Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- deejc - 2010-01-16

Zazza Wrote:and in the TVheadend log I can read:

127.0.0.1: rtsp://127.0.0.1:9981/channelid/1 -- Unauthorized

Any guess?
Thank you very much for your time...

I had the exact same issue ...
i followed this post :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=479795&postcount=368
and now i am all good.

- dcoun - 2010-01-16

I have an ASUS analog PCI card
saa7133[0]: subsystem: 1043:4845, board: ASUS TV-FM 7135 [card=53,autodetected]
The card is not found in tvheadend web interface's adaptors list.

Putting TVheadend in debug mode I get:
[DEBUG]:v4l: Device /dev/video0 has no suitable formats, device skipped

tvtime works ok with the card, without any problem

Do saa7134 analog devices work?

- moontan77 - 2010-01-17

anyone else having audio dropping problems on encrypted channels?

on the xbmc log this seems to be the error

ERROR: GetDelay - snd_pcm_delay, alsa error: -32 - Broken pipe

Newest alsa doesnt make a difference. Only have this problem with tvheadend streams which makes it seem to to me theres something not right with them.

Muxes quality droppes - lolobu - 2010-01-17

I've got the problem of the muxes quality dropping after a couple of hours. I've unticked the options autodetect muxes and idle scanning but it doesn't help much. I'm not convinced that it actual change something with my adapter (AverMedia Volar Balck HD) because in the Tv adapter status, I can see that the "currently tuned to" frequency keeps changing all the time.
To make it works again, it works if I do (as suggested here):
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend stop
sudo rmmod dvb_usb_af9015
sudo modprobe dvb_usb_af9015
sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend start
I got the dvb ref in my /proc/modules
So it seems that there is a problem with the kernel module that needs to be restarted. But what I don't get is why this problem doesn't occur with other DVB players (MythTv or Me Tv).
Quite a few people had the same problem, did you sort if out ?

- lolobu - 2010-01-18

Well I understand a bit more what's going on. The quality on a mutliplex drops as soon as tvheadend is tuned to it (freq visible in the status). So when I watch a channel, it drops very fast until 0 but I can keep watching the channel (as long as I don't change to another one). The other multiples don't drop since tvheadend cannot tune to them.
If I watch another channel from another mutliplex and go back to the first one (that dropped to 0) it's not working anymore.
If I don't watch any channel, tvheadend keeps tuning from one multiplex to the other (eventhough I disabled Idle scanning) and slowly but surely, the quality on each multiplex drops.

- moontan77 - 2010-01-18

try post here as this is the developers message board

http://mail.lonelycoder.com/pipermail/hts-devel/2010-January/thread.html

- dongioia - 2010-01-18

Mike34 Wrote:Is there anyway to increase the cache or similar for Tvheadend? I have stuttering on the HD channels and sometimes on the encryted channels when it is trying to get a key.
I'm hoping if it can be cached a bit it will help with the buffering i'm getting.

Huh

I have the same problem.
I tried to edit xbmc options, but it seems there isn't any buffer config in the system preferences.

- TiredOldMan - 2010-01-18

Mike34 Wrote:Is there anyway to increase the cache or similar for Tvheadend? I have stuttering on the HD channels and sometimes on the encryted channels when it is trying to get a key.
I'm hoping if it can be cached a bit it will help with the buffering i'm getting.

Huh

I am still attempting to learn how to access my encrypted channels. (Just the ones I am paying my cable provider to access) I have been reading and searching for the past week and still have no clue where to start. I don't want to hijack the thread, but would appreciate it if you could PM me with any pointers on hardware/software needed to accomplish this - even pointers to threads covering the subject would help.

---
T.O.M.

Axer Aspire Revo 1600 - Ubuntu Karmic full install - XBMC 9.11 - HVR-950Q for now - Win MCE remote.

TVheadend webinterface - eltemperamento - 2010-01-18

@deejc

thx for answering but it doesnt work. still need help :-(

question: what do i have to change in that document?

- Mike34 - 2010-01-19

eltemperamento Wrote:@deejc

thx for answering but it doesnt work. still need help :-(

question: what do i have to change in that document?

Is it a dvb-s2 card?

TVheadend webinterface - eltemperamento - 2010-01-19

No, this one "ST STV0299 DVB-S". I think you dint understand my problem. I am able to enter the webinterface. I will try to explain my problem by a screenshot.

fotos.web.de/paul_dueck/TVheadend

after uninstalling the installt driver that tab was gone.

- gnaffs - 2010-01-20

Hi, TV-headend finds all my dvb-t tuners and eveything seems OK, but when i try to connect using two XBMC clients the last one gets no available sources. Do I have to change any parameters to make the second client using the second DVB-card? I can of course watching a channel on the second client that is on the same mux as the one i wtch on the first client.

Auto change screen zooom? - Mike34 - 2010-01-20

When watching channels from tvheadend some are full widescreen while others are just standar 4:3 which does not fill my tv. I can change the zoom or stretch to fill the screen when on a 4:3 channel, but when i change over to a wide screen broadcast i have to adjust the zoom again. Is there any way to make this automaticlly adjust the picture to fill the screen instead of changing every i change channels?
Huh

At the moment i have moved tvhead to a seperate server and it works great on any of my xbmc's. Big Grin

- Mike34 - 2010-01-20

gnaffs Wrote:Hi, TV-headend finds all my dvb-t tuners and eveything seems OK, but when i try to connect using two XBMC clients the last one gets no available sources. Do I have to change any parameters to make the second client using the second DVB-card? I can of course watching a channel on the second client that is on the same mux as the one i wtch on the first client.

I haven't tried watching on two different xbmc's yet but i will try it when i get home see if mine works ok and let you know.

- Mike34 - 2010-01-20

moontan77 Wrote:not possible to record capmt channels as it seems to try and record them before getting the key

If you watch the channel before you start the record it works ok.