Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

OK, Another GIT update:

FIXED: a MAJOR bug due to the new fullscreen code. and version number added to customise settings screen.

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:1. i see. if they are the only graphical representation of movie covers, they are indeed a bit too small. but as i use fullscreen poster view, they are just "catchy" for me.

2. depends on where and what you scrape and what's your liking. i like descriptive plots more than a single punchline Wink

3. you may want to check out EMM. it provides an easy way to get and create those extra pictures - but of course only if you like to.

andy, i've finished german strings.xml in first instance, but i found out you've left some labels out from it. i'm not sure if they are fixed ones in the various xmls (like i.e. STYLE?) and not localized yet, or just being defined in english strings.xml and not in the german one yet. unfortunately i have to leave home now, but i take a deeper look on it later. anyway, here's what i have so far:

modified german strings.xml for andyblac's showmix mod (right click, save as..)

enjoy.

ADDED thanks Big Grin, found the missing string i've now added them so you can update the string file.

- iEvo - 2009-07-24

hi andy,

Im using this skin and its awesome! but I have one problem. When i press "down" to view a trailer, the trailers wont load in "windowed-view" I always get fullscreen view. Where can i change this? Iam not so much into skinning and xml. Can you or somebody else help me, id love to get the windowed feature.
Trailer and Preview feature is enabled in settings... this problem drives me crazy ^^

thanks and greets,
Alex

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

iEvo Wrote:hi andy,

Im using this skin and its awesome! but I have one problem. When i press "down" to view a trailer, the trailers wont load in "windowed-view" I always get fullscreen view. Where can i change this? Iam not so much into skinning and xml. Can you or somebody else help me, id love to get the windowed feature.
Trailer and Preview feature is enabled in settings... this problem drives me crazy ^^

thanks and greets,
Alex

are you using PLEX ??, if your using XBMC make sure sure your using the latest SVN version get it here

- Weavus - 2009-07-24

soder Wrote:Nice! A quick question: I dont use multiplex for Movies, cause I think the posters down there are to small, and that I cant see the beauty in them. Is it possble in some way to adjust the multiplex for bigger posters?
Yeah I totally agree. In fact for TV shows I use showcase until I get to the episode level as the thumbs are too small for me in multiplex. However this means I lose the ability to have trigger info as that only works in multiplex. An option to increase poster size in multiplex would be awesome.

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:andy, i hope i don't tap on your nerves (i would understand since it looks like i'm hijacked this thread for my personal usage Rofl) but:

can you tell me what happens for YOU if you select these 2 options in the shutdown menu:

1. HOME VISUALISER: ON/OFF

this is now FIXED,

Home Visualiser, it now (when turnd ON) displays video on home screen
when video is playing, and displays curently playing song infomation

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

Weavus Wrote:Yeah I totally agree. In fact for TV shows I use showcase until I get to the episode level as the thumbs are too small for me in multiplex. However this means I lose the ability to have trigger info as that only works in multiplex. An option to increase poster size in multiplex would be awesome.

but that would cover the info window ??

- SHen350 - 2009-07-24

I believe those that think the posters in multiplex are too small are going about this the wrong way. You don't need bigger posters, you need a bigger TV! This is the perfect opportunity to upgrade to that 80" screen you've been wanting, but the wife won't late you get it. I mean, it's not that you just want it, but now you need it to get the full entertainment value from your media system.
Actually though, they seem to be fine on 65", but I wouldn't mention that until the bigger TV's get shot down. Then you can rationalize that you are compromizing and getting the 65".

- logictester - 2009-07-24

logictester Wrote:hi Andy, when in games -> plugins section - it's not possible to select the list view even though it's in the vertical menu - selecting it gets me to wall
same problem with the scripts section

hi Andy, how about this?

- tmc701 - 2009-07-24

SHen350 Wrote:I believe those that think the posters in multiplex are too small are going about this the wrong way. You don't need bigger posters, you need a bigger TV! This is the perfect opportunity to upgrade to that 80" screen you've been wanting, but the wife won't late you get it. I mean, it's not that you just want it, but now you need it to get the full entertainment value from your media system.
Actually though, they seem to be fine on 65", but I wouldn't mention that until the bigger TV's get shot down. Then you can rationalize that you are compromizing and getting the 65".

Or sit very, very close to the TV.
Nerd

- neurosis13 - 2009-07-24

SHen350 Wrote:I believe those that think the posters in multiplex are too small are going about this the wrong way. You don't need bigger posters, you need a bigger TV! This is the perfect opportunity to upgrade to that 80" screen you've been wanting, but the wife won't late you get it. I mean, it's not that you just want it, but now you need it to get the full entertainment value from your media system.

or press info and enjoy the poster on half of the screen.
Shocked

- azido - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:this is now FIXED,

Home Visualiser, it now (when turnd ON) displays video on home screen
when video is playing, and displays curently playing song infomation

can i be your girlfriend? haha, kidding. thanx!

ok, updated/modified german strings.xml. get it here. note i've adjusted it further so it makes more sense in context. i'd say your vertical menu is now really intuitive for us germans Wink

i will dig deeper into that language thing. there are still some mod features (not initially your ones) that are not translated yet.

also, now that you removed horizontal menu, some strings might have become obsolete. not absolutely sure at this point, though. i'll check.

- rausch101 - 2009-07-24

I'm having a couple problems with the new version. I'm using Rev21844.

1. In TV Shows -> epsiode level in multiplex view, there are no fonts showing up on the grey overlay bar on each episode thumb in the bottom list.

2. I can't enter the "Advanced" settings from within the skin settings menu? This seems like a really strange bug. I loaded up Hitcher's mod and the same thing happens, which means this isn't a bug in your mod, but did something in the new XBMC Rev mess this up?

Has anyone ever had these problems?

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

logictester Wrote:hi Andy, how about this?

i dont see a plugin folder in my games ?

- SHen350 - 2009-07-24

Hmmm... I don't normally update XBMC until the weekends, so mine would be from last week. My Advanced settings is still there, they seem to be working correctly and eventually I will get the rid of crazy settings backgrounds when I update this weekend I hope.
As for the multiplex view for TV, mine show up there also. I normally use list for TV views, but changed it to see.
You might redownload last weeks XBMC and see if that helps at all. I'm sure if it is a problem with compatability of the new XBMC and Andy's skin then he will have it sorted out rather quickly.