would be affected equally. It's usually one channel that plays up, at which point I just switch to another.

Anyway, here's an issue that you can reproduce Tongue Play a channel, the press the left or right key (seek) and XBMC locks up and crashes. Is it not possible to disable the seeking keys when the plugin is running?

Agreed, I didn't realise that it was just the one channel, that is weird. If it happens again pm me here or on TVC and I'll see if I can trace the fault.

As for disabling the keys, that's not something that can be done from within the plugin so is out of my control unfortunatley. However, is I can manage to get it working, I plan to hand off the stream capture to rtmpdump which will allow you to pause and rewind the stream like Sky+ which will mean you'll need the direction keys.

- deanmv - 2012-01-09

dj_gerbil Wrote:Ok, new higher resolution logos are now available. (Thanks go to Arkane over at the TVC forums for them)
To get XBMC to use them, navigate to userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.tvcatchup\TVC_cache and delete all the logos that are there, this will force XBMC to download the new ones. Don't download the folder though as this may break the plugin.

I've done this and the logo's seem the same quality? Also I assume you mean "don't delete the folder" ? haha

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-09

Oooops you're right I did mean don't delete lol. I've found that xbmc takes its own sweet time to update them, but as long as you've deleted the files in the cache it should be fine.

- deanmv - 2012-01-09

dj_gerbil Wrote:Oooops you're right I did mean don't delete lol. I've found that xbmc takes its own sweet time to update them, but as long as you've deleted the files in the cache it should be fine.

I was a little eager to post that haha. Rebooted XBMC and they are downloading now and I must say they look VERY nice! Seems to do it in the background but it is slowly doing it.

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-09

deanmv Wrote:I was a little eager to post that haha. Rebooted XBMC and they are downloading now and I must say they look VERY nice! Seems to do it in the background but it is slowly doing it.

It pulls them when its loading the guide but then it seems to take a while to update lol. Glad you like them, and before you say it I know there's some missing Smile

- deanmv - 2012-01-09

dj_gerbil Wrote:It pulls them when its loading the guide but then it seems to take a while to update lol. Glad you like them, and before you say it I know there's some missing Smile

Oh it has updated completely then? BBC 1 and 2, ITV 1 and Channel 4 don't have them but then most of the rest do? I assumed they all did but oh well. Great plug-in by the way! Having a FF/RW/Pause option that you were talking about a little earlier would be AWESOME! You could Rename it TV Catchup + then Wink

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-09

deanmv Wrote:Oh it has updated completely then? BBC 1 and 2, ITV 1 and Channel 4 don't have them but then most of the rest do? I assumed they all did but oh well. Great plug-in by the way! Having a FF/RW/Pause option that you were talking about a little earlier would be AWESOME! You could Rename it TV Catchup + then Wink

No, BBC One, Two, ITV and C4 defo have got new logo's its a couple towards the end like Ideal that haven't.

- deanmv - 2012-01-09

dj_gerbil Wrote:No, BBC One, Two, ITV and C4 defo have got new logo's its a couple towards the end like Ideal that haven't.

Not for me Huh Will wait a while and see if they appear but the rest have definitely updated.

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-09

deanmv Wrote:Not for me Huh Will wait a while and see if they appear but the rest have definitely updated.

Like I said, xbmc takes its own sweet time to do it, but they WILL come lol.

- marktuk - 2012-01-22

FYI - More 4 is buffering every 30 seconds, where as BBC1 is perfectly fine. Seems like that odd bandwidth issue again.

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-22

marktuk Wrote:FYI - More 4 is buffering every 30 seconds, where as BBC1 is perfectly fine. Seems like that odd bandwidth issue again.

Or maybe it needed a kick Wink If its still buffering my advice would be to check your internet connection as I'm seeing no issues here Smile

- x0149128 - 2012-01-25

Ah just created a thread maybe I should have posted in here instead.

often BBC1 is unwatchable, the channel plays then quits back to the tvcatchup menu. Other times it freezes, then quits back to the tvcatchup menu.

Yet if i go to the BBC site and play the stream from there is works fine.

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-25

Is it just BBC one?

- James28 - 2012-01-25

I had this earlier. On BBC1. Though had it on E4+1 too.
So just assumed it was either my internet or my apple tv.
Having a load of issues like this. Can't remember the last time I watched anything streaming when it didn't freeze and quit back to the menu, or buffer for ages Sad

- dj_gerbil - 2012-01-25

Right, you really need to report these over at http://forums.tvcatchup.com as they are issues with the streams rather then xbmc or the plugin. That said, there was only one issue reported last night and that was down to dodgy internet.