Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-29

PrimaryMaster Wrote:"new low list.. " ?
Read a few pages back...

About the low list: Are we allowed to start asking when it'll be ready yet? Wink It looks so awesome, I can't wait to try it out.

- azido - 2009-09-30

Peligrozo Wrote:Read a few pages back...

About the low list: Are we allowed to start asking when it'll be ready yet? Wink It looks so awesome, I can't wait to try it out.

basically we are done with nearly every layout aspect.

we are now (since yesterday) doing some finishing regarding tweakings here and there, and i am so evil that i will find a previously overseen issue everytime we think it's ready :cool2:

so expect me to find even more, but basically we get really close to push it.

now to make you begging even more, here is a screen of the song selection level in music you get (with info window opened):

please notice the new FLOOR layout that is applied to all low list views - blending into the fanart instead of the hard cut we had before Rolleyes

also have a look at the new NOW PLAYING widget location.. now what you CAN'T see on this picture is: the disc is spinning when you play music..

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-30

Sick. Want factor = very high. Nice job, planning on adding ability to customize the disc looks as well? Smile

- azido - 2009-09-30

Peligrozo Wrote:Sick. Want factor = very high. Nice job, planning on adding ability to customize the disc looks as well? Smile

unfortunately, this is not our plan to create our version of a cdArt mod ~laughs~

so most likely: no.

but we make sure we find a good looking one.

feel free to contribute. size should be 236x236 pixels, preferrably png. make sure it is a generic one Wink

now, but what you can customise - is to put a different fanart in an artist's album dir than for the artist itself.
if doing so, you will benefit of something like this

as the info window now displays the artist's fanart but your album has another one, you get another image in here Wink

looks cool i'd say..

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-30

azido Wrote:looks cool i'd say..

I'd say so too, nice work the two of you Smile

can't wait at all now Tongue

- Danielocean - 2009-09-30

azido Wrote:now, but what you can customise - is to put a different fanart in an artist's album dir than for the artist itself.
if doing so, you will benefit of something like this

as the info window now displays the artist's fanart but your album has another one, you get another image in here Wink

looks cool i'd say..

Is this like extrathumb, with changing fanarts!?

How we should placed the fanarts?! one (or more) for the artist (in artist folder/ if there are all albums in), and them a fanart (or more) for each album?! Which pic will be as fanart (as background over the screen), which as thumb (in the info-box)?! I want to prepare for this look Wink

- azido - 2009-09-30

Danielocean Wrote:Is this like extrathumb, with changing fanarts!?

How we should placed the fanarts?! one (or more) for the artist (in artist folder/ if there are all albums in), and them a fanart (or more) for each album?! Which pic will be as fanart (as background over the screen), which as thumb (in the info-box)?! I want to prepare for this look Wink

no, not extrathumb (although i just had that idea tonight: "what about extrathumbs for music?")

simple as

MUSIC>ARTIST 1>ALBUM 1\
--------------------------\01-track01.mp3
--------------------------\02-track02.mp3
--------------------------\03-track03.mp3 and so on..
--------------------------\album.nfo (nfo for album 1)
--------------------------\fanart.jpg (fanart for album 1)
--------------------------\folder.jpg (cover for album 1)
---------------->ALBUM 2\
--------------------------\album.nfo (nfo for album 2)
--------------------------\fanart.jpg (fanart for album 2)
--------------------------\folder.jpg (cover for album 2)
---------------->ALBUM 3\
--------------------------\album.nfo (nfo for album 3)
--------------------------\fanart.jpg (fanart for album 3)
--------------------------\folder.jpg (cover for album 3)
-----------------\artist.nfo
-----------------\fanart.jpg (fanart for artist 1)
-----------------\folder.jpg (thumb for artist 1)

Basically:
1 fanart in every artist's dir
1 fanart in every album's dir

(for double cd albums: if you want to have a visual difference in cd1 and cd2, create seperate dirs for them and put different fanarts in them, too Wink)

Now, in the above example ( a perfect circle screenshot )
- the background is fanart of the album
- the picture inside info window is fanart of the artist

(note the picture in info window will change if you browse to another artist, there is nothing we can do about that..)

- zwat - 2009-09-30

looks great. one thing i miss in aeon is when watching a movie and going back to the homescreen there is no picture of the running movie. could u make a little viewing window like pm3 have?

- Dullie - 2009-09-30

Just want to show my appreciation to all the team.. and especially azido.. Very active and helpful in every aspect.. Knock on wood.. Big Grin

Job done well.. Thanks!!

- azido - 2009-09-30

zwat Wrote:looks great. one thing i miss in aeon is when watching a movie and going back to the homescreen there is no picture of the running movie. could u make a little viewing window like pm3 have?

we already took care of this (in fact andy did long time before i got involved).

you want to turn this option on:

..to gain not a little window, but fullscreen running movie (and music visualisation, too) in home menu instead of the backdrops Wink

- azido - 2009-09-30

Dullie Wrote:Just want to show my appreciation to all the team.. and especially azido.. Very active and helpful in every aspect.. Knock on wood.. Big Grin

Job done well.. Thanks!!

thanks, mate. nice to read a comment like this..

floor texture version 2.0 - azido - 2009-09-30

.. you guys get your feeling of fanart all the screen
.. we get our black floor for the reflections

all happy? Rolleyes

note to danielocean: we heard you - see where the rating flag is Tongue

azido Wrote:.. you guys get your feeling of fanart all the screen
.. we get our black floor for the reflections

all happy? Rolleyes

note to danielocean: we heard you - see where the rating flag is Tongue

it looks very good The fading black in the bottom is raelly better than the "hard one".!

And thanks for the rating flag Wink for germans like me, is looks now better...

yes yes yes... they heard me Big Grin
(I'm proud!)

but (no, 'but' is the wrong word...), why there is a bit space between the border and the first flag?! is that cause the width of the flag?! maybe we can fit the flag...?! Should i do that?!

wooooooooo....

i have an idea...!

is it possible to build in a switch for this low list?! so you can choose like this:

for fanart lovers: you have the view like the last screen: low list with poster & fanart (without info box, which tiggered in later, manually or automatically). later... the info box comes in with two thumbs.

or

for symmetry lovers: you can see fanart, lowlist, poster plus two thumbs on the left (without info box, which tiggered in later, manually or automatically). later... only the info box comes in.

- sandman4sure - 2009-09-30

Is there something changed with the thumb for tv-shows?
I always have a poster.jpg in de shows dir, which would be used when I press 'i' (tv show information)
Now it's using folder.jpg there. That's the widescreen thumb.

I just updated to the latest svn build 23185. Don't know if that is the problem, or the skin, because I hardly open the tv-show information screen.