Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- Ruud - 2010-10-27

dushmaniac Wrote:seeking works fine on recordings here (up=+10 minutes, down=-10 minutes, left=-30 secs, right=+30 secs).

the total time of the recording is reported incorrectly though. looks like a problem in the mkv.

Hi,

default skipping behavious is a percentage of total time. Because there is an issue in xbmc where total time is reported wrong (totem and vlc report correct time), the skip time is very small (potentially).
Discussed this over at the hts mailing list and conclusion there was that this is an xbmc 'feature' (because other programs report total time of same mkv correct)

regards,
Ruud.

- Ruud - 2010-10-27

dushmaniac Wrote:confirmed. as a workaround, you can move the channels you want to hide to the end of the channel list before hiding them.

edit:
well, confirmed if I understood your question correctly.
first you have a channel list like:

1 Ned1 HD
2 Ned2 HD
3 Ned1
4 Ned2
5 RTL 4

and when you hide channels 3 and 4, the channel list looks like: 1, 2, 5, ...
doesn't happen every time though. it's not related to tvheadend btw.

Nope,

I order my channellist like:
1. NED 1
2. NED 2
3. NED 4
4. RTL4
5. Discovery
6. etc.

I then disable 5 to x because they should not display.
so my channel list should display 1, 2, 3, 4. > this is correct when browsing the channel list in the tv screen.
when starting tv on channel 1 (NED1) and then keep pressing channel UP it goes past 4 to 5 which should not be possible because I disabled this channel.
Correct behaviour is that it should display 1 after 4 (because after 4 there are no more activated channels)

hope this clarifies a bit.

regards,
Ruud.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

Ruud Wrote:Hi,

default skipping behavious is a percentage of total time. Because there is an issue in xbmc where total time is reported wrong (totem and vlc report correct time), the skip time is very small (potentially).
Discussed this over at the hts mailing list and conclusion there was that this is an xbmc 'feature' (because other programs report total time of same mkv correct)
aah like that, missed that Smile

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

Ruud Wrote:hope this clarifies a bit.

regards,
Ruud.
it does. I'll check that out later. compiling a list of issues now and prioritising them. Got some time off next month and the month after so I hope to fix/implement at least some of them and I'll check minor issues in the evening hours.

avi issues - Ruud - 2010-10-27

Hi,

currently facing some avi issues. when trying to play an avi file, xbmc just restarts.
Even on files that used to work okay.

crashlog from xbmc does not give me any clue, saw some reference on another thread but there it was stated that it would be fixed in beta2. As I see it I am currently running beta3 with backported pvr-testing2 in it so that leads to a dead endOo

can somebody give me some pointers as how to troubleshoot?

thanks in advance,
Ruud.

- Cribbe6 - 2010-10-27

@dushmaniac

removing some stuff from sources.list.d did the trick.
Thnx

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

Ruud Wrote:currently facing some avi issues. when trying to play an avi file, xbmc just restarts. <snip> crashlog from xbmc does not give me any clue, <snap>
couple of things, cause I can't do much with a post like that:
- what revision are you using?
- please provide a log with debugging turned on and a coredump of the crash

and did you try those files on the normal dharma too (so without pvr)?

- Ruud - 2010-10-27

dushmaniac Wrote:couple of things, cause I can't do much with a post like that:
- what revision are you using?
- please provide a log with debugging turned on and a coredump of the crash

and did you try those files on the normal dharma too (so without pvr)?

Hi,

revisions are in my signature.

just did some more testing:
1. removed xbmc
2. removed your ppa
3. reboot
4. install xbmc (and xbmc-live) > 9.11 lucid3
>> avi plays fine!
5. added your ppa
6. apt-get update , apt-get upgrade
>> avi does not play anymore

http://paste.ubuntu.com/520934/

hope this helps,
any pointers are welcome.

UPDATE: noticed that I was testing with 9.11 so just installed Dharma Beta3. this also has the issue that avi won't play.

regards,
Ruud.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

Ruud Wrote:UPDATE: noticed that I was testing with 9.11 so just installed Dharma Beta3. this also has the issue that avi won't play.
ok at least that rules out the pvr specific part.

also, it's not that beta3 won't play any avi because I checked the same sort of avi (mpeg4 yuv420p +5.1 ac3) and they play fine here.

there's a howto somewhere around here (forum/wiki/trac) on how to submit a bug report, check that out.

- Ruud - 2010-10-28

dushmaniac Wrote:ok at least that rules out the pvr specific part.

also, it's not that beta3 won't play any avi because I checked the same sort of avi (mpeg4 yuv420p +5.1 ac3) and they play fine here.

there's a howto somewhere around here (forum/wiki/trac) on how to submit a bug report, check that out.
Just tried the faulting avi on my other system and on that one it is working Confused.
So will do a complete reinstall (OS and apps) and hope that the root cause is me fiddling to much on this system to get things changed / working.

will report back,
thanks,
Ruud.

can't enable HTS Plugin - zyxel13 - 2010-10-28

Hello dushmaniac,

I have Installed XBMC Freaks B3 Live CD and added your pvr testing branch
doing :

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list.list
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc-svn.list.list

sudo apt-get remove -y xbmc xbmc-bin xbmc-data xbmc-skin-confluence

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config -y

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-live

All the deinstallation and the Isntallation of your version works fine, I see TV Settings, the pvr client addons , xbmx works fine , But i cant enable the hts plugin...when trying to enable, nothing happens...same happens w all other PVR plugins. Other plugins , Executors 4 ex, are no prob to enable/disable

When i use Gujs ppa i can enable the hts plugin and IPTV works, but xbmc uses in idle mode 100% cpu......

Is there anything i missed ro install ?, I checked at the addon folder in the hts pluging, but i don't see any .py files...

Thankyou in Advance,
Cheers,
Konstantin

- dubstar_04 - 2010-10-28

Ruud Wrote:Hi, had the same time issue some time ago. for it was fixed by loading a svn version of tvheadend (was running 2.11), then also xbmc had to restart because tvguide was cached.
currently not seeing this behaviour (running tvheadend svn-5520)
regards,
Ruud.

Ive just built and installed Tvheadend svn r5538, cleared the xbmc tv cache.

i ran: sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

however i am still getting the guid one hour out.

I am in the uk. running dushmaniac's build from his signature on a fresh maveric install.

any ideas?

- xoox - 2010-10-28

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:I have made a capture of it.

The programs should be in colour in relation with their genre.

It is a problem that appeared some releases ago in the Gujs PPA but it is also in your.

This seems to be a tvheadend issue. I just upgraded my tvheadend server from r4294 to r5531 and also got this "error" without changing the xbmc version. There must have been a change by andoma which causes this problem...

EDIT: Perhaps related to http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/changeset/5318

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-28

zyxel13 Wrote:<snip>Is there anything i missed ro install ?, I checked at the addon folder in the hts pluging, but i don't see any .py files...
(re)move .xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons.db and try again.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-29

dubstar_04 Wrote:Ive just built and installed Tvheadend svn r5538, cleared the xbmc tv cache.

i ran: sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

however i am still getting the guid one hour out.

I am in the uk. running dushmaniac's build from his signature on a fresh maveric install.

any ideas?
the addon only uses an offset if tvheadend tells it to use an offset via http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/htsp#getSysTime

according to http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/htsp#getEvent the EPG times are reported in UTC. the offset that is reported is added to the start and end time of the entry, which results in the local time.

I can't think of any reason for this to fail, except for a wrongly configured time or timezone somewhere. Check these (again):
- system timezone setting
- system time
- xbmc timezone setting
- is tvheadend reporting the correct time
- if you're using showtime, does that display the correct time?