Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-08-15

just want to tell you guys we're about to get a solution we all be happy with without the need to remove something from showmix.

stay tuned Wink

- SHen350 - 2009-08-15

So, we have figured out how to have this thing make us coffee huh? I gave up on popcorn.

- azido - 2009-08-15

SHen350 Wrote:So, we have figured out how to have this thing make us coffee huh? I gave up on popcorn.

kinda, yeah.
still failing for the part where to put the water in, though. ordinary hardware seems to not like water at all.

- CF2009 - 2009-08-15

azido Wrote:what exact os you're on?

Platform: Windows Vista Ultimate , 32-bit Service Pack 2 build 6002.
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz , 2GB RAM
XBMC Built on Jul 31 2009 (SVN:21914, compiler 1500)

- stylin1 - 2009-08-15

Hi, just want to say thanks for making this mod to the skin. I must say that this is looking very good. The only issues that I have - don't know if others are having these - are with floor flags and TV view.

See I think that the floor flags are a good idea on a small screen (even on a big one, when one is stationary on the movie info), but on a big screen or when scrolling along through the collection, I find it becomes distracting. This is why I ask if you can code in the floor flags to be turned off, which then make them appear in the info view (i.e. when the info auto expands. here is a pic with ideas for placement)

I also think that the genre/runtime should be placed inside of the info screen aswell. Thus leaving only the title until the info pops up (I suggest this as most people know what genre a movie is). This is a much simpler design and I think looks less cluttered when scrolling (follows K.I.S.S. design rules). The last thing that I suggest is that the other covers (poster) be dimmed slightly (and/or blurred DOF style) as this would make the current movie highlight stand out. I think that this would also ease distraction because some posters edges' have lots of bright colours, which pull your eye away toward them.

Other than this, I would like that in TV view you can turn off floor flags when choosing show, but still have flags appear when you move to episode view.

These are the only issues I wish would be cleared up. I must say though that this is a great job and I appreciate the work you guys have done for us.

- azido - 2009-08-15

CF2009 Wrote:Platform: Windows Vista Ultimate , 32-bit Service Pack 2 build 6002.
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz , 2GB RAM
XBMC Built on Jul 31 2009 (SVN:21914, compiler 1500)

do you think there's a difference for the python part of xbmc running under x64 os?

i cannot believe you get no errors when testing Huh i was able to reproduce every issue andy had (like entering "configure menu's will lead to letters be always visible in movie multiplex view and dissapearing season posters in tv show in multiplex)

cool, we share the same cpu.. give it more ram, it will benefit from (vista also) Smile

- lonchaney - 2009-08-15

just updated to the latest version and i have some problems.

none of the new tv episodes i dl are showing up in library mode...they're in the video list but not library. also, none of my movies are showing the audio flags anymore...

update: just got 1.60 and that fixed the audio flags...i still can't get my new tv episodes to show up in library mode though

- andyblac - 2009-08-15

updated GIT to version 1.60

- CF2009 - 2009-08-15

ok now i have been playing with the full skin and i'm getting all the bugs lol

it looks like it's a bug with the Container.* & *.HasFocus Tags, it is odd as it is only bugging out on some of them..

I'm working on a way to reproduce the error in PM3.HD so we can get one of the devs to have a look and fix the bugs Smile

- andyblac - 2009-08-15

CF2009 Wrote:ok now i have been playing with the full skin and i'm getting all the bugs lol

it looks like it's a bug with the Container.* & *.HasFocus Tags, it is odd as it is only bugging out on some of them..

I'm working on a way to reproduce the error in PM3.HD so we can get one of the devs to have a look and fix the bugs Smile

thank you so much for taking the time CF, Big Grin

- logictester - 2009-08-15

andy you are the MAN!! so you solved this yesno thing?

thanks CF2009 for your help Smile

- azido - 2009-08-15

logictester Wrote:andy you are the MAN!! so you solved this yesno thing?
we came around this by forcing a quit when you've entered & leave "configure menu's" and display info about this behaviour - so we need no YESNO dialog anymore Smile

- azido - 2009-08-15

just a useful hint if you experience trouble with dissapearing textures'n'shit on 1.60:

Do a settings PURGE and start setting up showmix again. until we find a solution for the things cf2009 mentioned this will be the save way to get stuff appearing where it should.

and another side note regarding the "open playlist" switch:

whenever you create a playlist (music or video) and want to add it as a main or sub menu item, SET THAT SWITCH BEFORE YOU TRY TO ADD THAT PLAYLIST!. so if you want the playlist to be playing when triggered, set the option OFF, then go into configure menu's and add it. If you like me want the playlist to be opened when triggered, set the option ON, then go to configure menu's and add it.

The switch will not change behaviours for playlists already added as an item!

this one will go into wiki when i have the time.

now enjoy showmix Wink

- soder - 2009-08-15

azido Wrote:just a useful hint if you experience trouble with dissapearing textures'n'shit on 1.60:

Do a settings PURGE and start setting up showmix again. until we find a solution for the things cf2009 mentioned this will be the save way to get stuff appearing where it should.

and another side note regarding the "open playlist" switch:

whenever you create a playlist (music or video) and want to add it as a main or sub menu item, SET THAT SWITCH BEFORE YOU TRY TO ADD THAT PLAYLIST!. so if you want the playlist to be playing when triggered, set the option OFF, then go into configure menu's and add it. If you like me want the playlist to be opened when triggered, set the option ON, then go to configure menu's and add it.

The switch will not change behaviours for playlists already added as an item!

this one will go into wiki when i have the time.

now enjoy showmix Wink

Does all this mean that I shall skip my BETA, and just update my normal version of Showmix with the git?

Will I then have a "good version" of whats in the Beta I got from Andy?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-15

soder Wrote:Does all this mean that I shall skip my BETA, and just update my normal version of Showmix with the git?

Will I then have a "good version" of whats in the Beta I got from Andy?

/Söder

i think so, yes, since we did last troubleshootings today before the release.

maybe consider a fresh clone (don't forget the --depth 1 switch) and start from the beginning.