Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- patkhoo - 2009-10-09

zwat Wrote:i know it's some issues with font legality (hence valid reason) but why not every font is free i don't understand (hence stupid reason) Big Grin

I suppose DJH, et al, are simply being cautious. After all, it is their name on the Git accounts eh? Nod

zwat Wrote:i tried ur scrip but thought the git pull took too long and it seemed to replace every picture file. at least allot of files got listed. maybe that's been fixed in never versions. and xbmc update in same script might be bad if the nightly build fucks up too much.

If you've never used my script before, then it does a Git Clone. That's the point - for new users eh? If you use it all the time, then of course it does a git (fetch)pull. As for XBMC update, by default it is not active, so you have to turn it on. But again, Aeon Showmix, et al, does require a recent SVN. And this feature (to add integration with xbmcupdate) was a user-requested feature.

zwat Wrote:so i prefer the manual git even tho it's more work and seems harder to do for ppl new to this.

Of course.. I think it is up to the user how they want to grab the skin(s). You are clearly not a newbie Rolleyes so git is not so difficult. But for real newbies who may even be asking what is G.I.T.? well, then they need some help yes?

- patkhoo - 2009-10-09

sexten Wrote:Hey. I have a few "general" questions.

1) Is there a version of ShowMix that works with XBMC 9.04 Stable (no SVN-release)?
2) What version of XBMC is ShowMix 2.1 supposed to work with? 22516? Latest? 9.04?
3) If no to 1), will there possibly exist a version of ShowMix that supports 9.10 Stable?

1) I don't think so.
2) 22516 is a good one. Else, Latest SVN - especially if you start talking about 9.10...
3) Although nothing can be confirmed until 9.10 is officially released, I don't see why current Aeon Showmix would not work on 9.10, since Aeon Showmix already works fine with current SVNs.

Quote:XBMC 9.10 (codename "C?") Release Schedule:
Planned new features/functions for XBMC 9.10 already supported in SVN

From http://www.xbmc.org/trac/milestone/9.10

- azido - 2009-10-09

patkhoo Wrote:1)
3) Although nothing can be confirmed until 9.10 is officially released, I don't see why current Aeon Showmix would not work on 9.10, since Aeon Showmix already works fine with current SVNs.

it depends much on when 9.10 (the official stable version) will see the light.

chances are that this version will require skin updates. for example i'm not sure that 9.10 will still support xpr texture files.

final conclusion: as long as andy and me can follow the path of xbmc dev's decisions, showmix will support the "latest" xbmc revision.

- azido - 2009-10-09

sexten Wrote:Hey. I have a few "general" questions.

1) Is there a version of ShowMix that works with XBMC 9.04 Stable (no SVN-release)?
2) What version of XBMC is ShowMix 2.1 supposed to work with? 22516? Latest? 9.04?
3) If no to 1), will there possibly exist a version of ShowMix that supports 9.10 Stable?

1) NO.
2) At given time: 22516. period. NO SUPPORT for any issues tracked down to svn >22516.

3) Ask a fortune-teller.

Yes, people with "general" questions are allowed to read the wiki, too. Oo

- zeus[x] - 2009-10-09

Anyone with problem downloading the skin?

I'm not able to download, i click on download and nothing happens.

- azido - 2009-10-09

zeus[x];416356 Wrote:Anyone with problem downloading the skin?

I'm not able to download, i click on download and nothing happens.

did you have enough patience?

also, you might check to get known to git clone.

- zeus[x] - 2009-10-09

I had a lot of patience, i clicked on download, it opened a small window (a rectangle) and i could see the loader, then it gets all page blank and nothing happens for 5 minuts and more. i tryed this more than once.

PS. I'm using webpage to download the .zip file. not via gitGUI

- sandman4sure - 2009-10-09

zeus[x];416364 Wrote:I had a lot of patience, i clicked on download, it opened a small window (a rectangle) and i could see the loader, then it gets all page blank and nothing happens for 5 minuts and more. i tryed this more than once.

I also sometimes had this, then I tried the other option (there is a zip and another one)

Now I just use the script for downloading it.

- zeus[x] - 2009-10-09

I will give a try on the script.

- adriank99 - 2009-10-09

zeus[x];416384 Wrote:I will give a try on the script.

i have problem with downloading it with IE, i use google chrome and it works fine. Not sure if firefox works Sad

- azido - 2009-10-09

zeus[x];416364 Wrote:I had a lot of patience, i clicked on download, it opened a small window (a rectangle) and i could see the loader, then it gets all page blank and nothing happens for 5 minuts and more. i tryed this more than once.

PS. I'm using webpage to download the .zip file. not via gitGUI

that's why i wrote you should get familiar to git clone. In the likely event that you are willing to pull small updates/fixes when they are out instead of downloading the whole mod over and over again, you just need a small part of your brain capacity to understand how the git bash works.. there is a perfect manual for just this here in the xbmc forum (i've linked to that one from the wiki) which should in general take 5-10 minutes of your time/patience/understanding capabilities to get your first successful clone downloaded.

after that, jumping into your skin folder and typing git pull from the bash will save both your time and your bandwidth.. Rolleyes

- neurosis13 - 2009-10-09

can autoupdate be implemented somehow?

Download from github is broken, no luck since yesterday.
no chance, explorer, firefox, safari....
no download.

- Mike2023 - 2009-10-09

neurosis13 Wrote:can autoupdate be implemented somehow?

Download from github is broken, no luck since yesterday.
no chance, explorer, firefox, safari....
no download.

The html link never worked for me. Use the script or git bash.

- thesoulhacker - 2009-10-09

Azido, you git repository is broken, and has been for the past two days, cloning or pulling does not work and ends up crashing. Thought you guys were aware of it but it doesn't look like it. Just try cloning your repo and you'll see what I'm talking talking about.

- Hitcher - 2009-10-09

Clicking the download link results in the page blanking and freezing. Trying to clone ends up with this error message -

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF