Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-06-22

One thing i forgot to mention, with the new build-in code, the detection will be done when you add movies to the library and when you play an existing movie for the first time.
It does not pick up the media details when you're browsing your existing library!
So for the best results, it would be wise to delete the video library and recreate it.

BlackJack1 Wrote:One more thing: look at video codec please mostly used by rippers: x264 - not h264 and I see h264 flag in my library.

Believe me, i've spent half a day googling trying to find out the difference between x.264 and h.264 and it's still unclear to me. As far as i understand x.264 is the encoder library used to encode movies with the h.264 codec. That's why i'm using the h.264 codec flag.
I may be wrong and if it really bothers you, there's already a x.264 flag shipped with Transparency!. Just delete Traansparency!\media\flags\movies\videocodec\h.264.png and rename x.264.png to h.264.png

aaronjb Wrote:The detection (above) works for most of my files, but for one particular (1080p .MKV) shows 'DVD' instead of BluRay.. I wonder if it's similar - do you see DVD for the undetected content?

Thanx, that's something i need to change. If there is no videoresolution info available (the new build in code has not yet scanned your movie), it will indeed show the dvd flag.

maocul Wrote:Does it look for the vertical resolution? I would have thought with any file with letter box apsect ratio would be 720p but only have 600ish vertical lines. Or does it look for the 1280\1920 horizontal res that should be more standard?

Nope, it only looks at video width, here is the resolution detection part from the xbmc source code:
Code:
if (iWidth == 0)
    return "";

else if (iWidth < 721)
    return "480";
  // 960x540
  else if (iWidth < 961)
    return "540";
  // 1280x720
  else if (iWidth < 1281)
    return "720";
  // 1920x1080
  else
    return "1080";

daje Wrote:Another thing I've noticed is that the media flags wont show if its i or p. The skin contains imagesets for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and so on
but somehow it's not picked up, and show the image only for resolution, not the one with i or p. It used to work before in Aeon when scanning with mediainfoplus, though I know mediainfoplus and xbmc use different methods somehow to determine the media info, just wonder why it wont show correct (this happens both with files that has the <streamdetails> and <studio> tags in movie.nfo, and files with no nfo at all).

The new build-in detection code has a few limitations. It does not detect if a movie uses progressive (p) or interlaced (i) scan. Even if the info is available in the <studio> or <streamdetails> tag, it will ignore it. This issue was mentioned a couple of times in the media flagging thread, but it doesn't seem that it's going to be supported any time soon.

BlackJack1 Wrote:@ ronie

Please help... if you can Smile

Delete your video database and rescan all movies to the database. Let me know if this helps.

- ronie - 2009-06-22

daje Wrote:I dont know why, but when I play music and go to the Home screen, no fanart shows, there's just a black screen with menus and now playing. I have turned off all music visualisations. Anyone know why?

This is default behaviour. It will show the visualization on the home screen, so if you set it to none then a black screen will be shown.
I've made some changes to this, so in the next release things will work slightly different.
It will give you an option to show the fanart of the currently paying artist on the home window, or just show the default backgrounds.

- daje - 2009-06-22

Cheers, that sounds awesome Smile

- bidossessi - 2009-06-22

@ronie i wowed the wife yesterday, so giving to caesar what belongs to him Big Grin

I think it was anoobie made an Aeon mod to be able to see trailers from Aeon's multiplex view.
I was wondering if such a hack would be possible in Transparency!.
Now i know nothing of skinning but I suspect that what Auriga is doing is force-pulling the info dialog and skinning it somehow.
Since multiplex is the only such view i've seenfor which this kind of mod has been made, maybe the trailer link is not available outside the scope of the info dialog.
If not, <request>I think a way to quickly start the trailer would be nice</request>.

Nothing really important, as you can see.

- bardenas - 2009-06-22

Great work, ronie!

Sorry... have you considered integrating an Aeon Home Menu (like The Operation mod)?
It might be something to keep in mind...

the more i look at it, the more i feel like we're all asking ronie to turn his skin into Aeon instead of appreciating the differences, and for that, i humbly apologize.

Your skin rocks without needing to mimick any other!!

- BlackJack1 - 2009-06-22

ronie Wrote:One thing i forgot to mention, with the new build-in code, the detection will be done when you add movies to the library and when you play an existing movie for the first time.
It does not pick up the media details when you're browsing your existing library!
So for the best results, it would be wise to delete the video library and recreate it.

I did hard work to create my library because of national scraper I used (filmweb.pl) and manually added many thumbs, fanart etc. But... I'm not finished yet scanning all hard drives. I'll try add other movie folders and will see if it helps. Can I do it this way or I must recreate ALL library to take effect...?
As a player I'm using external player (KMPlayer) because of CoreAVC best quality codecs. I created advancedsettings.xml and set it as default player in fullscreen mode. Is this way is enough as "first play" playing for seeing flags...?

ronie Wrote:Believe me, i've spent half a day googling trying to find out the difference between x.264 and h.264 and it's still unclear to me. As far as i understand x.264 is the encoder library used to encode movies with the h.264 codec. That's why i'm using the h.264 codec flag.

You are right. My fault. I just read x264 thread and I was wrong. Sorry for wasting your time...Rolleyes
Other thing: what about WVC1 and MPEG2 codecs? Are they displayed propertly?

Remember during creation new built of your mod about "left menu visibility when using mouse" issue please... Smile

- ronie - 2009-06-22

bardenas Wrote:Great work, ronie!

Sorry... have you considered integrating an Aeon Home Menu (like The Operation mod)?
It might be something to keep in mind...

How about Settings > Skin Settings > Home window > Horizontal Home Menu ;-)

- ronie - 2009-06-22

bidossessi Wrote:I think it was anoobie made an Aeon mod to be able to see trailers from Aeon's multiplex view.
I was wondering if such a hack would be possible in Transparency!.
Now i know nothing of skinning but I suspect that what Auriga is doing is force-pulling the info dialog and skinning it somehow.
Since multiplex is the only such view i've seenfor which this kind of mod has been made, maybe the trailer link is not available outside the scope of the info dialog.
If not, <request>I think a way to quickly start the trailer would be nice</request>.

Nothing really important, as you can see.

I played around with a couple of ideas for a while when someone requested a special left menu button for trailers. Even tried if i could map a function to my remote to start the trailer, but that seems to be impossible.
Since i'll be adding a flag indicating if a trailer is available, it might also be possible to make this flag selectable and launch the trailer from there.
Even if it's possible, i still have my doubts on it, as this would slightly change the way you would have to navigate the fanart view.

- ronie - 2009-06-22

bidossessi Wrote:the more i look at it, the more i feel like we're all asking ronie to turn his skin into Aeon instead of appreciating the differences, and for that, i humbly apologize.

Your skin rocks without needing to mimick any other!!

No worries, i like Aeon a lot.
There's a lot of creativity going on in the Aeon thread with people making all kinds of great mods, so that's something i'm closely following.

The way Transparency! and Aeon look is still miles apart, and it will stay that way.
Aeon uses a lot of 'heavy, dark' textures while i try to keep it 'light & clean'.

- ronie - 2009-06-22

BlackJack1 Wrote:I did hard work to create my library because of national scraper I used (filmweb.pl) and manually added many thumbs, fanart etc. But... I'm not finished yet scanning all hard drives. I'll try add other movie folders and will see if it helps. Can I do it this way or I must recreate ALL library to take effect...?

Yes, just adding a new folder should be enough.

BlackJack1 Wrote:As a player I'm using external player (KMPlayer) because of CoreAVC best quality codecs. I created advancedsettings.xml and set it as default player in fullscreen mode. Is this way is enough as "first play" playing for seeing flags...?

Hmmm....i really don't know. Guess you just have to try and see.

BlackJack1 Wrote:You are right. My fault. I just read x264 thread and I was wrong. Sorry for wasting your time...Rolleyes
Other thing: what about WVC1 and MPEG2 codecs? Are they displayed propertly?

Yes, they should be.

BlackJack1 Wrote:Remember during creation new built of your mod about "left menu visibility when using mouse" issue please... Smile

No problem, it should be fixed in the next release.

- Justcop - 2009-06-22

I've noticed when browsing certain menus, eg the movie info menu or file manager, its pretty hard to see what option you have selected. Would it be possible to brighten up the selection shade.

- nuzecast - 2009-06-22

Just a note to thank you for this skin.

Fast and beautiful ... and XBOX friendly.

Thanks again.

- ronie - 2009-06-22

Justcop Wrote:I've noticed when browsing certain menus, eg the movie info menu or file manager, its pretty hard to see what option you have selected. Would it be possible to brighten up the selection shade.

You mean these buttons?:

It could easily change them to:

i would second that change. sometimes, especially in dialogs, it's hard to see if the menu option has been selected.