Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-06-26

dynamix Wrote:If i'm on my own on this one, don't bother making it optional. Maybe you can tell me how to fix it myself?

i like options! the more the better.
here's a quick fix for you, replace ViewsFileMode.xml in the 720p folder with this one: ViewsFileMode.xml

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:i'm not using ember, but mip. but settings should be similar:
- movie.tbn
- folder.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- movie.nfo

That's up to you, if you like to have trailers then check the option.
Although i think (never tried myself) trailers are only available if you live in the US.

ronie... give it a trie Smile is much faster than MIP... anyway....

when you write movie you mean the movie title (<movie>) or really the string movie?

for the trailes are they used by the skin? or are just additional files in a subfolder ?

- dynamix - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:i like options! the more the better.
here's a quick fix for you, replace ViewsFileMode.xml in the 720p folder with this one: ViewsFileMode.xml

Working excellent, thanks for the quick service!

My 0.27 bugbears - Justcop - 2009-06-26

So after I finally got it working I had a little play with 0.27. This si just a list of the little things that I didn't like about it. Some of these may come down to preference, perhaps ronie you could include more options to change them.

1. I'm finding with all the main menu options enabled it all gets a bit cluttered. I'm trying to think from the perspective of my wife who isn't technologically aware. Although she uses some plugins and some scripts the difference to her is not apparent. This makes the favourites button very useful. I would love to have this in the main menu and then I could remove video plugins and the scripts button. It would also be useful if I could rename this button to say 'extras'. I perfer how this is managed in the PM3 operation mod where the favourites and settings button has been swapped. An average user doesn't need to see the settings as one of they're top options but favourites is probably more important.

2. I love the new way that the videos button becomes a file browser button but it only works for movies. Why not change this to a generic 'Browse' button which can access all my movies and music even if not in the library.

3. One of your new features is having genre buttons but with the button on the home page taking me straight to the movies I don't get to use this feature. In the operation PM3 mod they have added a button on the left menu to access movies, sorted be genre, from within the movies dialouge.

4. I do not like how the play button shows all the time on the bottom right of the home screen, my machine doesn't even have a cd drive so this is just clutter.

5. Why do the play, favourites and standby buttons not light up like in PM3, it's pretty difficult to see that they're highlighted.

6. I realise that you have added the tick boxes next to every movie on user request, personally I would like this for TV episodes but not for movies, For TV episodes you can only see it for the show you've selected but on movies it appears for everything all at once and I find it very obtrusive. Perhaps an option to move it down into the media flags area.

7. When the home menu is put into horizontal mode there is no longer any need for the green spot next to each button name. I find this rather ugly.

8. When highlighting any normal menu mode thee background screen changes accordingly however when highlighting favourites, the background only changes when you have clicked on it. This looks odd in my opinion.

Other than all that, well done ronie, your doing a fantastic job and I really appreciate your work.

Just some of my thoughts, hope some other people agree, probably most of these come down to personal opinion and how you use the machine.

- ronie - 2009-06-26

mfsav2 Wrote:ronie... give it a trie Smile is much faster than MIP... anyway....

lol, yes i should, but i've been to busy with Transparency! to even worry about my own movie collection.

mfsav2 Wrote:when you write movie you mean the movie title (<movie>) or really the string movie?

like this:

mfsav2 Wrote:for the trailes are they used by the skin? or are just additional files in a subfolder ?

it's not really a skin question...trailers are supported by xbmc and can be viewed with every skin if you download them. or maybe i'm misunderstanding your question?

- z][ggy - 2009-06-26

ronie fantastic work mate i'm split between this and aeon Cool

- Try4Ce - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:That's weird....I seem to remember i had the same issue a few months ago, the info would just disappear after a few seconds (and i believe this is the default behaviour in xbmc).

I don't know what's changed since then, but for me the info just stays on screen now.

there's an advanced setting <songinfoduration> which should alter the time the info stays on screen, but it doesn't work for me.

but try if it works for you:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
[b]    <songinfoduration>60</songinfoduration>[/b]
</advancedsettings>

it should keep the info on screen for a minute.

@macoul: did a reboot fix this issue for you ?

Sorry but how exactly do I add / modify this? I'm not that experienced with coding and modding XBMC Blush

- ronie - 2009-06-26

Try4Ce Wrote:Sorry but how exactly do I add / modify this? I'm not that experienced with coding and modding XBMC Blush

have you tried rebooting your machine first ?

if that didn't work, create a file advancedsettings.xml and put it in the userdata foler.
copy and paste the above content to that file. restart xbmc.

- ronie - 2009-06-27

Justcop Wrote:1. I'm finding with all the main menu options enabled it all gets a bit cluttered. I'm trying to think from the perspective of my wife who isn't technologically aware. Although she uses some plugins and some scripts the difference to her is not apparent. This makes the favourites button very useful. I would love to have this in the main menu and then I could remove video plugins and the scripts button. It would also be useful if I could rename this button to say 'extras'. I perfer how this is managed in the PM3 operation mod where the favourites and settings button has been swapped. An average user doesn't need to see the settings as one of they're top options but favourites is probably more important.

just because i'm providing you with a lot of options for the home menu, doesn't mean you have to enable everyone of them. i'm only offering a way for everyone to put their favourite items to the home menu, so don't look at me when it becomes cluttered ;-)

i'm fascinated to see how everyone uses xbmc in their own way. me, i've never used the favourites button in my life, so that's probably the reason way i never thought of adding it to the home menu. but i can imagine swapping it with settings wouldn't be such a bad thing. renaming it to 'extras' is not an option since 'extras' is not available in xbmc's language file. if you want you can rename it yourself, just let me know and i'll help you out.

Justcop Wrote:2. I love the new way that the videos button becomes a file browser button but it only works for movies. Why not change this to a generic 'Browse' button which can access all my movies and music even if not in the library.

videos and music are totally separated in xbmc. sadly, there's no way of combining those.
i could make an option to access music in filemode too, but that's just about it, i guess.

Justcop Wrote:3. One of your new features is having genre buttons but with the button on the home page taking me straight to the movies I don't get to use this feature. In the operation PM3 mod they have added a button on the left menu to access movies, sorted be genre, from within the movies dialouge.

that's the way xbmc is designed, going straight to the library means you bypass all the other screens. as for adding it as an option the the left menu, i'm afraid there's little room for adding another button:

there's also been a request for a 'watch trailer' button on the side menu and maybe someone wants a shortcut to years or directors or recently added movies....
so as for now, i don't see a possibility for it.
but if someone wants to do a complete redesign of the left menu, without dropping any of the current items, please let me know. i'm glad to help anyone who's willing to assist in improving Transparency!

Justcop Wrote:4. I do not like how the play button shows all the time on the bottom right of the home screen, my machine doesn't even have a cd drive so this is just clutter.

agreed, i'll make it hidden by default again.

Justcop Wrote:5. Why do the play, favourites and standby buttons not light up like in PM3, it's pretty difficult to see that they're highlighted.

i'll see if i can add some color to them on selection.

Justcop Wrote:6. I realise that you have added the tick boxes next to every movie on user request, personally I would like this for TV episodes but not for movies, For TV episodes you can only see it for the show you've selected but on movies it appears for everything all at once and I find it very obtrusive. Perhaps an option to move it down into the media flags area.

i'm not really getting this, sorry. the tick boxes also show for every episode in the list, not for just the one you've selected. they also show at tv show and season level.
i did the same thing for movies, just because i like a unified design (as much as possible) throughout the skin.

Justcop Wrote:7. When the home menu is put into horizontal mode there is no longer any need for the green spot next to each button name. I find this rather ugly.

there's some work being done behind to scenes on the home menu buttons.
all i can say is, i've not been blessed with any graphic skills so i'm doing the best i can.
if anyone is willing to join the project and do some graphic design work for Transparency! please, just let me know.

Justcop Wrote:8. When highlighting any normal menu mode thee background screen changes accordingly however when highlighting favourites, the background only changes when you have clicked on it. This looks odd in my opinion.

hmmm...but if you navigate to the shutdown button, you also pass the favourite button.
so if it would change the background on focus, this may also look weird...
then again, i might as well add backgrounds to the play and shutdown button as well...

thanx for taking the time to come up with your list Justcop. Any suggestion, discussion or idea can only improve Transparency!, so it's greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

- ronie - 2009-06-27

meanstreak Wrote:For the cdart and clearart, the only path settings are for the local drives. But as I am running this on the xbox, all my music and tv bits are on a nas, so i would need to add a network address or be able to see my network shares on there.

harryzimm Wrote:Same problem here using linux, cant browse to my server.

Just got back an answer to this, it's currently not possible: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53574

Feel free to add a feature request on trac for this.

Hopefully in the near feature this will get added to xbmc, and the current 'workaround' of specifying the path to your music/tv show folder isn't needed anymore.

so for now, just manually edit guisettings.xml (thanx for the tip tuXor!)

- ould - 2009-06-27

Just wanted to say thanks for the update and all the hard work on the skin. I was just about to come in here to ask for a couple features and low and behold there was a new version with the features I was looking for. :-) Mainly have videos go straight to file mode all the time and the trailer option was nice but on Linux I was unable to browse to the proper folder for the Apple Trailers script as the default location in Linux is "~/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/Apple Movie Trailers", the .xbmc is a hidden folder and the builtin browser doesn't see hidden files. Or maybe I was just doing it wrong. In any event I prefer the Apple Movie Trailers Lite plugin instead of the script so I just modified Home.xml for my needs. :-)

If anyone else prefers to use the plugin here is what I replaced the lines in Home.xml with:

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videofiles,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers Lite)</onclick>

I just searched Home.xml for "trailer" and changed any menu items by removing the old <onclick> line with the above. Probably not the best way to do it but I got the desired results.

Thanks again for the skin, loving it on my xbox and testing it on my Linux boxes. :-)

Kevin

- ronie - 2009-06-27

ould Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for the update and all the hard work on the skin. I was just about to come in here to ask for a couple features and low and behold there was a new version with the features I was looking for. :-) Mainly have videos go straight to file mode all the time and the trailer option was nice but on Linux I was unable to browse to the proper folder for the Apple Trailers script as the default location in Linux is "~/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/Apple Movie Trailers", the .xbmc is a hidden folder and the builtin browser doesn't see hidden files. Or maybe I was just doing it wrong. In any event I prefer the Apple Movie Trailers Lite plugin instead of the script so I just modified Home.xml for my needs. :-)

If anyone else prefers to use the plugin here is what I replaced the lines in Home.xml with:

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videofiles,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers Lite)</onclick>

I just searched Home.xml for "trailer" and changed any menu items by removing the old <onclick> line with the above. Probably not the best way to do it but I got the desired results.

Thanks again for the skin, loving it on my xbox and testing it on my Linux boxes. :-)

Kevin

Settings > Appearance > View Options > Show hidden files and directories ;-)

- ould - 2009-06-27

ronie Wrote:Settings > Appearance > View Options > Show hidden files and directories ;-)

Hahah thanks, lol, figured I was missing something. :-P

Kevin

- Justcop - 2009-06-27

ronie Wrote:thanx for taking the time to come up with your list Justcop. Any suggestion, discussion or idea can only improve Transparency!, so it's greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

And thank you for replying so speedily, the only reason I wrote them is because I knew you would ;-)

- daje - 2009-06-27

ronie Wrote:eeek...that's weird...

first try if a reboot fixes this issue before trying anything else.
second, did you somehow mix files from v0.25 and v0.27?
from the screens it seems that way, as in 3dcoverflow the mediaflags are supposed to display at the top of the screen, just below the movie title.

Cheers Ronie, I found the problem. I've rebooted several times before posting, and didn't mix any files.
However, just to make sure I didn't mix any files, when I installed 0.27 I renamed the folder to Transparency! 027 to make sure it had all new files, while at the same time keeping the good'ol 025 intact. So under \skins I had:
-Transparency!
-Transparency! 027
where the first with no version number was the 0.25.
So I renamed that folder to Transparency! 025, and the new 027 to just Transparency!
Voila, it worked Smile
Actually, after toying around in the same manner with aeon for a year or so i didn't think the folder name of the skin was that important, but maybe there are some absolute paths or something that messed it up for me?
Have to admit I feel stupid for not trying this before posting, it just didn't strike me.

Anyway, yet again the skin is looking wonderful, beers are on me if you visit oslo Smile