Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? (/showthread.php?tid=52460)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- seninha - 2009-07-08

Best thing to do is just install it on your HDD.
Works great.
But before you do that , check the forum and you will find a link for XBMC live with latest Nvidia drives already merge to it.

- needmorstuff - 2009-07-08

having issues with harmony 885 - I tried both xbox and media xtender and neither work, the remote I got also only repsonds to direction and select.. not other functions are recognised.

with regards to audio.. I have a HD av receiver - the hdmi cable goes to this - i want to use this to process sound and picture - what settings do i use in the audio section?

Audio Output:?
AC3:?
DTS:?
Audio Capable Device:?
Passthrough Output Device: ?
Downmix: ?

- Sade - 2009-07-08

Hi,
I got the sound working over HDMi in XBMC , in Ubuntu 9.04 too, but not in flashplayer ?
Someone has the same trouble ?

- DarthV - 2009-07-08

needmorstuff Wrote:having issues with harmony 885 - I tried both xbox and media xtender and neither work, the remote I got also only repsonds to direction and select.. not other functions are recognised.

with regards to audio.. I have a HD av receiver - the hdmi cable goes to this - i want to use this to process sound and picture - what settings do i use in the audio section?

Audio Output:?
AC3:?
DTS:?
Audio Capable Device:?
Passthrough Output Device: ?
Downmix: ?

Digital
Yes
Yes
hdmi
hdmi
no

I had to upgrade to alsa 1.0.20 to get it to work. Also helps to go into alsamixer and make sure things aren't muted Smile

- needmorstuff - 2009-07-08

tried that.. now I get "failed to intialize audio device - check settings"

how do i get to alsa mixer on xbmc live?

also does the word "hdmi" have to be in lowercase? I put it in upper...

Asrock ion 330 with ubuntu - midjar - 2009-07-08

Hi,

I can't get nvidia-setting to recognice my projector (pt-ae900)
Can anyone point me in the right direction how to solve this?
I'm looking in the xorg log file and can't find an entry for the display(projector)

Best regards
midjar

- DarthV - 2009-07-09

I put mine in lower. I just ssh'd in and ran alsamixer and then saved the settings.

- Starstream - 2009-07-09

needmorestuff are you using XBMC Live installed to the HD ?

It should just work with lowercase hdmi set for both also there is no audio in UI but you should hear audio when playing content. I have a HDMI sound system that my Ion 330 runs through and it works with just hdmi set for output devices in XBMC Live.

You could try this and see if it makes any difference
Audio Output: Digital
AC3: on
DTS: on
Audio Capable Device: plughw:0,3
Passthrough Output Device: hdmi
Downmix: off

Not sure about your problems with the Harmony 885 remote I have the MS IR USB receiver and a Harmony One works fine no config in XBMC needed, could it be your IR receiver ?

- Haggy - 2009-07-09

Bear with me when i move this to the hardware section - just trying to clean up a bit.

- needmorstuff - 2009-07-09

Starstream Wrote:needmorestuff are you using XBMC Live installed to the HD ?

It should just work with lowercase hdmi set for both also there is no audio in UI but you should hear audio when playing content. I have a HDMI sound system that my Ion 330 runs through and it works with just hdmi set for output devices in XBMC Live.

You could try this and see if it makes any difference
Audio Output: Digital
AC3: on
DTS: on
Audio Capable Device: plughw:0,3
Downmix: off

Not sure about your problems with the Harmony 885 remote I have the MS IR USB receiver and a Harmony One works fine no config in XBMC needed, could it be your IR receiver ?

xbmc live installed to local hard drive..
i will try in lower case

- dev_don - 2009-07-09

Hi Guys just wanted to know the best version of Ubuntu to use.... did you use the 32bit or 64bit Ubuntu for the Asrock ion 330?

Just wanted to know to ensure the best performance.

Cheers

- Haggy - 2009-07-09

Don't go 64bit unless you know what you're doing. xbmc has massive drawbacks with it (e.g. no webinterface)

- Haggy - 2009-07-09

Starstream Wrote:Audio Capable Device: plughw:0,3

Please note that your hdmi output is not guaranteed to be on card 0, device 3 - a safer setting is to use the hdmi alias - that means use "plug:hdmi" instead of "plughw:0,3"

- menno - 2009-07-09

You connect over what bus? HDMI?

Set Settings -Video ->to hdmi (two fields may require this)

- dev_don - 2009-07-09

Thanks Haggy,

Just one other thing I wanted to Buy vista for the Asrock for Dual boot. Which one is best 32bit or 64 bit. I also plan to do a bit of light gaming.

Cheers