Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Mike2023 - 2009-09-15

I also have trailers for all my movies,,, if your going to do it,, why not do it right?

- azido - 2009-09-15

curtis-r Wrote:Though I didn't do any tests, I didn't notice any performance difference between 15 & 19 thumbs. Probably b/c I put in a 3.26GHz x 2 Core Duo some months ago.

referring to my test, it was done on one machine, using a quad core cpu, 8 gb of ram and a hd 3650 with 512 mb of ram, so i most likely say it's not my machine that suffers from more thumbs, simply the gui becomes noticeable slower in that view with more thumbs. even the info window appearance (setting to auto) suffers from that. scrolling feels like someone used a handbrake.

it's not that i don't understand why you would like to see more thumbs, trust me. but please also understand our goal is to get a smooth, working skin with as less issues as possible but still looking good, so we have to live with some compromises here, which also comes from the fact we are bound to the possibilities the skinning engine of today gives to us.

and hell yeah, aeon is a freakin' slow skin compared to others anyway, even without the additions/mods. showmix 2.0 is much faster than the original aeon auriga, which is the result of countless hours of working, coding and optimisation by andy and endless debugging/testing by me, too - we like to keep it fast now.. Wink

- azido - 2009-09-15

soder Wrote:I think you have bad self confidence if you do all this to impress your friends. =) I will just scan my library in XBMC to keep it easy. No extra thumbs and trailers. =)

Ok, lets say that also the other skin got the behavior. But you say that the flat view is easier. Sure, but I can also see in flat. I would like to use flat if it only worked with dynamic.

I think the "not flat" view is "fun" the first time you wanna impress someone.

/Söder

i think my self confidence is no topic in here, is it? Rolleyes of course, all what i've add to showmix is just because i can add it.

by the way: i've overseen the trouble on your first screenshot. looks like a show with no poster adopts the previous picture. i have seen this many times on aeon in different situations, this surely can be fixed.

- azido - 2009-09-15

Mike2023 Wrote:I also have trailers for all my movies,,, if your going to do it,, why not do it right?

sorry, can you explain the meaning of that post?

- soder - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:i think my self confidence is no topic in here, is it? Rolleyes

by the way: i've overseen the trouble on your first screenshot. looks like a show with no poster adopts the previous picture. i have seen this many times on aeon in different situations, this surely can be fixed.

Was just joking. =)

It would be great if it could be fixed. Its a simulare problem with the posters when you scroll very fast, as I said.

/Söder

- soder - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:sorry, can you explain the meaning of that post?

He means that I he anyway going to do extra thumbs and everything, why not also add a trailer.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-15

MikeTek Wrote:Sorry for asking questions and letting my newb show....I am very new to aeon and I have no since of history and changes. I will read all 200 pages of this thread at some point, but I want to dig in and play now Smile

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms...but how many covers should I be getting in non-dynamic cover flow view? I get 7, but some of the screen shots show more. I now there are previous posts discussing this change, but it appears as if those refer to the dynamic coverflow. Just curious if the non-dynamic is the same. Also I notice in some of videos displaying the skin, the options to change the views are at the top of the screen and mine are at the left side....is this only on the newest build or is that something I can change?

Thanks in advance.

the number of available thumbs in multiplex view is 15 as mentioned in some posts before and even shown on the last screenshot from soder.

the videos you saw are rather outdated. i'll put a new one on youtube soon. currently i'm working at the wiki to reflect version 2.0 of showmix.

and no, the vertical menu is the new standard; no more "on top" settings for showmix.

- Mike2023 - 2009-09-15

soder Wrote:He means that I he anyway going to do extra thumbs and everything, why not also add a trailer.

/Söder

Indeed, it just plain cool to have all the info possible. I know I will never watch all the trailers,, but its just plain neat. Cool

- azido - 2009-09-15

soder Wrote:Was just joking. =)

It would be great if it could be fixed. Its a simulare problem with the posters when you scroll very fast, as I said.

/Söder

i don't think that's really a similar problem. that "replacement" of a non-existant thumb with the previous shown was introduced on the first upcoming extrathumbs, too.. it's just some missing code that clears the thumb so it won't be displayed on a field with missing image.

the scrolling "problem" really shows that the gui/skin simply cannot refresh fast enough in that view with 15 thumbs. edit: that's why andy implemented the letter display on fast scrolling, so you get an idea where you are when scrolling fast.

- azido - 2009-09-15

Mike2023 Wrote:Indeed, it just plain cool to have all the info possible. I know I will never watch all the trailers,, but its just plain neat. Cool

oh man, i really do them all:

Wink and it's just pretty cool if you have some friends in here going to watch a movie and judge it by the trailer..

- Mike2023 - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:oh man, i really do them all:

Wink and it's just pretty cool if you have some friends in here going to watch a movie and judge it by the trailer..

next project for me is to try and hunt down all HQ trailers, they do look so very nice.

- azido - 2009-09-15

Mike2023 Wrote:next project for me is to try and hunt down all HQ trailers, they do look so very nice.

problem on my side is that most of them are not available in german Huh

- curtis-r - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:referring to my test, it was done on one machine, using a quad core cpu, 8 gb of ram and a hd 3650 with 512 mb of ram, so i most likely say it's not my machine that suffers from more thumbs, simply the gui becomes noticeable slower in that view with more thumbs.

No worries. I didn't mean to push the issue. I just wanted to make sure I was clear.
[BTW, how in the world do you keep everyone's issue sorted in your head?! I'm dizzy just reading all the different posts.]

- azido - 2009-09-15

curtis-r Wrote:No worries. I didn't mean to push the issue. I just wanted to make sure I was clear.
[BTW, how in the world do you keep everyone's issue sorted in your head?! I'm dizzy just reading all the different posts.]

i might spend too much time testing/debugging showmix and giving answers in this thread.. Laugh kinda training hehe..

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-16

His this MOD still in development?

Thanks