Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? (/showthread.php?tid=52460)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Ronald Pagan - 2009-07-22

DP

- seninha - 2009-07-23

At this moment sounds is going to my TV using HDMI.
Inside XBMC I configurated this the next way:

Audio Output: Digital
AC3: on
DTS: on
Audio Capable Device: plughw:0,3
Passthrough Output Device: hdmi
Downmix: off

My idea is now to connect the Asrock to my Amplifier using Optical cable.
That way I can listen to music without having to use my TV.
I will control XBMC using my Iphone.

Before I go out to get me a optical cable I need to know if this is going to work?
Specially if you take a look how sounds is configurated now inside XBMC.

Remember I want to be able to use both things. (when watching movies sounds uses the TV, but when I want to listen to music sounds needs to go to the amp.)

- Haggy - 2009-07-23

It can be done using an ALSA multicard definition. If you're not used to linux and alsa configuration i strongly vote against it Big Grin

- Kermee - 2009-07-24

FYI- For U.S. peeps, Newegg just got them back in stock. Ordered 1 for now. Planning to grab 6 of these total for the rest of the home for XBMC.

Cheers,
Kermee

- Kermee - 2009-07-24

Kermee Wrote:FYI- For U.S. peeps, Newegg just got them back in stock. Ordered 1 for now. Planning to grab 6 of these total for the rest of the home for XBMC.

Cheers,
Kermee

That was quick. OOS again. LOL. Guess everyone snatched them up!

Cheers,
Kermee

- Rando - 2009-07-26

I just ordered one from NCIX =)

Should be hear early next week!

- jsock - 2009-07-28

Anyone had issues with getting XBMC to suspend properly? I set the shutdown option to Suspend in system settings and when I select Shutdown the box suspends for about half a second or so but immediately wakes itself up, very annoying. Don't know if its a problem with the install or maybe my remote hardware? Running minimal Jaunty on an ION 330.

Cheers,

J

- einhänder - 2009-07-28

i have almost the same issue with a point of view nvidia ion 230 board.
suspend and wakeup is running the first time without any problem. but if i would try to suspend the machine for a second time, i have exactly the same problem you mentioned. unfortunately i couldn't gather any information what is causing this behaviour.

i'm running gentoo with the gentoo-sources-2.6.30-r4. previous versions of the 2.6.30 kernel did not make any difference.

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-07-28

same problem with ion 330 platform, first suspend works fine, after that instant wake up. spend several hours trying to fix it, unfortunately without any success.

- Starstream - 2009-07-28

Suspend works fine under XBMC Live for me so make sure your 330 has the latest bios installed just in case.

- abusharif - 2009-07-28

Starstream Wrote:Suspend works fine under XBMC Live for me so make sure your 330 has the latest bios installed just in case.

same here works fine on 330 with xbmc live.

- einhänder - 2009-07-28

Starstream Wrote:Suspend works fine under XBMC Live for me so make sure your 330 has the latest bios installed just in case.

i already tried to find a new bios revision. but i could not find any bios upgrade at the point of view website. i think i have to contact their support.

edit:
could anyone with a working suspend functionality check if the following packages are installed on their systems?

Quote:acpi-support-base
acpid
power management
laptop-mode-tools
pm-utils
powermgmt-base

edit2:

yeah, suspend is running finally. appending the parameter "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to grub fixed it. for those having a problem with suspending the machine a second time during a session, see this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52365&page=11

- jsock - 2009-07-29

Still doesn't seem to work here. Running latest BIOS (1.50) with the grub tweak. However I never had suspend working on the first occasion anyway Rolleyes

Anyone still having similar or is it just me?

J

- Kermee - 2009-07-29

Factory Reconditioned ASRock 330 ION's (with 320GB HDD, DVD-R, & 2GB RAM) just showed up at SuperBiiz for $306 USD + S/H for those who don't mind refurbished...

- -=Shaq=- - 2009-07-31

I'm also having problems with suspend. I followed Haggy's guide for installing minimal Ubuntu 9.04. I can get my Asrock to suspend, but when coming out of suspend, xbmc GUI is gone and I'm stuck at the command prompt. Only way I can get xbmc GUI is ssh from my other PC and do a sudo reboot.

Haven't tried latest BIOS or some of the other threads suggested above. Also haven't tried to see if this also happens using Live. Looks like some ppl having suspend working out of the box on their Asrocks, but I'm not one of them Sad

-=Shaq=-