Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- patkhoo - 2009-07-23

logictester Wrote:here is a link to a thread that shows how to fix this settings and weather bug:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54273

if you use conditional weather - you can't use your own backdrops - there is a predefiened backdrops folder for that at /media/backdrops/weather, in general the backdrops have to be set in numbered folders like 00=sunny 01=rain and so on and then xbmc knows how to pull and image according to the current condition

I have a feeling this solution is not a proper solution (or the whole story) to the problem because if you set folders with multiple images as backdrops for other sections (video, movies, music, tv, etc), this problem does not occur. As such, I have a feeling there is a "deeper" problem somewhere else.

So while the solution makes sense, I think it is better for andy (or djh) to make an official fix for it. And maybe this is it, but for now, I will just stick to one single image for weather and settings.

- curtis-r - 2009-07-23

Is there any simple code hack for Flow view to get rid of the right & left arrow icons and add more movie thumbs?

- azido - 2009-07-23

hmmmm..

for some reason the episode thumbs for tv-shows do not show up anymore.

any idea what could have been causing this?
also, wasn't there an option to select between fanart and episode thumb in this view? i cannot find it anymore.

thumb does not show up here, even if i reselect one from an available picture. it does show up on home screen though, when rescanning media to the database for episodes.

help me Blush

EDIT 2: i pulled a fresh version of your mod and it still has that behaviour without me changing anything in the code.. might have found a bug?

- GrinRoth - 2009-07-23

azido Wrote:andy,
i wish you could do one of those 2 things:

1. either enable a switch that makes it possible to use fullscreen in movie section/tv section only, but leave music section in the default view state (get me here? i mean no fullscreen for music) or

2. revert the textures for fullscreen list view in the music section to stay the way it would be on "normal" list view, thus showing more of the fanart in background and not covering most of the screen with a dark texture. i don't even think we need such a big-sized cover artwork image here.

willing to follow me here?

Or maybe it would be possible to include the low list view of leeuw for the music section?
Multiplex for music looks nice, but with a large music collection the list view is just the fastest and best way to navigate through.
With leeuw's low list this works perfectly and leaves enough free space on the screen for a nice fanart-friendly view...
Would that be an option?

- azido - 2009-07-23

GrinRoth Wrote:Or maybe it would be possible to include the low list view of leeuw for the music section?
Multiplex for music looks nice, but with a large music collection the list view is just the fastest and best way to navigate through.
With leeuw's low list this works perfectly and leaves enough free space on the screen for a nice fanart-friendly view...
Would that be an option?

good point!

too bad andy seems to be far away from his desktop. this episode view problem above makes me mad.

edit: ok, found it.. recent changes to Includes_VerticalMenu.xml caused the switch option FANART/THUMB to dissapear from the menu, which (at least in my case) also caused not appearing thumb or fanart in episode fullscreen multiplex view.

here's an older file which works as supposed (andy, check your changes): Includes_VerticalMenu.xml (right click, save as..)
if you suffer from the same problem as me, make a backup of the existing one and copy this file over.

- andyblac - 2009-07-23

azido Wrote:good point!

too bad andy seems to be far away from his desktop. this episode view problem above makes me mad.

hi, sorry been out most of the day today, if you have the latest git pull, you select the episode view thumb using the style menu, you should have 2 options ART (the tree) or EPISODE (blank)

- andyblac - 2009-07-23

soder Wrote:Cool. That I gonna use. But, the fix for the bug, isnt better to let Andy fix that, or it will fuck up my "git pull"?

/Söder

i thought i fixed the setting fast image thing ?, i'll take another look as well as the weather i forgot to do that one.

EDIT: just checked settings and it's working fine, i think I've fixed the weather but give it ago.

- andyblac - 2009-07-23

azido Wrote:good point!

edit: ok, found it.. recent changes to Includes_VerticalMenu.xml caused the switch option FANART/THUMB to dissapear from the menu, which (at least in my case) also caused not appearing thumb or fanart in episode fullscreen multiplex view.

here's an older file which works as supposed (andy, check your changes): Includes_VerticalMenu.xml (right click, save as..)
if you suffer from the same problem as me, make a backup of the existing one and copy this file over.

works fine here Huh, are you using the style menu ?, what screen are you using ? ( FULLSCREEN or WINDOW)

- andyblac - 2009-07-23

soder Wrote:What is dynamic flow?

/Söder

when enabled, (TV OR MUSIC) it reduces the FLOW thumbs to only show available items, ie NO duplicates. by reducing the number of thumbs shown.

- logictester - 2009-07-23

andyblac Wrote:works fine here Huh, are you using the style menu ?, what screen are you using ? ( FULLSCREEN or WINDOW)

works fine here too - try rebooting

- azido - 2009-07-23

andyblac Wrote:works fine here Huh, are you using the style menu ?

there you are Wink

i'm using the absolutely latest git pull which - without changing ANY option at all - basically gives me this:

what's the style menu you're talking about?

edit: i guess you mean this one:

right?

i'm only getting this if i copy over Includes_VerticalMenu.xml from an older version of your mod.

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:there you are Wink

i'm using the absolutely latest git pull which - without changing ANY option at all - basically gives me this:

what's the style menu you're talking about?

edit: i guess you mean this one:

right?

i'm only getting this if i copy over Includes_VerticalMenu.xml from an older version of your mod.

try pulling a fresh copy, your not up to date. you should see this:

- azido - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:try pulling a fresh copy, your not up to date. you should see this:

exactly what i did after encountering the problem Sad

i'll try a new one.

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:there you are Wink

BTW, i see your using a foreign language, do you think you could update the strings file for your language ?, and i would add it to the GIT, my custom labels are right at the bottom of the file .

- azido - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:BTW, i see your using a foreign language, do you think you could update the strings file for your language ?, and i would add it to the GIT, my custom labels are right at the bottom of the file .

(btw: this time github is even counting more objects - 5002. last clone brought about 4700? and was terrible slow)

yeah, no problem. i'll do that.

would you in return take a look at my suggestions made about the full screen list view in music lib? Rolleyes