Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- nmcaullay - 2010-12-17

I had a similar issue, but i think i solved it by adding total access in tvheadend web interface to a user xbmc/xbmc. Then adding that username/password spec at the start of the url in xbmc .. something like htps://xbmc:[email protected]. I might have had the port on the end also.. give that a shot

- Ruud - 2010-12-17

costi Wrote:I'm sorry, I'm a linux noob Wink

Just tell me what you need.

bug report how-to Big Grin

- costi - 2010-12-17

nmcaullay Wrote:I had a similar issue, but i think i solved it by adding total access in tvheadend web interface to a user xbmc/xbmc. Then adding that username/password spec at the start of the url in xbmc .. something like htps://xbmc:[email protected]. I might have had the port on the end also.. give that a shot

This helped, thanks a lot!

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-18

Now that the Dharma final tag has been created, I tagged the Dharma-pvr branch as final too.

Development will continue in the master branch. It'll probably be unstable, at least for a while, because of some radical changes that will be done in there.

If you want stability, stay with the Dharma-pvr branch for now. New packages will be built on my ppa today.

- Ruud - 2010-12-18

Hi,

just noticed that on the Roadmap the 'long awaited' pvr stuff has been pulled from the Eden release and pushed into the 'Future/Pending' release....
Wondering why? Huh

regards,
Ruud.

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-18

The iterations will be shorter (so shorter time till a new release will be done). Because of the changes that are planned for addons, the pvr code has to change too. It probably won't be ready before the next release, so it's been moved to "future".

That doesn't mean you won't be able to use the pvr code that is available now, just that it won't be part of the official tree just yet.

- RoboSK - 2010-12-18

omg "Future / Pending" Sad

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-18

why? did you even read what I just typed?

- RoboSK - 2010-12-18

read, but i hope into this - release Dhrama, +1 day merge PVR, +1 day fixes all bugs and that is all Smile

edit: easy :p

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-18

not going to happen Smile

Thanks! - Ruud - 2010-12-19

Hi,

just got a message from somebody over at the MP forum asking for some old TechnoTrend drivers.... apparently they are still facing issues with the windows drivers.

That just reminds me of how thankful I am for everybody making this great effort here on the Linux platform. Although I have worked for years with MP and it is open source, the *biggest* disadvantage and ultimately restriction is the closed M$ platform.

Installed my TechnoTrend on my ClearOS server, using an open source driver, with open source TVHeadend on a Ubuntu open source server client with XBMC for Linux.... and to top it of: *drumroffle* the pvr-testing2 and tvheadend plugin.... with *great* support!

Who can ask for more.

Thanks to everybody involved for making this a great hobby

looking forward to what this community driven project has in store for the future Big Grin

regards,
Ruud.

That would be me - drullens - 2010-12-20

Laugh

Hi Ruud,

That's me you're talking about, I presume.

Thought I'd check out XBMC and the forum to see if it would be worth it to switch from MediaPortal to XBMC.

So, being a complete NOOB, I'm looking to find out what's needed to turn to the dark side of Linux. Everything you mention in your post is unknown territory to me. I'll keep you posted on the process.

Gr, Dave

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-20

I'll post an (updated) howto on XBMC + pvr later this week. With almost 150 pages, this thread is becoming a bit large for new users.

- drullens - 2010-12-20

Hi dushmaniac,

Great timing! Looking forward to your howto!

Dave

- costi - 2010-12-20

A question about skins for your xbmc-pvr - is it possible to install new skins while keeping the LiveTV features, or are the limited to Confluence only?