Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:can i be your girlfriend? haha, kidding. thanx!

ok, updated/modified german strings.xml. get it here. note i've adjusted it further so it makes more sense in context. i'd say your vertical menu is now really intuitive for us germans Wink

i will dig deeper into that language thing. there are still some mod features (not initially your ones) that are not translated yet.

also, now that you removed horizontal menu, some strings might have become obsolete. not absolutely sure at this point, though. i'll check.

on GIT, i have also added a few more strings for you Smile

- junk - 2009-07-24

Looking really nice, but I'm having problems downloading. I tried using the "Download" button on github, the download starts and then it hangs somewhere along the way. Sometimes it restarts for a while, and then hangs "forever". Anyone else having this problem? Is there an alternate download location?

Thanks in advance!

- SHen350 - 2009-07-24

neurosis13 Wrote:or press info and enjoy the poster on half of the screen.
Shocked

That's true, but I believe they want to be able to see it better while scrolling through the movies. I understand the feeling. On my 42" TV the seem a little small, but you can make them out well. I believe on a 32" it would become a bit harder and annoying. As stated before though, they look great on a 65" TV. It's one of the things I love about XBMC and this skin, They look beautiful no matter the TV size. MCE started to look a little ragged once it hit my big TV. The magazine I purchased that led me to XBMC was some of the best money I've ever spent.

- SHen350 - 2009-07-24

junk Wrote:Looking really nice, but I'm having problems downloading. I tried using the "Download" button on github, the download starts and then it hangs somewhere along the way. Sometimes it restarts for a while, and then hangs "forever". Anyone else having this problem? Is there an alternate download location?

Thanks in advance!

Are you using Git GUI or Git Bash? I use the GUI generally and follow the directions on the sticky. I paste Andy's git info in the source location and then clone it. This is probably the worst way to get it, but seems to work for me. I get all the files and not just pull updates as I have 4 PC's to update and it's easier to take a portable drive around and do it.

I am sure the people on here have a much better way, I hear using Git bash is pretty easy, but I have never been able to use it. That should tell you my level with Git.Eek

- azido - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:on GIT, i have also added a few more strings for you Smile

the file available from git (the one you've uploaded 12 mins ago) is not the one that's from my recent link. it's my first translation. please reupload Wink

also, while you are at it:

fullscreen movie multiplex poster view is missing genre/year information at the bottom since your last 2 updates.

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:the file available from git (the one you've uploaded 12 mins ago) is not the one that's from my link. it's my first translation. please reupload Wink

it should have been, try now Smile

- logictester - 2009-07-25

andyblac Wrote:i dont see a plugin folder in my games ?

how about the scripts? also - what new strings did you add? i can't seem to find any untraslated strings in my strings.xml

- azido - 2009-07-25

andyblac Wrote:it should have been, try now Smile

funny.. still the old one. maybe some caching occured since i have just overwritten it on my webspace. you can even see it since your strings 31042-31049 are still untranslated on the git-version.

added the comment <!-- additional translations by azido --> now so you can verify it's the new one.

grab a new copy here and don't forget to add the new untranslated strings also Wink

and read my whole post, damnit! ~laughs~

- azido - 2009-07-25

logictester Wrote:how about the scripts? also - what new strings did you add? i can't seem to find any untraslated strings in my strings.xml

we're working on the german translation, where he should have added some more strings to translate to german.

- junk - 2009-07-25

SHen350 Wrote:Are you using Git GUI or Git Bash? I use the GUI generally and follow the directions on the sticky. I paste Andy's git info in the source location and then clone it. This is probably the worst way to get it, but seems to work for me. I get all the files and not just pull updates as I have 4 PC's to update and it's easier to take a portable drive around and do it.

I am sure the people on here have a much better way, I hear using Git bash is pretty easy, but I have never been able to use it. That should tell you my level with Git.Eek

I finally got it downloaded, took me about 20 restarts... on my toes the last MBs Wink I used the link provided in the first post, the big "Download here". Then i chose TAR-archive.

Looking really nice! I'm having serious performance problems when loading any kind of background images (fan art in movies, setting background, etc), running on decent hardware: AMD X2 and 2 GB RAM, some medium ATI graphics card. MediaStream and all other skins I've tried have had no problems. Is this a known issue with this mod or with Aeon in general? Or is my hardware just plain bad?

Great work though!

- andyblac - 2009-07-25

logictester Wrote:how about the scripts? also - what new strings did you add? i can't seem to find any untraslated strings in my strings.xml

Hebrew was up to date, all the rest where missing 31042 - 31049 Big Grin

- andyblac - 2009-07-25

azido Wrote:funny.. still the old one. maybe some caching occured since i have just overwritten it on my webspace. you can even see it since your strings 31042-31049 are still untranslated on the git-version.

added the comment <!-- additional translations by azido --> now so you can verify it's the new one.

grab a new copy here and don't forget to add the new untranslated strings also Wink

and read my whole post, damnit! ~laughs~

that's got it Big Grin 31042 - 31049 are the that where missing, if you see any others let me know Smile

- azido - 2009-07-25

andyblac Wrote:that's got it Big Grin

yeah, saw your upload some mins ago.

- andyblac - 2009-07-25

azido Wrote:also, while you are at it:

fullscreen movie multiplex poster view is missing genre/year information at the bottom since your last 2 updates.

looks fine here Huh

No backgrounds - dancampbell1787 - 2009-07-25

Hey andy,

first off, AMAZING work!! I am in love with Aeon now, especially with the multiplex views. i cannot stress how thankful I am and at what an amazing job your doing keep it up.

now to my problem. i just downloaded the git package and there are no backgrounds showing up at all in the home section, it's just black, any clue as to why that would be? im pretty sure i checked out all the 'obvious' places. altough i could be mistaken as im not very keen on programming or anything of the sort.

that being said, i am somewhat of a noob to all of this and i am scouring these forums and many others for lots and lots of beginner material to read up on as far as using my version of XBMC (Plex since I'm on a mac) with Aeon (more specifically your build) and sometimes still left hanging. any help you could provide would be amazing, or if you could direct to where i can get more help that would be awesome too.

thanx for all your help.