Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=51981)

- stacked - 2009-07-25

adambasord Wrote:stacked there is one thing that doesnt seem to be working the thumbnails for the streams do not seem to be updating i still have the same thumbnail for a channel i had 3 days ago

It looks like the thumbs on the jtv site is not updating...

The plugin is using the same thumbs on the site. Compare them and see.

T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142 + Justin 1.4.7 searching - johnsoda - 2009-07-26

About 3 days ago, the SVN and latest release version was working with searches. Browsing through the categories shows some results, but nothing when doing a search. No

Using T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142

- stacked - 2009-07-26

johnsoda Wrote:About 3 days ago, the SVN and latest release version was working with searches. Browsing through the categories shows some results, but nothing when doing a search. No

Using T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142

Justin.tv updated their search page, so the search feature on the plugin broke. If I find time later today, I'll post an update.

python error - johnsoda - 2009-07-29

The search is working again-- Thanks for the quick turnaround, very nice.

So after going in and out of the plugin and doing searches about 10-12 times, it gives me an error that it can not run the python script via special://home/...

I'm running the latest svn t3ch has, so I'm not sure if that is related or not (if I need a newer version, which incidentally I also tried the latest xbmc, but had several other issues).

- stacked - 2009-07-29

johnsoda Wrote:The search is working again-- Thanks for the quick turnaround, very nice.

So after going in and out of the plugin and doing searches about 10-12 times, it gives me an error that it can not run the python script via special://home/...

I'm running the latest svn t3ch has, so I'm not sure if that is related or not (if I need a newer version, which incidentally I also tried the latest xbmc, but had several other issues).

Oo...looks like they changed the search page again. The changes should stop once they finish the beta updates and etc.

I'll post an update shortly.

edit....

[Update 7/29/09 v1.4.9]
- fixed search problem again
- fixed blank title problem
- other minor changes

error with justin.tv python - natefromdetroit - 2009-07-30

Hi. I can not get this script to run Sad
I have messed with it for hours now. I updated xbmc for my xbox to the latest t3ch release. I am using justin.tv 1.4 zip . I go to scripts and click justin.tv (it has the grey/blue logo next to it) and it says and error message: Error
Python script failed
special://home/scripts/justin.tv/default.py

I have awaited for a coder to release a justin.tv plugin for a while now, Im so excited about this and everyone is so impressed, i Must see this! Can anyone help me or have any clue why I am getting this error?
Other scripts work fine such as itunes, tetris, etc.

Thanks.

- stacked - 2009-07-30

natefromdetroit Wrote:Hi. I can not get this script to run Sad
I have messed with it for hours now. I updated xbmc for my xbox to the latest t3ch release. I am using justin.tv 1.4 zip . I go to scripts and click justin.tv (it has the grey/blue logo next to it) and it says and error message: Error
Python script failed
special://home/scripts/justin.tv/default.py

I have awaited for a coder to release a justin.tv plugin for a while now, Im so excited about this and everyone is so impressed, i Must see this! Can anyone help me or have any clue why I am getting this error?
Other scripts work fine such as itunes, tetris, etc.

Thanks.

That's because it's a video plugin not a script. Btw, the latest update for the plugin is 1.4.9. You'll find it on the SVN Repo Installer.

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_install_and_use_plugins_in_XBMC#Manually_installing_plugins
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911

Oh, you need to update to XBMC rev21803 or higher to use the plugin.
You can get win32 builds here and you can find updates for other platforms here

- goudabob - 2009-07-30

hey, I have been using the justin.tv plugin on the XBOX for a few weeks I love it and major thanks to whoever is working on it.

Ive been updating almost every time there is one. Its worked great until yesterday when I updated to 1.4.9.

When I go to load stream lists (i.e. entertainment -> movies) it is giving me the "python script failed" error after loading about 6 or 7. It only happens a few times, after that it starts working properly.

Is this something im doing (or something I can fix myself) or is it the plugin?

- stacked - 2009-07-30

goudabob Wrote:hey, I have been using the justin.tv plugin on the XBOX for a few weeks I love it and major thanks to whoever is working on it.

Ive been updating almost every time there is one. Its worked great until yesterday when I updated to 1.4.9.

When I go to load stream lists (i.e. entertainment -> movies) it is giving me the "python script failed" error after loading about 6 or 7. It only happens a few times, after that it starts working properly.

Is this something im doing (or something I can fix myself) or is it the plugin?

It could just be a connection error or sever error while downloading the requested webpage from jtv. Post a debug log next time it happens.

btw, welcome to the XBMC Forums Wink

- goudabob - 2009-07-30

its me...

sorry to have bothered you, but thanks for the friendly welcome

btw

if you added a feature to be able to save streams to a "my streams" folder in the root menu so it wasnt necessary to download every one of them every time that would be awesome. just a thought. keep up the good work!

- stacked - 2009-07-31

goudabob Wrote:its me...

sorry to have bothered you, but thanks for the friendly welcome

btw

if you added a feature to be able to save streams to a "my streams" folder in the root menu so it wasnt necessary to download every one of them every time that would be awesome. just a thought. keep up the good work!

Yeah, that's possible. Maybe during the next update, I'll add that if it doesn't take too much time. For now, you can just add streams to XBMC favorites menu or add streams to the user search list.

- darkpollo - 2009-08-09

Hello,
Great plugin!

Is there any way to record the stream on the computer to watch it after?

I am trying with flv downloaders (orbit downloader and replay media catcher ) and it does not seem to work...

Thank you

- Pabs - 2009-08-11

This is weird.....

I can access JTV from my Xbox, it seems ok, not as fast as some occasions but generally ok.

However, when i try to go to the site from my laptop it just says that 'this webpage cannot be found'.....as if it doesn't exist! It's done the same thing for the past 12 hours....meaning i cannot upload any content!

What's going on? Surely if the site is down on my laptop it should not be working on my XBMCHuh

Very, very confused...Oo

- stacked - 2009-08-11

Pabs Wrote:This is weird.....

I can access JTV from my Xbox, it seems ok, not as fast as some occasions but generally ok.

However, when i try to go to the site from my laptop it just says that 'this webpage cannot be found'.....as if it doesn't exist! It's done the same thing for the past 12 hours....meaning i cannot upload any content!

What's going on? Surely if the site is down on my laptop it should not be working on my XBMCHuh

Very, very confused...Oo

Well...the jtv plugin only downloads the needed pages and thumbnails from the site. While if you were on your browser, everything gets downloaded (pages, ads, images, flash content, etc). So I would say that the plugin uses less bandwidth and has a less chance of timing out.

During peak times, JTV occasionally times out for me. Too many users connecting at once. There isn't anything you can do at this point but wait and refresh the page.

- Pabs - 2009-08-11

stacked Wrote:Well...the jtv plugin only downloads the needed pages and thumbnails from the site. While if you were on your browser, everything gets downloaded (pages, ads, images, flash content, etc). So I would say that the plugin uses less bandwidth and has a less chance of timing out.

During peak times, JTV occasionally times out for me. Too many users connecting at once. There isn't anything you can do at this point but wait and refresh the page.

Oh, ok thanks.Smile

I'll keep refreshing. The reason i want to get on the site is to upload some content, thought i'd give something back to the community in some way. I've got a HDD with a load of the UK comedies like the inbetweeners, alan partridge etc i thought some of the US guys might like to watch.

Thanks for your help!