Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? (/showthread.php?tid=52460)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- dev_don - 2009-07-17

Got mine from here - £218 plus £6 delivery - it came the next day aswell!!

http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=PCA-ION330&af=50

- dev_don - 2009-07-17

vikjon0 Wrote:Have you tried saving the sound settings?

Hi vikjon0

it did not fix the bug, PCM sound is still muted and I have to change session to gnome and unmute it.

Do you know anywhere I can look for a solution, specifically?

cheers

- vikjon0 - 2009-07-17

dev_don Wrote:Hi vikjon0

it did not fix the bug, PCM sound is still muted and I have to change session to gnome and unmute it.

Do you know anywhere I can look for a solution, specifically?

cheers

But if you do not switch to gnome, instead open the alsamixer in the console or SSH, unmute, exit and then

sudo alsactl store 0

Does it give an error message or does it save the sound?

- dev_don - 2009-07-17

vikjon0: every time I typed sudo alsactl store 0 : it would not give me any error messages. However upon startup PCM would be muted.

I think ive fixed the problem now. I did what you said by storing the vol settings. Then I removed pulseaudio drivers - I think they were conflicting with the ALSA drivers.

Seems fine now, I even have sounds in XBMC's GUI.

.....im sure someone may have written to remove pulseaudio but i cant remember where i read it.

Thanks anyway man

- sebnet67 - 2009-07-17

Hye

Maybee a stupid question, ... the HDMI on the ION platforme is a "real" HDMI connector ?
Sound + Video

Or a fake HDMI, a DVI with HDMI connector and video output ?

A try to correct my XMBC on this plateforme, AC3 and DTS are OK with SPDIF connector, but nothing on HDMI ... and stereo files like DivX ou music, no sound !!!

iec958 selected, but witch name for HDMI output .... ?

Thanks

- vikjon0 - 2009-07-17

read this
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54705

- noggin - 2009-07-18

sebnet67 Wrote:Hye

Maybee a stupid question, ... the HDMI on the ION platforme is a "real" HDMI connector ?
Sound + Video

Or a fake HDMI, a DVI with HDMI connector and video output ?

A try to correct my XBMC on this plateforme, AC3 and DTS are OK with SPDIF connector, but nothing on HDMI ... and stereo files like DivX ou music, no sound !!!

iec958 selected, but witch name for HDMI output .... ?

Thanks

The Ion platform is "real HDMI" just like many other 9400 based set-ups.

7.1 PCM HDMI audio is supported on the Ion platform - both the Acer Revo and the Asrock Ionstar 330 are confirmed to do proper HDMI audio in both Windows and Linux.

It is slightly less-straightforward to set-up in Linux than in Windows but it is possible.

- poserdonut - 2009-07-18

Is no one else having trouble with their MCE remote not working on some of the cold boots of the system?

I've been looking in /var/log/messages and some other logs and everything seems to load fine but when I the system is booted the remote does not work. I then reboot it and sometimes it starts working and other times I have to shutdown the system and boot again and suddenly it starts working.

Is it just my remote (HFX Vista Remote GP)? I'm thinking about ordering another mce remote and hoping for the best...

- seninha - 2009-07-20

harryzimm Wrote:yep, or you can copy and paste from a windows machine using ssh.

cheers.

Perfect,I enterd this line using SSH and now XBMC starts without any problem.

Astrock+XBMC are working very nice together.
ONly thing I had to do is get rid all the movies that where using WMA audio (HD movies where not playing well when WMA was used) and exchange them for ones with AC audio and now every one plays perfect.
Even 1080P works great Big GrinBig Grin

- buzzzer - 2009-07-20

Hi,

i got my AsROck yesterday and install Ubuntu and XMBC from the guide here.
Thanks to vikjon0.

I´ve also installed the Power Managment Policy Kit.

Two problems i have:
First: When i playback a media, after a couple of minutes, xbmc goes from Fullscreen in window mode and the screen go dark. In the Power Managment in Ubuntu the Buttons are on "Never". Any idea?

Second: I don´t understand this part of the Howto:
Quote:XBMC session
------------------
To boot directly into the XBMC session:

1) Logout - F10 - select Session - XBMC
First time select "just this time" when function verified repeat and set to defalt session

2) Return to login by exiting XBMC

3) Back to Gnome
F10 - Select session - Gnome

I logged out the xbmc user and press F10 - nothing happens?

- vikjon0 - 2009-07-20

Quote:Two problems i have:
First: When i playback a media, after a couple of minutes, xbmc goes from Fullscreen in window mode and the screen go dark. In the Power Managment in Ubuntu the Buttons are on "Never". Any idea?

Second: I don´t understand this part of the Howto:

yes, there is a problem with the screen when running in the desktop.
I will probably include the fix in the guide later as well as scripts for the remote.

For the moment I do not use it, I only run in the xbmc session.
(I have the fix somewhere if you still need it after I have explained the xbmc session)

If you logout out, you will come to the gdm login screen, if you place the curser where you enter the username and press F10 will you not get a list?

If not there is an "option" buttion down to the left. If you click that you will get a list where you you can click "Select Session"?

- buzzzer - 2009-07-20

Hi vikjon0,

i´ve found it Wink The German translation of this Button is funny. Screen is in Ubuntu-German "input" Wink

Ok, it works now. Thanks again.

Another question: What is an good remote for xbmc? Can use a Harmony 885? What IR Receiver should i buy?

- vikjon0 - 2009-07-20

Quote:Another question: What is an good remote for xbmc? Can use a Harmony 885? What IR Receiver should i buy?

The only one I could find in sweden that is still sold is this one: PHILIPS RC197
It works fine. In my experience the IR receiver is the problem not the remote. I have a pinnacle that I got with the TV card. The remote works with the IR receiver from the Philips but I can't get the Pinnacle IR receiver to connect in linux.

I looked, but could't find any IR receiver without remote that I thought would work. Of course, I only looked in sweden.

- abusharif - 2009-07-22

Just for info, Bios version 1.50 has been released today

- Ronald Pagan - 2009-07-22

I'm experiencing some screen tearing when watching xvid videos. I have VDPAU enabled, has anyone else had this problem?

Also, I am also having a problem with the machine waking up from suspend for no reason, highly annoying.