Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- miljbee - 2009-06-07

Thank you for this great mod. It is almost perfect, but I have a little request !

On the home screen, the vertical menu on the left should be a little wider.

I am french, and the labels are longer words in this language. This leads to scrolling wich isn't really beautifull at this place.

Try to switch to french language to see what I Mean !

I Think that 25% wider should be enough.

- IllumiNaughty - 2009-06-07

If I missed something I am sorry, I only read the first 2 pages of this thread.
If I had a working xbox still I would give it a go and try to make it xbox compatible. However a flood killed my xbox and I am in the process of repairing/replacing it.

When I did loads of theme related stuff, I noticed that some of the larger textures looked f*cked on the xbox, but in ubuntu it looked fine. I only had that problem when I used PS to edit and save the texture. When I used GIMP on the other hand they looked fine on the xbox. I don't know why that is but it got to where I would just make the gfx in PS and save it then open it in GIMP and save it again, somehow it workedHuh
Maybe someone can give that crazyness a try.

Other than that I have no clue what to do to make it work better on the xbox except what everone already knows, lower resolution textures.

- ronie - 2009-06-07

IllumiNaughty Wrote:If I missed something I am sorry, I only read the first 2 pages of this thread.

Thanx for the tips IllumiNaughty. The issue with the corrupted textures has already been fixed. The cause of the issue was using XBMCTex on linux to compress the textures. Seems that the linux version kinda...ehh...sucks. Using the windows version fixed the problem.

- ronie - 2009-06-07

miljbee Wrote:Thank you for this great mod. It is almost perfect, but I have a little request !

I am french, and the labels are longer words in this language. This leads to scrolling wich isn't really beautifull at this place.

Try to switch to french language to see what I Mean !

I fear the whole localization thing might be a bit difficult. It will be easy to make the home buttons a bit wider, but the left menu buttons on all the other pages is a whole different story.
Also if i wanna do things right, i'm gonna need people who can translate some of the new options/settings i've implemented in this skin, as they currently are english only.

- ronie - 2009-06-07

nicoli_k Wrote:The menu whenever you press down the right thumb stick is what I was talking about. Where Exit XBMC, Reboot, etc show up. Since there isn't an option to minimize an application, I found that by being able to pull up the file manager, I could, in essence, minimize whatever script that I'm running at the time while still downloading a video. Instead of staring at 1% complete, 5% complete, etc. I could use the file manager to navigate to the movies that are already on my harddrive or over an SMB share and watch a movie while the downloading is still going on with the script. It can also be used whenever FTPing large items so that you're not stuck watching a progress bar. I hope that makes more sense.

Also, I suggested using RestartXBMC instead of ExitXBMC since I have nothing to Exit to. XBMC is my default dashboard and whenever I click the Exit XBMC Button, I go nowhere. If XBMC locks up, which it does from time to time unfortunately, I can use the RestartXBMC and I don't have to do a complete power cycle which causes the default XBox screen to also load which has that loud sound that can't be disabled without messing around with the bios. I always disable the startup sound for XBMC, so whenever I choose Restart XBMC, I don't have to mute the TV or worry about a loud noise. It's nothing huge, it's just something that I find useful whenever I'm messing around on XBMC and don't want to turn the volume down in case of the occasional crash. I chose to just replace the Exit XBMC button since it didn't do anything for me.

I think i'll give the whole shutdown menu a redesign to make it user configurable.
I'll include options for adding restart xbmc, system info and filemanager buttons.

Never knew you could use the filemanager to launch movies. Thanx for the tip! ;-)

- ronie - 2009-06-07

Big_Ben Wrote:Hi,

I noticed 2 quirks.
1) if you disable the settings menu in the skin options there is no way to get back into it, it would be nice if the settings would be available through the menu item too (this is more hidden and thus not so obvious for dumbo users).

Well you shouldn't remove the settings in the home screen, unless, you have mapped a key on your keyboard / remote (controller) that will take you directly to the settings menu.
So if you want to hide settings in home, just map this function XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings) to one of the keys.

Big_Ben Wrote:2) I use the multi image option but although it shows the different images in the skin settings dialogue and within the menu item itself it does not work on the home screen for TV shows and Movies and Videos (all the other menu items work fine)

Hey, thanx a lot for that one. I hadn't noticed it but you're right. It'll be fixed in the next release. :-)

Big_Ben Wrote:I also have an question; my biggest negative off XBMC is that you cannot have multiple libraries. I have different movie directories for Kids Movies, HD Movies etc. I don't want to mix these. The way I address it today is that the scan into library feature is only enabled for my main library. The other Libary I access in file mode through the video menu. But with this skin, if Library mode is enabled for movies it is also enabled for videos (and vice versa when you choose file mode).

Is there a way to change this ?

I don't think there currently is. If you use the Movies and/or TV Shows button in the Home menu, it will automatically switch the Video view to library mode.
There are some plans to redesign to whole library function in XBMC, so maybe in the near future it will all become a bit more flexible

- Big_Ben - 2009-06-07

Ronnie,

In aeon the videos menu item takes me straight to the files menu of the video sources while the movie menu item takes me straight to the library view of the movies.

Maybe they did some tweaking ?

- ronie - 2009-06-07

Big_Ben Wrote:Ronnie,

In aeon the videos menu item takes me straight to the files menu of the video sources

I had a look and at the aeon code and the problem with their code is that the videos section will always be in filemode, in aeon there's no way to set your videos to library view.

If you want something similar with my skin, you'll have to edit Home.xml
and change the two entries of <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos)</onclick> to <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideosFiles)</onclick>

- Big_Ben - 2009-06-07

Thanks !

- ronie - 2009-06-07

dynamix Wrote:First of all a big thanks for the update to v0.20! Corrupted textures on the xbox are history Nod Also the weatherscreen is working including the animated icons. The good old xbox has just enough power to display them.

Maybe i'll change those icons to animated gifs instead of separate png files. That should be a lot easier on the cpu. I also have the feeling that it's constantly reading from the harddisk when displaying one of the animated icons.

dynamix Wrote:Another thing is that i cannot use the system info screen as it hangs the xbox. Could it be the same bug as in the weatherscreen, ronie?

Lol, yeah...shame on me again. It'll be fixed in the next release of course.

- miljbee - 2009-06-08

ronie Wrote:I fear the whole localization thing might be a bit difficult. It will be easy to make the home buttons a bit wider, but the left menu buttons on all the other pages is a whole different story.
Also if i wanna do things right, i'm gonna need people who can translate some of the new options/settings i've implemented in this skin, as they currently are english only.

I can translate what you need in french. Feel free to pm me. Concerning the left menu buttons on other pages, I don't feel there is any problem with french. At least, i haven't noticed any !

- nuzecast - 2009-06-08

Running this on XBOX build 20950

I can't seem to get rotating custom backgrounds on the home screen.
They show (and rotate properly) on the skin settings >> backgrounds >> multi-image setup screen but the skin still only displays the default ones on the home screen.

Custom backgrounds are kept in a separate folder off the root (E:/backgrounds)

Anyone else having this issue?
Am I missing a setting?

- ronie - 2009-06-08

nuzecast Wrote:Running this on XBOX build 20950

I can't seem to get rotating custom backgrounds on the home screen.
They show (and rotate properly) on the skin settings >> backgrounds >> multi-image setup screen but the skin still only displays the default ones on the home screen.

Custom backgrounds are kept in a separate folder off the root (E:/backgrounds)

Anyone else having this issue?
Am I missing a setting?

There's an issue with custom backdrops for TV Shows and Movies on the home screen (will be fixed in next release).
All of the other ones should work just fine. Let me know if those do work for you.

- ronie - 2009-06-08

miljbee Wrote:I can translate what you need in french. Feel free to pm me. Concerning the left menu buttons on other pages, I don't feel there is any problem with french. At least, i haven't noticed any !

Cool, thanx for the offer. It won't be much, just a few words i think. I'll get in touch with you as soon as i think i'm finished with adding new options to the settings menu.
In the meantime i'll see what i can do about those button sizes.

- tikkiew - 2009-06-08

ronie Wrote:PM3.HD was designed for widescreens, so i'm afraid it will never look good on 4x3 tv's.
the problem with making the fonts bigger will be that the text won't fit the menu buttons anymore. and it may cause similar problems in other places too.
but if you want to give it a try, you can adjust all the font sizes in fonts.xml (it's in the 720p folder).

miljbee Wrote:Thank you for this great mod. It is almost perfect, but I have a little request !

I have the same problem with the left vertical menu.
I am from the Netherlands.
I can find word with 20 characters on the left.
And on the home menu the biggest word for me got 12 characters
On the xbox for 4x3 tv I increased the font.xml size by 4.
here you can download the font.xml.
Only problem I have than is with the left menu,but I already had this without increasing the font.