Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- logictester - 2009-09-14

i think azido meant that if you disable then dynamic coverflow the no matter how many items you have - you'll see them stretched for the full length of the multiplex. there is no way - at least for the moment - to aether disable the arrows or set the number of items displayed in multiplex

- soder - 2009-09-14

azido Wrote:i guess i would have other wishes if i had a 100" screen, too. unfortunately, on my 32" tv they are enough and i would rather like to see bigger thumbs than more.

the setting you want to change/disable is in settings -> advanced -> showmix and is called "dynamic coverflow".

logictester Wrote:i think azido meant that if you disable then dynamic coverflow the no matter how many items you have - you'll see them stretched for the full length of the multiplex. there is no way - at least for the moment - to aether disable the arrows or set the number of items displayed in multiplex

But that length is the same if you got all the items in your library, or if you only got two items that are multiplied to fill the screen.

You still got the arrows for left and right. If they where removed, as asked by the other user, the full length of items was longer..?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-14

soder Wrote:Originally Posted by curtis-r
BTW, a while back I actually suggested getting rid of the right & left visual arrows and adding even more thumbs.

What didnt I understand?

/Söder

you've mixed up the contexts.
he was talking about having less than normal thumbs in his views. that what i was referring to..

- azido - 2009-09-14

soder Wrote:But that length is the same if you got all the items in your library, or if you only got two items that are multiplied to fill the screen.

You still got the arrows for left and right. If they where removed, as asked by the other user, the full length of items was longer..?

/Söder

yeah so now we have 2 different topics:

1. dynamic count for thumbs being displayed
2. removal of the arrows to gain more "space" for the thumbs.

1st one is kinda done for the situation where you have less than 15 entries. with dynamic coverflow they won't repeat to fill up. but there is no setting to decide "i want 5/10/15/20 thumbs" here.

2nd one is not even an option atm.

- soder - 2009-09-14

azido Wrote:you've mixed up the contexts.
he was talking about having less than normal thumbs in his views. that what i was referring to..

How can "adding even more thumbs" be the same as "having less than normal thumbs"?

Or he HAD less less, and wanted more?
=)

/Söder

- soder - 2009-09-14

azido Wrote:yeah so now we have 2 different topics:

1. dynamic count for thumbs being displayed
2. removal of the arrows to gain more "space" for the thumbs.

1st one is kinda done for the situation where you have less than 15 entries. with dynamic coverflow they won't repeat to fill up. but there is no setting to decide "i want 5/10/15/20 thumbs" here.

2nd one is not even an option atm.

Nice. Very pedagogical. =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-14

soder Wrote:How can "adding even more thumbs" be the same as "having less than normal thumbs"?

Or he HAD less less, and wanted more?
=)

/Söder

curtis-r Wrote:Finally git pulled yesterday to 1.71 GIT 206 and been on SVN 22434 for a couple of weeks. I discovered the number of movie thumbs on the floor in Multiplex were cut down dramatically.

i thought he was referring to a situation where dynamic coverflow trims down to not repeat thumbs.

beside this andy never changed the number of displaying thumbs. at least i cannot remember there were more.

- soder - 2009-09-14

azido Wrote:i thought he was referring to a situation where dynamic coverflow trims down to not repeat thumbs.

beside this andy never changed the number of displaying thumbs. at least i cannot remember there were more.

I have now read all the posts again, and understand. The user had two questions/requests. I thought you answered them both...but now I understand that you only answered the question about the number of thumbs, and NOT the arrows. =)

/Söder

- rossgemuend - 2009-09-14

Peligrozo Wrote:Hmm. I set the "trigger" on my movie showmix to "on" (or manual or whatever it's called) and since doing that I can't bring up the information screen anymore. I tried pressing the "up" arrow which I assume is supposed to be the trigger button, but that doesn't do anything. Since pressing "up" no longer does anything at all, I am no longer able to access the menu either. How can I set the trigger back to auto again?

Yay, I'm not alone! Have you found a solution Peligrozo? I'm going to try updating to the latest Git version tonight just to see if it fixes the problem.

- curtis-r - 2009-09-14

I think I was unclear when I started this whole thumb discussion. Let me start over:

Before the ShowMix GIT update the other day, I had something like 20 movie thumbs (no repeats) in the Multiplex floor. After the update, something like only 10 thumbs total. I swore there used to be an on-screen GUI setting for more or less total thumbs, but not anymore. How do I get back to having 20 movie thumbs?

The Dynamic settings does nothing for me, probably b/c I have more movies than displayed thumbs.

- azido - 2009-09-15

curtis-r Wrote:Before the ShowMix GIT update the other day, I had something like 20 movie thumbs (no repeats) in the Multiplex floor. After the update, something like only 10 thumbs total.

after i checked for myself, you are right. a previous version, as seen on one of my screenshots at the showcase wiki, had 19 thumbs, now there are only 15. andy might have changed that when he decided he will increase the thumbs sizes, but there was never a setting for it.

- azido - 2009-09-15

soder Wrote:I have now read all the posts again, and understand. The user had two questions/requests. I thought you answered them both...but now I understand that you only answered the question about the number of thumbs, and NOT the arrows. =)

/Söder

finally! Laugh

- sandman4sure - 2009-09-15

rossgemuend Wrote:Yay, I'm not alone! Have you found a solution Peligrozo? I'm going to try updating to the latest Git version tonight just to see if it fixes the problem.

I also had this problem and changed it in the xml file guisettings.xml (in your userdata folder)
I think you should change this entry:

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Showmix.multiplexinfotrigger">true</setting

set true to false.

Set one of the others to true, like

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Showmix.multiplexinfooff">true</setting

I'm not 100% sure, so make a backup of your guisettings.xml file.

- azido - 2009-09-15

sandman4sure Wrote:I also had this problem and changed it in the xml file guisettings.xml (in your userdata folder)
I think you should change this entry:

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Showmix.multiplexinfotrigger">true</setting
set true to false.

Set one of the others to true, like

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Showmix.multiplexinfooff">true</setting
I'm not 100% sure, so make a backup of your guisettings.xml file.

setting multiplexinfoauto to true will get the default behaviour back. make sure you set multiplexinfoon and multiplexinfotrigger to false.

note 2 things: this will only set the visibility for movie multiplex view and the bool setting relies on the skin's dir name, so your dir in your example is Aeon Showmix, might be different for others.

by the way: you can safely remove all those entries in between <skinsettings> and </skinsettings> for your showmix skin, both bool and strings - defaults will be created on the next startup. you just have to customise showmix to your desire again afterwards if you do so. sometimes, if you get stuck, this is the best way to ensure it will work again.

- curtis-r - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:after i checked for myself, you are right. a previous version, as seen on one of my screenshots at the showcase wiki, had 19 thumbs, now there are only 15. andy might have changed that when he decided he will increase the thumbs sizes, but there was never a setting for it.

So there were always 19 thumbs before but now 15? I've gotta do some counting when I get home. I swear it seems like a bigger reduction than 2 thumbs on each side.