Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-09

adriank99 Wrote:how about multiplex then Tongue

i don't know much about that launcher plugin. in fact, i do know nothing from it, except it would have to be skinnable before we could even try to force it to make use of our views at all.

- soder - 2009-09-09

soder Wrote:Just that I find it very slow suddenly, even if I have purge the settings and done all that I should.

/Söder

Damned, I just tried Transparency! What a different in speed.

/Söder

- adriank99 - 2009-09-09

azido Wrote:i don't know much about that launcher plugin. in fact, i do know nothing from it, except it would have to be skinnable before we could even try to force it to make use of our views at all.

sure, of course, just a suggestion Smile

- azido - 2009-09-09

soder Wrote:Damned, I just tried Transparency! What a different in speed.

/Söder

..and in design. well, go for it Wink

personally, i don't like the techno-look with those blueish icons and that terrible font.

- soder - 2009-09-09

azido Wrote:..and in design. well, go for it Wink

personally, i don't like the techno-look with those blueish icons and that terrible font.

The fonts was not good, thats right..
But the speed was nice...
Why has this skin become sooo slow?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-09

soder Wrote:The fonts was not good, thats right..
But the speed was nice...
Why has this skin become sooo slow?

/Söder

i do not notice any difference in speed compared to other aeon versions. in fact, the beta i'm using right now is even faster than ever before (still slower than those kinda "basic" skins though).

- logictester - 2009-09-09

no slowness here eather.... and the beta is simply amazing.... just wait for it...

- mace83 - 2009-09-09

Hey guys,

Newbie on the forum here. Already been using Aeon for quite some time and am using version 1.71 at the moment. Also using EMM r1030 to manage my movies aswell as the latest build for xbmx to date.
I am having troubles with the trailer part. First i scraped them with EMM from Youtube, but those links got timed out i think. Then i used the links from Apple to stream them. I used the links ending with .mov to insert them in the nfo files.
When i try to play them from within EMM, firefox will start and plays the trailer on its own without any other html content. (So the link just goes to the file)
Everything should be fine i guess.

Now my problem is that XBMC won't play them. Sometimes no action at all when i press down, sometimes a message appears wich sais something like Preparing stream, and then: Buffering, but then......nothing.... The TV-series preview does work btw when pressing down.

(already tried setting content again, reloading movies and delete database file)

Anybody any ideas? Searched the entire forum and google, but without result. I sure would like to keep streaming them instead of downloading them on the hdd.

BTW: Amazing skin! Keep up to good work!! 325 movies and counting Big Grin

- soder - 2009-09-09

azido Wrote:i do not notice any difference in speed compared to other aeon versions. in fact, the beta i'm using right now is even faster than ever before (still slower than those kinda "basic" skins though).

OMG!!

I now tested a skin that also showed the prefs of my HTPC.
At CPU it was only 1000 Mhz.

Then in BIOS a had Cool n quiet enabled. =)

Then I disabled it and when in and now the CPU was back to 2.5 Ghz.

Damned, I didnt thought that the function put the CPU to THAT slow.... =(

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-09

soder Wrote:OMG!!

I now tested a skin that also showed the prefs of my HTPC.
At CPU it was only 1000 Mhz.

Then in BIOS a had Cool n quiet enabled. =)

Then I disabled it and when in and now the CPU was back to 2.5 Ghz.

Damned, I didnt thought that the function put the CPU to THAT slow.... =(

/Söder

lol.. so finally you got your "normal speed" back? no wonder you thought it became slow Tongue

- soder - 2009-09-09

azido Wrote:lol.. so finally you got your "normal speed" back? no wonder you thought it became slow Tongue

Yes, now its OK like before. =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-09

mace83 Wrote:Hey guys,

Newbie on the forum here. Already been using Aeon for quite some time and am using version 1.71 at the moment. Also using EMM r1030 to manage my movies aswell as the latest build for xbmx to date.
I am having troubles with the trailer part. First i scraped them with EMM from Youtube, but those links got timed out i think. Then i used the links from Apple to stream them. I used the links ending with .mov to insert them in the nfo files.
When i try to play them from within EMM, firefox will start and plays the trailer on its own without any other html content. (So the link just goes to the file)
Everything should be fine i guess.

Now my problem is that XBMC won't play them. Sometimes no action at all when i press down, sometimes a message appears wich sais something like Preparing stream, and then: Buffering, but then......nothing.... The TV-series preview does work btw when pressing down.

(already tried setting content again, reloading movies and delete database file)

Anybody any ideas? Searched the entire forum and google, but without result. I sure would like to keep streaming them instead of downloading them on the hdd.

BTW: Amazing skin! Keep up to good work!! 325 movies and counting Big Grin

that stream links did do their job on a very random basis for me, too. i even tried to play them in PM3 HD, same behaviour - so my conclusion is it's not skin related.

typically, most of the trailers are not more than 5 to 20 mb in size, so i decided to download them, which simply enabled all trailers to work finally. no big deal on a tb drive..

wait until you see the new version Wink

- azido - 2009-09-09

soder Wrote:Yes, now its OK like before. =)

/Söder

just wondering.. normally that "quiet cpu" feature should only trim down while cpu is idle.. that's how it works on windows.

- soder - 2009-09-09

azido Wrote:just wondering.. normally that "quiet cpu" feature should only trim down while cpu is idle.. that's how it works on windows.

Yeah, I know, I don't know why it doesnt go up to full speed when playing around in ShowMix. But at least I now know that it works and DO slow down. =)

Will have to look in to that...

/Söder

- mace83 - 2009-09-09

Azido, thanks for the quick respond. I guess i`ll be downloading some trailers for the following days Smile You know a way to auto download the right trailers or did you do it manual?

On Topic: Wait until you see the new version.... Are you pointing at a new release of Showmix with a mayor change, or a completely new version of Aeon or something... Got me curious!

Mace